J P Ley
Affiliation: Symrise GmbH and Co. KG
- Synthesis of lipophilic clovamide derivatives and their antioxidative potential against lipid peroxidationJakob P Ley
Symrise, Research and Development, P O Box 1253, 37601 Holzminden, Germany
J Agric Food Chem 51:4596-602. 2003..N-Caffeoyl L-tyrosine methyl ester and the N-cinnamoyl L-DOPA alkyl esters especially were potent antioxidants in bulk lipids and moderate protectants in emulsions...
- Evaluation of bitter masking flavanones from Herba Santa (Eriodictyon californicum (H. and A.) Torr., Hydrophyllaceae)Jakob P Ley
Research and Development, Symrise GmbH and Company, KG, P O Box 1253, 37601 Holzminden, Germany
J Agric Food Chem 53:6061-6. 2005..Due to these facts, homoeriodictyol sodium salt (1-Na) seems to be a very interesting new taste modifier for food applications and pharmaceuticals...
- Identification of enterodiol as a masker for caffeine bitterness by using a pharmacophore model based on structural analogues of homoeriodictyolJakob P Ley
Symrise AG, Flavor and Nutrition, Research and Technology, P O Box 1253, D 37601 Holzminden, Germany
J Agric Food Chem 60:6303-11. 2012..Enterodiol (25 mg L(-1)) reduced the bitterness of the 500 mg L(-1) caffeine solution by about 30%, whereas enterolactone showed no masking but a slight bitter-enhancing effect...
- Isolation and synthesis of acmellonate, a new unsaturated long chain 2-ketol ester from Spilanthes acmellaJ P Ley
Symrise GmbH and Co KG, Research and Development, PO Box 1253, 37603 Holzminden, Germany
Nat Prod Res 20:798-804. 2006..Acmellonate shows a weak tingling and numbing effect on the tongue and contributes only to a small extend to the overall flavour of Jambu...
- New bitter-masking compounds: hydroxylated benzoic acid amides of aromatic amines as structural analogues of homoeriodictyolJakob P Ley
Symrise GmbH and Co KG, Flavor and Nutrititon Research and Innovation, 37601 Holzminden, Germany
J Agric Food Chem 54:8574-9. 2006..In the future, the new amides may be alternatives for the expensive flavanones to create flavor solutions to mask bitterness of pharmaceuticals or foodstuffs...
- Structural analogues of homoeriodictyol as flavor modifiers. Part III: short chain gingerdione derivativesJakob P Ley
Symrise GmbH and Co KG, Flavor and Nutrition Research and Innovation, P O Box 1253, 37601 Holzminden, Germany
J Agric Food Chem 56:6656-64. 2008..The isomer 1-(3-hydroxy-4-methoxyphenyl)hexa-3,5-dione (-isogingerdione) at 100 mg kg (-1) caused a significant and synergistic increase of 27% of sweet taste of a 5% sucrose solution...
- Hydroxy- or methoxy-substituted benzaldoximes and benzaldehyde-O-alkyloximes as tyrosinase inhibitorsJ P Ley
Haarmann and Reimer GmbH, Flavor Division, Research and Development Flavors, PO Box 1253, D 37601 Holzminden, Germany
Bioorg Med Chem 9:1879-85. 2001..The IC(50) of 3,4-dihydroxybenzaldehyde-O-ethyloxime (0.3 +/- 0.1 micromol L(-1)) is of the same magnitude as tropolone (0.13 +/- 0.08 micromol L(-1)), one of the best tyrosinase inhibitors known so far...
- High-impact sulfur compounds: constitutional and configurational assignment of sulfur-containing heterocyclesChristoph Krafft
Institute for Analytical Chemistry, Dresden University of Technology, D 01062 Dresden
Chem Biodivers 5:1204-12. 2008..Dialkyl-tetrathianes and dialkyl-pentathiepanes are interesting components to be used in flavor applications due to their unique olfactory impact and facets...