- Hibernoma-like brown fat in the bone marrow: report of a unique caseC Thorns
Institut für Pathologie und Konsultations und Referenzzentrum für Lymphknotendiagnostik und Hämatopathologie, Universitatsklinikum Schleswig Holstein, Campus Lubeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, 23538 Lubeck, Germany
Virchows Arch 452:343-5. 2008..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first report on brown adipose tissue in the bone marrow...
- Chromosomal aberrations in angioimmunoblastic T-cell lymphoma and peripheral T-cell lymphoma unspecified: A matrix-based CGH approachChristoph Thorns
Department of Pathology, German Consultation and Reference Center for Lymphomas, University Clinic Schleswig Holstein, Campus Luebeck, Luebeck, Germany
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 46:37-44. 2007..In conclusion, CGH revealed common genetic events in peripheral T-cell lymphomas as well as peculiar differences between AILT and PTCL-u...
- Significant high expression of CD23 in follicular lymphoma of the inguinal regionC Thorns
Institute of Pathology and German Reference and Consultation Centre for Haematopathy and Lymphoproliferative Diseases, University Clinic Schleswig Holstein, Campus Lubeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, D 23538 Lubeck, Germany
Histopathology 50:716-9. 2007..The aim was to investigate the morphology and immunophenotype of follicular lymphomas (FL) in order to clarify whether FL presenting in inguinal nodes differs from FL biopsies from other sites...
- MicroRNA signatures characterize diffuse large B-cell lymphomas and follicular lymphomasAnja Roehle
Institute for Pathology, University Clinic Schleswig Holstein, Campus Luebeck, Luebeck, Germany
Br J Haematol 142:732-44. 2008..Finally, eight miRNAs were found to correlate with event-free and overall survival in DLBCL including known tumour suppressors (MIRN21, MIRN127 and MIRN34a) and oncogenes (MIRN195 and MIRNLET7G)...
- cDNA arrays: gene expression profiles of Hodgkin's disease and anaplastic large cell lymphoma cell linesChristoph Thorns
Department of Pathology, German Consultation and Reference Center for Lymphomas, Medical University of Luebeck, Luebeck, Germany
Pathol Int 52:578-85. 2002..Because the expression profiling was performed on cell lines, further studies are needed to clarify the biological significance of the differentially expressed genes...
- BCL6-translocations affect the phenotype of follicular lymphomas only in the absence of t(14;18)IgH/BCL2Wiebke Gollub
Department of Pathology, University Clinic Schleswig Holstein, Campus Luebeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, D 23538 Luebeck, Germany
Anticancer Res 29:4649-55. 2009..This study aimed to determine the frequency of BCL2- and BCL6-translocations in FL and to identify morphological and immuno-histochemical features with respect to the presence of BCL2- and BCL6-translocations...
- Sarcoma of follicular dendritic cells with features of sinus lining cells--a new subtype of reticulum cell sarcoma?Manuela Krokowski
Department of Pathology, Reference Center for Lymph Node Pathology and Hematopathology, University Hospital of Schleswig Holstein, Campus Luebeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, 23538 Luebeck, Germany
Virchows Arch 452:565-70. 2008..Due to the assumed specificity of this antibody, we propose designation of this reticulum cell sarcoma as lymphatic sinus lining cell sarcoma which might finally represent another subtype of reticulum cell sarcomas...
- Loss of HLA-DR expression and immunoblastic morphology predict adverse outcome in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma - analyses of cases from two prospective randomized clinical trialsHeinz Wolfram Bernd
Institute of Pathology, Universitatsklinikum Schleswig Holstein, Campus Lubeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160 D 23538 Lübeck, Germany
Haematologica 94:1569-80. 2009....
- MicroRNA-150 Is up-regulated in extranodal marginal zone lymphoma of MALT typeNiklas Gebauer
Institut fur Pathologie, Universitat zu Lubeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, D 23538 Lubeck, Deutschland
Cancer Genomics Proteomics 11:51-6. 2014..This follow-up study aimed to validate candidate microRNAs (miRs) in the process of neoplastic transformation...
- Deregulation of a distinct set of microRNAs is associated with transformation of gastritis into MALT lymphomaChristoph Thorns
Institut für Pathologie und Referenzzentrum für Hämatopathologie und Lymphknotendiagnostik, Universitatsklinikum Schleswig Holstein, Campus Lubeck, Universitat zu Lubeck, Lubeck, Germany
Virchows Arch 460:371-7. 2012..This differential expression might therefore indicate a central role of these microRNAs in the process of malignant transformation...
- Unlocking pathology archives for microRNA-profilingKai P Hoefig
Institute for Pathology, UKSH Campus Luebeck, Luebeck, Germany
Anticancer Res 28:119-23. 2008..A variety of high-throughput screening methods has been developed to identify dysregulated miRNA species in tumours. For retrospective clinical studies formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue is the most widely used material...
- Application of novel tissue microarrays to investigate expression of tryptase, chymase and KIT protein in placental mast cellsFrank Noack
Department of Pathology, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Campus Lubeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, 23538 Lubeck, Germany
Arch Gynecol Obstet 272:223-8. 2005..Because little is known about the role of mast cells in the placenta, we investigated the number and expression of chymase, tryptase, and KIT protein in placental mast cells using newly developed tissue microarrays...
- Prognostic value of MCM2 immunoreactivity in stage T1 transitional cell carcinoma of the bladderStefan Kruger
Institute of Pathology, University of Lubeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, D 23538, Lubeck, Germany
Eur Urol 43:138-45. 2003..To our knowledge, there are no reports on studies investigating minichromosome maintenance protein 2 (MCM2) expression in bladder carcinomas. Thus, we investigated the prognostic value of MCM2 immunoreactivity in stage T1 bladder tumors...
- Basal cell carcinoma with neuroendocrine differentiation arising in a scar: A case reportManuela Krokowski
Department of Pathology, University Hospital of Schleswig Holstein, Campus Luebeck, Germany
Dermatol Online J 15:4. 2009..Neuroendocrine differentiation was proven by immunohistochemistry and electron microscopy. The simultaneous occurrence of BCC development in a scar and neuroendocrine differentiation is quite rare...
- Gene profiling in anaplastic large-cell lymphoma-derived cell lines with cDNA expression arraysTimo Gaiser
Department of Pathology, Medical University of Luebeck, 23538 Luebeck, Germany
J Hematother Stem Cell Res 11:423-8. 2002....
- Immunohistochemical prognostic markers in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: validation of tissue microarray as a prerequisite for broad clinical applications--a study from the Lunenburg Lymphoma Biomarker ConsortiumDaphne de Jong
Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 25:805-12. 2007....
- Preservation of follicle mantle in follicular lymphomaChristoph Thorns
Leuk Lymphoma 49:166-7. 2008