- Heart failure in elderly patientsMartin Spiecker
Department of Cardiology, Marien Hospital Marl, Hervester Strasse 57, 45768 Marl, Germany
Exp Gerontol 41:549-51. 2006..However, randomized trials evaluating the efficacy of specific therapies in heart failure with normal LVEF are still missing...
- Risk of coronary artery disease associated with polymorphism of the cytochrome P450 epoxygenase CYP2J2Martin Spiecker
Department of Medicine II Cardiology, St Josef Hospital, University of Bochum, Gudrunstr 56, 44791 Bochum, Germany
Circulation 110:2132-6. 2004..The EETs are potent endogenous vasodilators and inhibitors of vascular inflammation. However, it is not known whether genetic polymorphisms of CYP2J2 are associated with increased cardiovascular risks...
- Vascular protective effects of cytochrome p450 epoxygenase-derived eicosanoidsMartin Spiecker
Department of Medicine II, St Josef Hospital, Bochum Gudrunstrasse 56 44791 Bochum, Germany
Arch Biochem Biophys 433:413-20. 2005..Thus, CYP2J2 and its derived arachidonic acid metabolites may play important roles in regulating vascular function under normal and pathophysiological conditions...
- The CYP2J2 G-50T polymorphism and myocardial infarction in patients with cardiovascular risk profileJan Borgel
Department of Cardiology, St, Josef Hospital Bergmannsheil, Ruhr University, Bochum, Germany
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 8:41. 2008..In the present study, we investigated the influence of this polymorphism on survived myocardial infarction in two study groups of patients with on average high cardiovascular risk profile...
- Cytochrome P450 epoxygenase CYP2J2 and the risk of coronary artery diseaseMartin Spiecker
Department of Medicine II, St Josef Hospital Bochum, Gudrunstrasse 56, 44791 Bochum, Germany
Trends Cardiovasc Med 16:204-8. 2006..A frequent promoter polymorphism of CYP2J2 decreases gene expression and is associated with coronary artery disease. This association supports the vascular protective role of CYP-derived eicosanoids in cardiovascular disease...
- Doppler echocardiographic prediction of recurrent atrial fibrillation following cardioversionMartin Spiecker
Heart and Vascular Center Bochum, Department of Medicine II Cardiology, St Josef Hospital, University of Bochum, Gudrunstrasse 56, 44791 Bochum, Germany
Int J Cardiol 113:161-6. 2006..Measuring atrial mechanical function is of interest to determine the individual risk of thromboembolism and the risk of recurrent AF...
- Comparison of endothelial function in patients with metabolic syndrome on bezafibrate or atorvastatin therapyChristoph Hanefeld
Heart and Vascular Center Bochum, Department of Medicine II, St Josef Hospital, University of Bochum, Germany
Cardiovasc Drugs Ther 19:153-5. 2005
- Tranilast inhibits cytokine-induced nuclear factor kappaB activation in vascular endothelial cellsMartin Spiecker
Department of Medicine II, University of Bochum, Bochum, Germany
Mol Pharmacol 62:856-63. 2002..We propose that inhibition of NF-kappaB dependent gene transcription contributes to the anti-inflammatory effects of tranilast...
- Cloning of CYP2J2 gene and identification of functional polymorphismsLorraine M King
Division of Intramural Research, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Mol Pharmacol 61:840-52. 2002..Insofar as CYP2J2 products have effects in the cardiovascular system, we speculate that these variants may be functionally relevant...
- Lipophilic statins interfere with the inhibitory effects of clopidogrel on platelet function--a flow cytometry studyHorst Neubauer
Clinic of Cardiology and Angiology, Ruhr University, Bochum, Germany
Eur Heart J 24:1744-9. 2003..Since certain lipophilic statins (i.e. simvastatin, atorvastatin, lovastatin) are a substrate of CYP3A4, we were interested in potential drug interactions between clopidogrel and statins...