Nora C Toussaint
- Exploiting physico-chemical properties in string kernelsNora C Toussaint
Center for Bioinformatics, Eberhard Karls Universitat, Sand 14, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
BMC Bioinformatics 11:S7. 2010..This information is very valuable, especially when training data is less abundant. There have been only very few approaches so far that aim at combining these two ideas...
- Universal peptide vaccines - optimal peptide vaccine design based on viral sequence conservationNora C Toussaint
Center for Bioinformatics, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Vaccine 29:8745-53. 2011..The proposed methodology can be applied to any virus to assess the feasibility of optimally combining the above-mentioned constraints...
- Inferring latent task structure for Multitask Learning by Multiple Kernel LearningChristian Widmer
Friedrich Miescher Laboratory, Max Planck Society, Spemannstr, 39, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
BMC Bioinformatics 11:S5. 2010..This is done by formulating the Multitask Learning problem as Multiple Kernel Learning, using the recently published q-Norm MKL algorithm...
- OptiTope--a web server for the selection of an optimal set of peptides for epitope-based vaccinesNora C Toussaint
Division for Simulation of Biological Systems, Wilhelm Schickard Institute for Computer Science, Center for Bioinformatics Tubingen, Eberhard Karls Universitat Tubingen, Germany
Nucleic Acids Res 37:W617-22. 2009..g. a certain ethnic group). OptiTope is available at http://www.epitoolkit.org/optitope...
- Binding pocket optimization by computational protein designChristoph Malisi
Max Planck Institute for Developmental Biology, Tubingen, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e52505. 2012....
- A mathematical framework for the selection of an optimal set of peptides for epitope-based vaccinesNora C Toussaint
Simulation of Biological Systems, Center for Bioinformatics, Eberhard Karls University Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
PLoS Comput Biol 4:e1000246. 2008..An implementation of the algorithm outperforms a simple greedy strategy as well as a previously suggested evolutionary algorithm and has runtimes on the order of seconds for typical problem sizes...