- [Coercive measures in psychiatric clinics in Germany: current practice (2012)]T Steinert
Zentrum für Psychiatrie Südwürttemberg, Klinik für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie I der Universität Ulm, Weingartshoferstr 2, 88214, Ravensburg Weissenau, Deutschland
Nervenarzt 85:621-9. 2014..We conducted an online survey on the current practice of coercive measures in German psychiatric hospitals (2012)...
- A bio-psycho-social model of violence related to mental health problemsTilman Steinert
Zentren für Psychiatrie Südwürttemberg, Germany
Int J Law Psychiatry 36:168-75. 2013..Psychiatry is characterised by bio-psycho-social approaches and therapies. Thus there should be an interest in comprehensive theoretical models for didactic purposes...
- [After 200 years of psychiatry: are mechanical restraints in Germany still inevitable?]Tilman Steinert
Zentrum für Psychiatrie Südwürttemberg, Abteilung Psychiatrie I der Universität Ulm, Ravensburg
Psychiatr Prax 38:348-51. 2011..However, an enduring and significant decrease in the frequency and duration of such coercive measures so far has not been achieved by means of quality management. A new set of approaches is therefore required...
- [Epileptic seizures during treatment with antidepressants and neuroleptics]T Steinert
Zentrum für Psychiatrie Südwürttemberg, Klinik für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie I der Universität Ulm, Germany
Fortschr Neurol Psychiatr 79:138-43. 2011..Therefore, in clinical practice, taking into account ictogenic properties of substances is required only in patients with a history of seizures...
- [Preventive medical checkups and consultations in people with schizophrenia and a comparison group of similar social status]Tilman Steinert
Zentrum für Psychiatrie Südwürttemberg, Abteilung Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie I der Universität Ulm, Ravensburg
Psychiatr Prax 38:87-90. 2011..To examine whether the utilisation of preventive medical checkups and contacts to doctors differs between people with schizophrenia and a comparison group of comparable social status in Germany...
- [PGI-I (patient's global impression) as an outcome and quality indicator of psychiatric in-patient treatment: results and concordance with doctor's assessments]Tilman Steinert
Zentrum für Psychiatrie Südwürttemberg, Versorgungsforschung Weissenau, Ravensburg
Psychiatr Prax 37:343-9. 2010..To examine the Patient Global Impression Scale of Improvement (PGI) as a quality indicator in routine psychiatric in-patient treatment and to determine its concordance with doctors' assessments...
- Long-term effects of involuntary hospitalization on medication adherence, treatment engagement and perception of coercionSusanne Jaeger
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy I, Ulm University, Zentrum für Psychiatrie Südwürttemberg, Versorgungsforschung, Weingartshofer Straße 2, 88214, Ravensburg, Germany
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 48:1787-96. 2013..The purpose of the study was to examine the long-term influence of involuntary hospitalization on medication adherence, engagement in out-patient treatment and perceived coercion to treatment participation...
- [Subjective patient experience of psychiatric admissions]Raoul Borbé
Zentrum für Psychiatrie Südwürttemberg, Abteilung Psychiatrie I der Universität Ulm, Psychiatrische Versorgungsforschung, Weingartshoferstrasse 2, 88214 Ravensburg
Psychiatr Prax 37:20-6. 2010..Assessment of patients' subjective experiences of an admission to a psychiatric hospital...
- Rehospitalization risk of former voluntary and involuntary patients with schizophreniaCarmen Pfiffner
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy I, Centres for Psychiatry Südwürttemberg, Ulm University, Weissenau, ZfP Südwürttemberg, Versorgungsforschung, Weingartshofer Str 2, 88214, Ravensburg, Germany
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 49:1719-27. 2014..The aim of the study was to examine the differences between former involuntary and voluntary patients with a schizophrenic disorder with regard to time to and frequency of rehospitalization...
- Adherence styles of schizophrenia patients identified by a latent class analysis of the Medication Adherence Rating Scale (MARS): a six-month follow-up studySusanne Jaeger
Ulm University, Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy I, Zentrum für Psychiatrie Südwürttemberg, Versorgungsforschung Weissenau, Weingartshofer Str 2, D 88214 Ravensburg, Germany
Psychiatry Res 200:83-8. 2012..Patients can be classified into adherence groups that are of predictive value for long-term patient outcome...
