Genomes and Genes
- [The polycystic ovary syndrome--metabolic consequences]Susanne Tan
Klinik fur Endokrinologie, Zentrum fur Innere Medizin, Universitatsklinikum Essen, Essen, Deutschland
Gynakol Geburtshilfliche Rundsch 48:16-23. 2008
- Metformin improves polycystic ovary syndrome symptoms irrespective of pre-treatment insulin resistanceSusanne Tan
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, University Hospital of Essen Medical School, Hufelandstr 55, 45122 Essen, Germany
Eur J Endocrinol 157:669-76. 2007..The aim of this study was to determine the influence of metformin on the clinical and biochemical parameters of PCOS irrespective of the presence of basal obesity and IR...
- Metformin treatment of polycystic ovary syndrome improves health-related quality-of-life, emotional distress and sexualitySusanne Hahn
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, Institute of Medical Psychology, University of Duisburg Essen, Germany
Hum Reprod 21:1925-34. 2006..In a prospective, observational study, we analysed the effects of metformin treatment on health-related quality-of-life (HRQL), emotional well-being and sexuality in PCOS. No placebo-treated control group was included...
- Decreased soluble leptin receptor levels in women with polycystic ovary syndromeSusanne Hahn
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, University of Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
Eur J Endocrinol 154:287-94. 2006..The soluble leptin receptor (sOB-R) is the most important leptin-binding protein, thus influencing the biologically active free leptin level...
- Clinical and psychological correlates of quality-of-life in polycystic ovary syndromeSusanne Hahn
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, University of Duisburg Essen, Germany, Hufelandstr 55, 45 122 Essen, Germany
Eur J Endocrinol 153:853-60. 2005..Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) has been shown to cause a reduction in quality of life. This study examines the extent of different PCOS symptoms on quality-of-life, psychosocial well-being and sexual satisfaction...
- Maladaptive coping with illness in women with polycystic ovary syndromeSven Benson
Institute of Medical Psychology and Behavioral Immunobiology, University Hospital Essen, Essen, Germany
J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 39:37-45. 2010..To assess the relative contribution of these coping strategies to reduced quality of life in an attempt to clarify the possible relevance of coping for impaired psychosocial well-being in PCOS...
- Apoptotic markers indicate nonalcoholic steatohepatitis in polycystic ovary syndromeSusanne Tan
Department of Endocrinology and Division of Laboratory Research, University of Duisburg Essen, 45122 Essen, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:343-8. 2010..This study was conducted to evaluate the prevalence of NASH in PCOS patients by caspase-cleaved CK18 measurement...
- Large effects on body mass index and insulin resistance of fat mass and obesity associated gene (FTO) variants in patients with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)Susanne Tan
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University of Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
BMC Med Genet 11:12. 2010..We examined the influence of validated genetic variants conferring susceptibility to obesity and/or type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) on metabolic and PCOS-specific traits in patients with PCOS...
- A functional GNAQ promoter haplotype is associated with altered Gq expression and with insulin resistance and obesity in women with polycystic ovary syndromeStefanie Klenke
Institut für Pharmakogenetik, Universität Duisburg Essen and Universitätsklinikum Essen, Essen, Germany
Pharmacogenet Genomics 20:476-84. 2010....
- The peroxisome proliferator activated receptor gamma Pro12Ala polymorphism is associated with a lower hirsutism score and increased insulin sensitivity in women with polycystic ovary syndromeSusanne Hahn
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital of Essen, Essen, Germany
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 62:573-9. 2005..Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is characterized by hyperandrogenism and chronic anovulation. The genetic background of the insulin resistance frequently associated with PCOS is unclear...