Genomes and Genes
Bernhard B Singer
- Deregulation of the CEACAM expression pattern causes undifferentiated cell growth in human lung adenocarcinoma cellsBernhard B Singer
Institute of Anatomy, University Hospital Essen, Essen, Germany
PLoS ONE 5:e8747. 2010....
- Carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA)-related cell adhesion molecules are co-expressed in the human lung and their expression can be modulated in bronchial epithelial cells by non-typable Haemophilus influenzae, Moraxella catarrhalis, TLR3, and type I and II intEsther Klaile
Septomics, Research Centre of the Friedrich Schiller University Jena, the Jena University Hospital and the Leibniz Institute for Natural Products Research and Infection Biology Hans Knöll Institute, Albert Einstein Strasse 10, 07745 Jena, Germany
Respir Res 14:85. 2013..Both pathogens bind to CEACAMs and elicit a variety of cellular reactions, including bacterial internalization, cell adhesion and apoptosis...
- Species-specific evolution of immune receptor tyrosine based activation motif-containing CEACAM1-related immune receptors in the dogRobert Kammerer
Tumor Immunology Laboratory, LIFE Center, Klinikum Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University, Marchioninistr, 23, 81377 Munich, Germany
BMC Evol Biol 7:196. 2007..Since little is known about the CEA gene family in other lineages of placental mammals, we expected to gain new insights into the evolution of the rapidly diverging CEA family by analyzing the CEA family of the dog...
- CEACAM1 (CD66a) mediates delay of spontaneous and Fas ligand-induced apoptosis in granulocytesBernhard B Singer
Institut fur Biochemie und Molekularbiologie, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Charite, Berlin, Germany
Eur J Immunol 35:1949-59. 2005..These findings provide evidence that CEACAM1 influences the resolution of inflammation by prolonging the survival of rat granulocytes...
- The cell adhesion receptor carcinoembryonic antigen-related cell adhesion molecule 1 regulates nucleocytoplasmic trafficking of DNA polymerase delta-interacting protein 38Esther Klaile
Institut fur Biochemie und Molekularbiologie, Charite, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin Dahlem D 14195, Germany
J Biol Chem 282:26629-40. 2007....
- CEACAM1 functionally interacts with filamin A and exerts a dual role in the regulation of cell migrationEsther Klaile
Institut fur Biochemie und Molekularbiologie, Charite, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, 14195 Berlin, Germany
J Cell Sci 118:5513-24. 2005..Together, our data demonstrate a novel mechanism for how CEACAM1-L regulates cell migration via its interaction with filamin A...
- Tumor and endothelial cell-derived microvesicles carry distinct CEACAMs and influence T-cell behaviorHarrison T Muturi
Institute of Anatomy, University Hospital Essen, Essen, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e74654. 2013..All together, our data demonstrate that MV-bound forms of CEACAMs play important roles in intercellular communication processes, which can modulate immune response, tumor progression, metastasis and angiogenesis...
- Transmembrane CEACAM1 affects integrin-dependent signaling and regulates extracellular matrix protein-specific morphology and migration of endothelial cellsMario M Müller
Institut fur Biochemie und Molekularbiologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin Dahlem, Germany
Blood 105:3925-34. 2005..Taken together, our results suggest that transmembrane CEACAM1-L expressed on endothelial cells is implicated in the activation phase of angiogenesis by affecting the cytoskeleton architecture and integrin-mediated signaling...
- Soluble CEACAM8 interacts with CEACAM1 inhibiting TLR2-triggered immune responsesBernhard B Singer
Institute of Anatomy, University Hospital, University Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
PLoS ONE 9:e94106. 2014..Our results suggest a new mechanism by which granulocytes reduce pro-inflammatory immune responses in human airways via secretion of CEACAM8 in neutrophil-driven bacterial infections. ..
- CEACAM1 expression in oligodendrocytes of the developing rat brain shows a spatiotemporal relation to myelination and is altered in a model of encephalopathy of prematuritySebastian Prager
Department of Pediatrics 1, Neonatology, University Hospital Essen, Essen, Germany
Dev Neurosci 35:226-40. 2013....
- Cold storage of rat hepatocyte suspensions for one week in a customized cold storage solution--preservation of cell attachment and metabolismGesine Pless-Petig
Institut fur Physiologische Chemie, Universitatsklinikum Essen, Essen, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e40444. 2012..Based on previous studies with adherent cells, we here assessed cold storage injury in rat hepatocyte suspensions and aimed to find a cold storage solution that preserves viability, attachment ability and functionality of these cells...
- A new tool for the transfection of corneal endothelial cells: calcium phosphate nanoparticlesJun Hu
Institute of Anatomy, Essen University Hospital, 45147 Essen, Germany
Acta Biomater 8:1156-63. 2012..In summary, CaP-NP are suitable tools for the transfection of corneal endothelial cells. As CaP-NP induce little apoptosis these nanoparticles offer a safe alternative to viral transfection agents...
