- The basophil activation marker defined by antibody 97A6 is identical to the ectonucleotide pyrophosphatase/phosphodiesterase 3H J Buhring
University of Tubingen, Department of Internal Medicine II, Division of Hematology, Immunology, and Oncology, Germany
Blood 97:3303-5. 2001..These data demonstrate that MoAb 97A6 recognizes the functionally active type II transmembrane ectoenzyme E-NPP3...
- The basophil-specific ectoenzyme E-NPP3 (CD203c) as a marker for cell activation and allergy diagnosisHans Jorg Buhring
Department of Internal Medicine II, Division of Hematology, Immunology and Oncology, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 133:317-29. 2004..In the present article, we review the current knowledge of CD203c with special regard to its tissue distribution and regulation in basophil activation. In addition, we discuss the application of CD203c in allergy diagnosis...
- CDCP1 identifies a broad spectrum of normal and malignant stem/progenitor cell subsets of hematopoietic and nonhematopoietic originHans Jorg Buhring
University of Tubingen, Department of Internal Medicine II, Division of Hematology, Immunology, Oncology and Rheumatology, Tubingen, Germany
Stem Cells 22:334-43. 2004..In conclusion, CDCP1 is not only a novel marker for immature hematopoietic progenitor cell subsets but also unique in its property to recognize cells with phenotypes reminiscent of MSC and NPC...
- CDCP1 is a novel marker for hematopoietic stem cellsTim Conze
Department of Internal Medicine II, