Affiliation: Technical University
- Stroke risk screening of adults with hypertension: prospective cross-sectional study in primary careKurt Bestehorn
Institute for Clinical Pharmacology, Medical Faculty Carl Gustav Carus, Technical University of Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Clin Drug Investig 28:281-9. 2008..We therefore aimed to assess the risk factor profile of hypertensive patients in primary care in various age groups, and to calculate their corresponding risk of stroke...
- Characteristics, management and attainment of lipid target levels in diabetic and cardiac patients enrolled in Disease Management Program versus those in routine care: LUTZ registryKurt Bestehorn
Medical Department, MSD Sharp and Dohme GmbH, Haar, Germany
BMC Public Health 9:280. 2009..Little is known about the characteristics, treatment and target attainment lipid levels of these patients enrolled in DMPs compared to patients in routine care (non-DMP)...
- Lipid management in 13,000 high risk cardiovascular patients treated under daily practice conditions: LIMA RegistryJuergen R Schaefer
UKGM Klinikum Marburg, Philipps Universitat Marburg, Marburg Lahn, Germany
Vasc Health Risk Manag 9:71-80. 2013..We aimed to document the drug management of patients at high cardiovascular risk in daily practice, with the special focus on lipid-lowering treatment...
- Contemporary trends in cardiac rehabilitation in Germany: patient characteristics, drug treatment, and risk-factor management from 2000 to 2005Kurt Bestehorn
Medical Department, MSD Sharp and Dohme GmbH, Haar, Germany
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 15:312-8. 2008..We aimed to describe temporal trends and centre variances of patient characteristics, drug prescriptions, and risk-factor management of in-patients in inpatient CR in Germany...
- Dual cholesterol inhibition with ezetimibe/simvastatin in pre-treated hypercholesterolaemic patients with coronary heart disease or diabetes mellitus: prospective observational cohort studies in clinical practiceSteven K Hildemann
Essex pharma, Medical Department, Munich, Germany
Curr Med Res Opin 23:713-9. 2007..6 mmol/L) low density cholesterol (LDL-C) cholesterol threshold in the primary care setting...
- Current state of cardiac rehabilitation in Germany: patient characteristics, risk factor management and control status, by education levelKurt Bestehorn
Institute for Clinical Pharmacology, Technical University, Dresden, Germany
Vasc Health Risk Manag 7:639-47. 2011....
- [Registries for clinical trials -- a critical stock-taking]Kurt Bestehorn
Institut fur Klinische Pharmakologie, Medizinische Fakultät Carl Gustav Carus, Technische Universitat, Dresden
Med Klin (Munich) 101:120-6. 2006..A national clinical trials registry could be installed at best only complementary and would have to get its data directly from the international registry without additional burden by research facilities...
- [Medical registries]Kurt Bestehorn
Institut fur Klinische Pharmakologie, Forschungsverbund Public Health Sachsen und Sachsen Anhalt, Medizinische Fakultät Carl Gustav Carus, Technische Universitat Dresden, Dresden
Med Klin (Munich) 100:722-8. 2005..This is the purpose of health care research. In this overview, the role of registries in regard to health care research is described...
- Atherogenic dyslipidemia as evidenced by the lipid triad: prevalence and associated risk in statin-treated patients in ambulatory careKurt Bestehorn
Institute for Clinical Pharmacology, Public Health Association Saxony, Technical University Dresden, Germany
Curr Med Res Opin 26:2833-9. 2010....
- Drug utilization of ezetimibe in rehabilitation centres: registry analysis of factors influencing prescription and effectiveness of treatmentKurt Bestehorn
MSD Sharp and Dohme, Haar, Germany
Curr Med Res Opin 22:631-9. 2006..The aims of the present study were to analyse factors that influence the prescribing decisions of physicians, and to investigate success rates of lipid lowering therapy with ezetimibe after adjustment for covariates...
- Management of high-risk patients with hypertension and left ventricular hypertrophy in Germany: differences between cardiac specialists in the inpatient and outpatient settingHeinz Völler
Klinik am See, Seestrasse 84, D 15562 Rüdersdorf bei Berlin, Germany
BMC Public Health 6:256. 2006..We aimed to investigate differences in characteristics and health care management of such patients treated as inpatients or outpatients by cardiac specialists...
- [Return to work after cardiologic rehabilitation]Jacqueline Müller-Nordhorn
Institut für Sozialmedizin, Epidemiologie und Gesundheitsökonomie, Universitatsklinikum Charite, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin
Soz Praventivmed 48:370-8. 2003..The objectives of the present study were to determine prospectively return to work and its predictors in patients after cardiac rehabilitation...
- Actual clinical practice of exercise testing in consecutive patients after non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction: results of the acute coronary syndromes registryHarm Wienbergen
Heart Center Ludwigshafen, Medizinische Klinik B, Ludwigshafen, Germany
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 13:457-63. 2006..Frequency and therapeutic impact of exercise testing after non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction (NSTEMI) in actual clinical practice, however, is not known...
- [Fixed-combination of losartan/hydrochlorothiazide 100 mg/25 mg. Tolerability and efficacy on blood pressure measured in the practice and for 24 hours]Andreas Forster
MSD Sharp and Dohme GmbH, München Haar
MMW Fortschr Med 149:111-8. 2007..Special consideration was given to the results of ambulatory 24-hourblood pressure (ABP) measurements...
- Gap between guidelines and practice: attainment of treatment targets in patients with primary hypercholesterolemia starting statin therapy. Results of the 4E-Registry (Efficacy Calculation and Measurement of Cardiovascular and Cerebrovascular Events IncluGerd Assmann
Leibniz Institute of Arteriosclerosis Research at the University of Muenster, Muenster, Germany
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 13:776-83. 2006..The aim of this study was to determine the achievement of National Cholesterol Education Program Adult Treatment Panel III goals in patients with primary hypercholesterolemia starting statin therapy in clinical practice...
- [Drug therapy in postmenopausal osteoporosis. An analysis of healty service delivery]Kurt Bestehorn
Medizinische Forschung MSD Sharp and Dohme GmbH, Haar
Z Arztl Fortbild Qualitatssich 96:699-704. 2002....