Affiliation: Technical University of Braunschweig
- Principles and results of family therapy in schizophreniaK Hahlweg
TU Braunschweig, Institute of Psychology, Braunschweig
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 249:108-15. 1999....
- Short- and long-term effectiveness of an empirically supported treatment for agoraphobiaK Hahlweg
Christoph Dornier Stiftung fuer Klinische Psychologie, Institut Braunschweig, Germany
J Consult Clin Psychol 69:375-82. 2001..Effectiveness was not dependent on duration of disorder, number of treatment sessions, and therapist experience. The study suggests that high-density exposure can be transported from research settings to the mental health field...
- Long-term outcome of a randomized controlled universal prevention trial through a positive parenting program: is it worth the effort?Kurt Hahlweg
Technical University Braunschweig, Department of Clinical Psychology, Psychotherapy, and Assessment, Humboldtstr, 33, 38106, Germany
Child Adolesc Psychiatry Ment Health 4:14. 2010..The aim of the current investigation is to evaluate the two-year efficacy of the group Triple P parenting program administered universally for the prevention of child behavior problems...
- Prevention of marital instability and distress. Results of an 11-year longitudinal follow-up studyKurt Hahlweg
TU Braunschweig, Institut of Psychology, Department of Clinical Psychology, 38106 Braunschweig, Germany
Behav Res Ther 48:377-83. 2010..Only about 55% of the partners could remember at least one speaker skill whereas 70% remembered at least one listening skill taught during EPL. Consequences for prevention programs in the couple domain are discussed...
- Therapist-assisted, self-administered bibliotherapy to enhance parental competence: short- and long-term effectsKurt Hahlweg
Technical University of Braunschweig, Germany
Behav Modif 32:659-81. 2008..Fathers reported only marginal changes. The study adds further empirical support of parenting self-help materials...
- [Promotion of parental competence with triple P]Sebastian Naumann
Institut fur Psychologie, TU Braunschweig
Prax Kinderpsychol Kinderpsychiatr 56:676-90. 2007..Fathers showed no such change, but did often also not participate in the training. The study illustrates that parental competence can be promoted through Triple P...
- [How well do parents and teachers' reports agree on behaviour problems in pre-school-aged children?]Annett Kuschel
Institut fur Psychologie, Technische Universitat Braunschweig, Germany
Z Kinder Jugendpsychiatr Psychother 35:51-8. 2007..The purpose of the present study is to examine the extent of parental and teacher agreement on behaviour problems in preschool-aged children...
- [The prevalence of ADHD and attention problems in preschool-aged children. A comparison of two diagnostic instruments]Annett Kuschel
Abteilung für Klinische Psychologie, Psychotherapie und Diagnostik, Institut für Psychologie der Technischen Universität Braunschweig
Z Kinder Jugendpsychiatr Psychother 34:275-84; quiz 285-6. 2006..In order to analyse the prevalence of ADHD and attention problems in preschool-aged children, mothers were asked to rate their children using two measuring instruments...
- [Early prevention of externalizing disorders--basic principles and parent-centered approaches to prevention of expansive childhood behavior disorders]Yvonne Miller
Prax Kinderpsychol Kinderpsychiatr 51:441-53. 2002..Finally, four behaviorally oriented examples from the numerous existing universal, selected and indicated prevention programs are illustrated and discussed...
- [Primary prevention of mental disorders in children and adolescents: a worthwhile approach?]N Heinrichs
Institut fur Psychologie, TU Braunschweig, Spielmannstrasse 12a, 38106 Braunschweig, Deutschland
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 132:2208-11. 2007
- Parent recruitment and retention in a universal prevention program for child behavior and emotional problems: barriers to research and program participationNina Heinrichs
Department of Clinical Psychology, Psychotherapy and Assessment, Technical University of Braunschweig, Spielmannstr 12a, 38106 Braunschweig, Germany
Prev Sci 6:275-86. 2005..Different recruitment methods may be required to engage high-risk families from socioeconomically disadvantaged areas to further improve community-level impact on child mental health...
- Stress reduction at the work-family interface: positive parenting and self-efficacy as mechanisms of change in Workplace Triple PDoreen Hartung
Technische Universitat Braunschweig, Braunschweig, Germany
Behav Modif 35:54-77. 2011..The discussion focuses on the importance of understanding mechanisms of change to effectively implement interventions at the work-family interface...
- [17 tips on parenting--which strategies do parents apply?]Annett Kuschel
Institut für Rehabilitationswissenschaften, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin
Prax Kinderpsychol Kinderpsychiatr 56:691-706. 2007..More than 90% of the parents, above all, the positive education strategies also practised with the 1-year follow-up. In addition, there was a significant decrease by the use of the "time out"-strategy...
- Long-term prediction of marital quality following a relationship education program: being positive in a constructive wayDonald H Baucom
Psychology Department, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 3270, USA
J Fam Psychol 20:448-55. 2006..Implications are provided for adapting these relationship education programs in the future...
- Marital interaction in depression: a comparison of structural analysis of social behavior and the Kategoriensystem für Partnerschaftliche InteraktionMatthias Backenstrass
Psychiatric Hospital, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Psychopathology 40:303-11. 2007..To evaluate the validity of extrapolating research findings from one system to another, especially in the field of depressive disorders, the two coding systems were compared in an empirical analysis...
- Effectiveness of an empirically supported treatment for social phobia in the fieldTania Marie Lincoln
Christoph Dornier Foundation for Clinical Psychology, Institute Marburg, Universitätstrasse 27, D 35037 Marburg, Germany
Behav Res Ther 41:1251-69. 2003..We conclude that individual cognitive behavioural therapy for social phobia can be transported from research settings to the field of mental health...
- Predicting marital distress and dissolution: refining the two-factor hypothesisRonald D Rogge
Department of Clinical and Social Psychology, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14627, USA
J Fam Psychol 20:156-9. 2006..g., aggression) and their enduring vulnerabilities (e.g., neuroticism)...
- The Family Questionnaire: development and validation of a new self-report scale for assessing expressed emotionGeorg Wiedemann
University of Tubingen, Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Osianderstr 24, D 72076, Tubingen, Germany
Psychiatry Res 109:265-79. 2002..The overall correct classification rate of 74% remained unchanged. The FQ had better agreement with the CFI on emotional overinvolvement than did other short EE questionnaires...