Affiliation: Technical University
- Within and between session changes in subjective and neuroendocrine stress parameters during magnetic resonance imaging: A controlled scanner training studyUlrike Lueken
Department of Psychology, Institute of Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, Technische Universitat Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Psychoneuroendocrinology 37:1299-308. 2012..If replicated, present findings should be considered by researchers employing repeated measurement designs where subjects are exposed to a scanner more than once...
- Altered tonic and phasic cortisol secretion following unilateral strokeUlrike Lueken
Institute of Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, Technische Universitat Dresden, Chemnitzer Strasse 46, D 01187 Dresden, Germany
Psychoneuroendocrinology 34:402-12. 2009..Left- and right-sided strokes may differentially affect response patterns of the HPA axis, a stress-regulatory system that is associated with effective protection against disease and external challenges...
- Impaired performance on the Wisconsin Card Sorting Test under left- when compared to right-sided deep brain stimulation of the subthalamic nucleus in patients with Parkinson's diseaseUlrike Lueken
Institute of Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, Technische Universitat Dresden, Chemnitzer Strasse 46, Dresden, Germany
J Neurol 255:1940-8. 2008..Potential consequences for future research questions and the management of cognitive side effects are discussed...
- Symptom provocation in dental anxiety using cross-phobic video stimulationUlrike Lueken
Institute of Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, Technische Universitat Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Eur J Oral Sci 119:61-8. 2011..The validation of the paradigm may support and stimulate future research on the characterization of dental anxiety on different response systems, including its underlying neural substrates...
- (Don't) panic in the scanner! How panic patients with agoraphobia experience a functional magnetic resonance imaging sessionUlrike Lueken
Institute of Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, Department of Psychology, Technische Universitat Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 21:516-25. 2011..Future studies are needed to investigate the relationship between self-reported distress and fMRI data in patient groups that are subject to neuroimaging research...
- How specific is specific phobia? Different neural response patterns in two subtypes of specific phobiaUlrike Lueken
Institute of Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, Technische Universitaet Dresden, 01187 Dresden, Germany
Neuroimage 56:363-72. 2011..If replicated, results could contribute to a better understanding of underlying neurobiological mechanisms of specific phobia and their respective classification...
- The scanner as a stressor: evidence from subjective and neuroendocrine stress parameters in the time course of a functional magnetic resonance imaging sessionMarkus Muehlhan
Chair of Biopsychology, Department of Psychology, Technische Universitat Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Int J Psychophysiol 79:118-26. 2011..No significant correlation between cortisol and thalamic activity was observed. Results indicate that an fMRI experiment may elicit subjective and neuroendocrine stress reactions that can influence functional activation patterns...
- Avoidance, safety behavior, and reassurance seeking in generalized anxiety disorderKatja Beesdo-Baum
Institute of Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, Technische Universitaet Dresden, Germany
Depress Anxiety 29:948-57. 2012..This study examines behavioral symptoms in patients with GAD compared to healthy participants, their change during behavioral therapy, and their role for predicting short- and long-term outcome...