- The UspA1 protein of Moraxella catarrhalis induces CEACAM-1-dependent apoptosis in alveolar epithelial cellsPhilippe Dje N'guessan
Department of Internal Medicine Infectious Diseases and Pulmonary Medicine, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Infect Dis 195:1651-60. 2007..Thus, M. catarrhalis-induced apoptosis of pulmonary epithelial cells may contribute to the development of COPD and emphysema...
- Endothelial and hematopoietic progenitor cells (EPCs and HPCs): hand in hand fate determining partners for cancer cellsSuleyman Ergun
Institute of Anatomy, University Hospital Essen, Hufelandstr 55, 45147, Essen, Germany
Stem Cell Rev 4:169-77. 2008..This review attempts to bring these systemic and local players of postnatal vasculogenesis together and to highlight their role in tumor growth and mestastasis...
- Pro-angiogenic properties of orosomucoid (ORM)Ster Irmak
Institute of Anatomy, University Hospital Essen, Hufelandstr 55, D 45147 Essen, Germany
Exp Cell Res 315:3201-9. 2009..Taken together, our results let assume that ORM has pro-angiogenic properties and supports the angiogenic effect of VEGF-A. Thus, ORM seems to be involved in the regulation of angiogenesis...
- CEACAM1-3S Drives Melanoma Cells into NK Cell-Mediated Cytolysis and Enhances Patient SurvivalNico Ullrich
Skin Cancer Unit of the Dermatology Department, Medical Faculty, West German Cancer Center, University Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany German Cancer Consortium DKTK, Heidelberg, Germany
Cancer Res 75:1897-907. 2015..Overall, our results define the splice isoform-specific immunomodulatory and cell biologic functions of CEACAM1 in melanoma pathogenesis. Cancer Res; 75(9); 1897-907. ©2015 AACR. ..
- Urinary matrix metalloproteinase-7 level is associated with the presence of metastasis in bladder cancerTibor Szarvas
Department of Urology, University Hospital of Essen, Essen, Germany
BJU Int 107:1069-73. 2011..To assess the presence of matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-7 in urine samples of patients with bladder cancer and to investigate the correlation between MMP-7 urine concentration and clinicopathological variables...
- Lymphatic reprogramming of microvascular endothelial cells by CEA-related cell adhesion molecule-1 via interaction with VEGFR-3 and Prox1Nerbil Kilic
Internal Medicine, Department of Hematology Oncology Bone Marrow Transplantation, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Blood 110:4223-33. 2007..CEACAM1-induced signaling effects appear to be dependent on the presence of tyrosine residues in the CEACAM1 cytoplasmic domain...
- Control of density-dependent, cell state-specific signal transduction by the cell adhesion molecule CEACAM1, and its influence on cell cycle regulationInka Scheffrahn
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Medical Nobel Institute, Box 285, Karolinska Institutet, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Exp Cell Res 307:427-35. 2005....
- Identification of allelic variants of the bovine immune regulatory molecule CEACAM1 implies a pathogen-driven evolutionRobert Kammerer
Tumor Immunology Laboratory, Department of Urology, Klinikum Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University, Marchioninistr 23, Munich D 81377, Germany
Gene 339:99-109. 2004..This is consistent with the notion that CEACAM1 serves or has served as a pathogen receptor in cattle...
- CEACAM1 is a potent regulator of B cell receptor complex-induced activationGediminas Greicius
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Medical Nobel Institute, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
J Leukoc Biol 74:126-34. 2003..Anti-CEACAM1 induced phosphorylation of c-Jun N-terminal kinase (stress-activated protein kinase) but did not activate the extracellular signal-regulated kinase or p38 mitogen-activated protein kinases...
- Computational analysis of isoform-specific signal regulation by CEACAM1-A cell adhesion molecule expressed in PC12 cellsBjörn Obrink
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Ann N Y Acad Sci 971:597-607. 2002....
- Carcinoembryonic antigen-related cell adhesion molecule 1 expression and signaling in human, mouse, and rat leukocytes: evidence for replacement of the short cytoplasmic domain isoform by glycosylphosphatidylinositol-linked proteins in human leukocytesBernhard B Singer
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Medical Nobel Institute, Karolinska Institutet, SE 17177 Stockholm, Sweden
J Immunol 168:5139-46. 2002..We demonstrated that CEACAM1 and CEACAM8 are physically associated in human granulocytes. The CEACAM1/CEACAM8 complex in human cells might accordingly play a similar role as CEACAM1-L/CEACAM1-S dimers known to occur in rat cells...
- CEACAM1 inhibits Toll-like receptor 2-triggered antibacterial responses of human pulmonary epithelial cellsHortense Slevogt
Department of Internal Medicine Infectious Diseases and Pulmonary Medicine, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Nat Immunol 9:1270-8. 2008..Our results identify a CEACAM1-dependent immune-evasion strategy...