- "Coercion Experience Scale" (CES)--validation of a questionnaire on coercive measuresJan Bergk
Center for Psychiatry Suedwuerttemberg, Ulm University, Ravensburg Weissenau, Germany
BMC Psychiatry 10:5. 2010....
- A randomized controlled comparison of seclusion and mechanical restraint in inpatient settingsJan Bergk
Department of Psychiatry, University of Ulm, Ravensburg, Germany
Psychiatr Serv 62:1310-7. 2011..This study compared the restrictiveness of these interventions from patients' point of view...
- [Psychiatric basic documentation in practice: how reliable is the data?]Susanne Jaeger
Zentrum für Psychiatrie Südwürttemberg, Versorgungsforschung Weissenau
Psychiatr Prax 38:244-9. 2011..To assess the quality of data recorded using a modified version of the German Psychiatric Basic Documentation (BADO) and to use this assessment as the basis for the development of a short version of the BADO...
- [Implementing models of cross-sectoral mental health care (integrated health care, regional psychiatry budget) in Germany: systematic literature review]Petra Schmid
Zentrum für Psychiatrie Südwürttemberg, Abteilung Psychiatrie I der Universität Ulm
Psychiatr Prax 40:414-24. 2013..The purpose of this overview is to elucidate both the current state of implementation of these models and the results of evaluation research...
- Patients with a first episode of schizophrenia spectrum psychosis and their pathways to psychiatric hospital care in South GermanyJulia Fuchs
Zentrum für Psychiatrie Weissenau, 2044, 88190, Ravensburg, Germany
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 39:375-80. 2004..This study was designed to examine patients' help-seeking contacts and the delays on their pathways to psychiatric care in Germany...
- [Wish to change smoking behaviour among staff and patients of a psychiatric hospital]Julia Grempler
Abteilung Versorgungsforschung, Weißenau Klinik für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie I, Universitat Ulm, Zentrum für Psychiatrie Südwürttemberg, Weingartshofer Straße 2, Ravensburg
Psychiatr Prax 39:164-8. 2012..There were no significant differences between patients and staff.Conclusions Psychiatric patients are as motivated as staff for offers about smoking cessation. There is a need for therapeutic offers...
- [A prospective analysis of coercive measures in an inpatient department of child and adolescent psychiatry]Anette E Fetzer
Klinik für Kinder und Jugendpsychiatrie und Psychotherapy, Zentrum für Psychiatrie Weissenau, Ravensburg
Prax Kinderpsychol Kinderpsychiatr 55:754-66. 2006..It can be concluded that a stringent documentation, an evaluation and reflection of coercive measures can help to assume quality in the process of coercive measures...
- Diagnosis-related frequency of compulsory measures in 10 German psychiatric hospitals and correlates with hospital characteristicsTilman Steinert
Centre of Psychiatry Weissenau, University of Ulm, 88214, Ravensburg Weissenau, Germany
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 42:140-5. 2007..To investigate the incidence of coercive measures in standard psychiatric care in different psychiatric hospitals...
- Compulsory admission and treatment in schizophrenia: a study of ethical attitudes in four European countriesTilman Steinert
Centre for Psychiatry Weissenau, Postfach 2044, 88214, Weissenau, Germany
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 40:635-41. 2005..Further research should provide empirical data and more definite criteria for indications of compulsive measures to achieve a common ethical framework for those critical decisions across Europe...
- Similarities and differences in borderline personality disorder and schizophrenia with voice hearingStefan Tschoeke
Center for Psychiatry Südwürttemberg, Ulm University, Ravensburg Weissenau, Germany
J Nerv Ment Dis 202:544-9. 2014..Other symptoms such as delusions, negative symptoms, formal thought disorder, and dissociative psychopathology could help to differentiate between both groups. ..
- [Violent behaviour of patients in institutions]Tilman Steinert
Zentrum für Psychiatrie, Die Weissenau, Ravensburg, Germany
Psychiatr Prax 29:61-7. 2002..Within the last decade, many studies on violence have been published. The results are misinterpreted sometimes...