R H Strasser
Affiliation: Technical University
- A comparison of the tolerability of the direct renin inhibitor aliskiren and lisinopril in patients with severe hypertensionR H Strasser
Technical University Dresden, Heart Center, University Hospital, Dresden, Germany
J Hum Hypertens 21:780-7. 2007..6%; LIS 44.8%). In conclusion, ALI alone, or in combination with HCTZ, exhibits similar tolerability and antihypertensive efficacy to LIS alone, or in combination with HCTZ, in patients with severe hypertension...
- [Status of homocysteine reduction in prevention of cardiovascular diseases. HOPE-2 study (Heart Outcomes Prevention Evaluation)]R H Strasser
Herzzentrum Dresden Universitätsklinik, Technische Universitat Dresden, Dresden, Deutschland
Internist (Berl) 48:327-9. 2007
- [Acute aortic valve endocarditis suspicious of paravalvular abscess, consecutive atrioventricular block III degrees and suspicious of septic embolism]M Nitschke
Technische Universitat Dresden, Herzzentrum Dresden, Universitatsklinik, Medizinische Klinik Kardiologie, 01307 Dresden
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 130:2205-6. 2005
- Microwave ablation of an ischemic sustained ventricular tachycardia during aortocoronary bypass, mitral valve and tricuspid valve surgery guided by a three-dimensional non-fluoroscopic mapping system (CARTO)M U Braun
Medical Clinic II, Department of Internal Medicine and Cardiology, University of Technology Dresden, Fetscherstr 76, Dresden 01307, Germany
J Interv Card Electrophysiol 13:243-7. 2005..This case report highlights the use of CARTO mapping to identify postinfarct VTs as well as the application of microwave energy as a useful tool to cure postinfarct ventricular arrhythmias...
- Myocardial infarction as complication of left atrial myxomaS Braun
Department of Cardiology, Medical Clinic II, Technical University of Dresden, Germany
Int J Cardiol 101:115-21. 2005..Therefore it is reasonable to perform transoesophageal echocardiography to check out embolic sources like myxoma, when pathogenesis of myocardial infarction remains unclear after coronary angiography...
- Long term biventricular resynchronisation therapy in advanced heart failure: effect on neurohormonesM U Braun
Medical Clinic II, Department of Cardiology, University of Technology Dresden, Fetscherstrasse 76, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Heart 91:601-5. 2005....
- Transcatheter closure of patent foramen ovale (PFO) in patients with paradoxical embolism. Periprocedural safety and mid-term follow-up results of three different device occluder systemsM Braun
Internal Medicine II, Department of Cardiology, Technical University of Dresden, Fetscherstr 76, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Eur Heart J 25:424-30. 2004..The aim of the present study was to evaluate three different occluder systems in respect to (a) the safety and practicability and (b) the mid-term risk of recurrent thromboembolic events...
- Metastases to the heartK Reynen
Department of Internal Medicine II, University of Dresden, Heart Center Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Ann Oncol 15:375-81. 2004
- [Thyroid hormone and the cardiovascular system]C Weinbrenner
Technische Universitat Dresden, Herzzentrum Dresden, Universitatsklinik, Medizinische Klinik Kardiologie
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 130:2215-9. 2005..In the United States an expert group has published a scientific review and guideline for the diagnosis and management of subclinical thyroid disease in 2004, which will also be outlined...
- Evaluation of pulmonary vascular response to inhaled iloprost in heart transplant candidates with pulmonary venous hypertensionS Braun
Technical University Dresden, Department of Medicine Cardiology, Germany
Int J Cardiol 115:67-72. 2007..The objective of this case series is to report our institutional experience with inhaled iloprost compared to the common used oxygen/nitroglycerin method for reversibility testing...
- Increased P2X7R expression in atrial cardiomyocytes of caveolin-1 deficient miceK Barth
Department of Anatomy, University of Technology Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Histochem Cell Biol 134:31-8. 2010....
- Transcatheter closure of atrial septal defects improves right ventricular volume, mass, function, pulmonary pressure, and functional class: a magnetic resonance imaging studyS P Schoen
Department of Cardiology, University of Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Heart 92:821-6. 2006....
- NT-proBNP correlates with right heart haemodynamic parameters and volumes in patients with atrial septal defectsS P Schoen
Department of Cardiology, University of Dresden, Heart Center, Dresden, Germany
Eur J Heart Fail 9:660-6. 2007..To investigate the role of N-terminal pro-BNP (NT-proBNP) for the estimation of right heart failure and pulmonary pressure in patients with atrial septal defects (ASD) before and after percutaneous defect closure...
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillator lead implantation in patients with a persistent left superior vena cava--feasibility, chances, and limitations: representative cases in adultsM Guenther
Department of Internal Medicine and Cardiology, University of Dresden, Heart Center, University Hospital, Fetscherstraße 76, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Europace 15:273-7. 2013..Device implantation may be challenging in patients with venous abnormalities. The most common congenital variation--frequently associated with other congenital abnormalities--is described as persistent left superior vena cava (PLSVC)...
- Reversible clopidogrel resistance due to right ventricular myocardial infarction: risk factor of recurrent stent thrombosis?K Ibrahim
Heart Center Dresden, University of Technology Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Clin Res Cardiol 97:797-800. 2008..In conclusion this implies that the reversible "clopidogrel-resistance" might have been due to congestion and reduced metabolism due to right ventricular infarction...
