Affiliation: Technical University
- Management and outcome of hemorrhage due to arterial pseudoaneurysms in pancreatitisHendrik Bergert
Department of Visceral, Thoracic, and Vascular Surgery, Technical University of Dresden, Germany
Surgery 137:323-8. 2005..The optimal treatment modality is controversial. Operative treatment and interventional treatment, either alone or as a temporizing method with a later operation, are options...
- Effect of oxygenated perfluorocarbons on isolated rat pancreatic islets in cultureHendrik Bergert
Department of Experimental Diabetology, School of Medicine, University of Technology Dresden, Germany
Cell Transplant 14:441-8. 2005..While advantageous for the transport of human harvested organs, the use of PFH in the culture may be comparable to and/or not provide advantage over conventional protocols for culture of islets for transplantation...
- Compression of the left renal artery and celiac trunk by diaphragmatic cruraGabor Gaebel
Department of Visceral, Thoracic, and Vascular Surgery, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus Dresden, Dresden, Germany
J Vasc Surg 50:910-4. 2009..Additionally performed diagnostic procedures including computed tomography (CT)-angiography verified our suspicion. Surgical decompression of both vessels was successfully performed...
- Polypyrimidine tract-binding protein promotes insulin secretory granule biogenesisKlaus Peter Knoch
Experimental Diabetology, Carl Gustav Carus Medical School, University of Technology Dresden, Dresden 01307, Germany
Nat Cell Biol 6:207-14. 2004..These findings may provide insight for the understanding and treatment of diabetes, in which insulin secretion is typically impaired...
- cAMP-dependent phosphorylation of PTB1 promotes the expression of insulin secretory granule proteins in beta cellsKlaus Peter Knoch
Laboratory of Experimental Diabetology, Medical School, Dresden University of Technology, Fetscherstrasse 74, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Cell Metab 3:123-34. 2006..Taken together, these findings identify PTB1 as a common downstream target of glucose and GLP-1 for the posttranscriptional upregulation of granule biogenesis...
- ICA512 signaling enhances pancreatic beta-cell proliferation by regulating cyclins D through STATsHassan Mziaut
Department of Experimental Diabetology, Center for Regenerative Therapies Dresden, School of Medicine, Dresden University of Technology, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:674-9. 2008..These results identify ICA512 as a regulator of cyclins D and beta-cell proliferation through STATs and may have implication for diabetes therapy...