- [19-year-old asthma patient with pronounced eosinophilia and acute coronary syndrome]A Tränkner
Medizinische Klinik Kardiologie, Herzzentrum Dresden Universitätsklinik, Technische Universitat Dresden, Fetscherstrasse 76, Dresden, Germany
Internist (Berl) 52:1479-83. 2011..High dose prednisolone induced a clear improvement in symptoms, with decrease of the inflammatory signs and the eosinophilia and a clear improvement of the left ventricular function...
- Monocytes coexpress endothelial and macrophagocytic lineage markers and form cord-like structures in Matrigel under angiogenic conditionsA Schmeisser
Department of Cardiology, Technical University of Dresden, Heart Center Dresden, Fetscherstr 76, D 01307, Dresden, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 49:671-80. 2001..To determine the origin of the latter cell population we tested the hypothesis: do monocytes as a firmly adherent and plastic cell type have the potential to differentiate into an endothelial phenotype...
- [Thrombembolism in a young woman with previously unrecognized hereditary hemophilia: obtaining a family history is still strongly recommended before starting oral contraceptives]G Simonis
Medizinische Klinik Kardiologie und Intensivmedizin, Technische Universitat Dresden, Herzzentrum Dresden Universitätsklinik, Dresden, Deutschland
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 132:2327-9. 2007..Her previous medical history was unremarkable except that oral contraceptives had been newly prescribed a month before admission. There was a family history of thrombosis or bleeding in several first-degree relatives...
- Metastatic infiltration of the myocardium presenting with angina pectorisS P Schoen
Department of Cardiology, Heart Center, University of Dresden, Germany
Clin Cardiol 29:323. 2006
- Images in cardiovascular medicine. Restrictive cardiomyopathy in familial amyloidosis TTR-Arg-50R Singer
Medical Clinic, Speyererhof, Germany
Circulation 107:643-4. 2003
- [Occlusion by catheter intervention in patent foramen ovale via additional transseptal puncture]M U Braun
Innere Medizin III Kardiologie, Angiologie und Pulmologie Medizinische Universitätsklinik Heidelberg, Bergheimer Str 58 69115 Heidelberg, Germany
Z Kardiol 91:659-62. 2002..No periinterventional complications were observed. During the follow-up period of 9 months the patient was completely asymptomatic with no functional impairment of the mitral valve and no residual intracardiac shunt...
- Neovascularization in left atrial myxomaK Reynen
Department of Internal Medicine II, University of Technology Dresden, Heart Center Dresden, Fetscherstrasse 76, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Z Kardiol 93:69-71. 2004..We report on a 78-year-old female patient with a left atrial myxoma showing marked tumor vascularity. This observation had consequences to the therapeutic management: during tumor excision, the large supplying artery had to be ligated...
- [Policy paper to the cardiac re-sychronization therapy]C Stellbrink
Medizinische Klinik I der RWTH Aachen, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52057 Aachen, Germany
Z Kardiol 92:96-103. 2003
- Evaluation of CoaguChek Pro ACT in cardiac catheterization laboratoryM Müller-Bardorff
Department of Medicine II, University of Lubeck, 23562, Lubeck, Germany
Clin Chim Acta 307:135-8. 2001..There was no influence of the hematocrit and the platelets. The imprecision of the method was very good (CV<6%). This demonstrates that the CoaguChek Pro ACT assay is especially useful for monitoring heparin in cathlabs...
- Incidence of aortic valve regurgitation and outcome after percutaneous closure of atrial septal defects and patent foramen ovaleS P Schoen
Department of Cardiology, Heart Centre, University of Dresden, Fetscherstr 76, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Heart 94:844-7. 2008..In recent years percutaneous, transcatheter closure of atrial septal defects (ASD) or patent foramen ovale (PFO) was introduced into clinical practice...
- Ventricular oversensing in 518 patients with implanted cardiac defibrillators: incidence, complications, and solutionsT Rauwolf
Medical Clinic II, Department of Internal Medicine and Cardiology, University of Technology Dresden, Fetscherstr 76, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Europace 9:1041-7. 2007..Our data demonstrate that VO is a rare complication, but might lead to life-threatening events. In most cases, VO episodes could be prevented by appropriate ICD reprogramming or avoidance of the initiating trigger...
- [The value of hormone replacement therapy for prevention of coronary heart disease in women]C Gohlke-Bärwolf
Herz Zentrum Bad Krozingen Südring 15 79189 Bad Krozingen, Germany
Z Kardiol 91:430-5. 2002
- [A statement about guidelines on pacemaker therapy]B Lemke
Abteilung für Kardiologische und Angiologie, BG Kliniken Bergmannsheil, Klinikum der Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Germany
Z Kardiol 92:200-6. 2003
- [Bacterial pericarditis]S P Schoen
Technische Universitat Dresden, Herzzentrum Dresden, Universitatsklinik, Medizinische Klinik Kardiologie
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 130:2198-202. 2005..7 degrees C. Auscultation of the heart revealed distant heart sounds, murmurs were not present, but mild rales were heard over both lung bases. Jugular veins were congested...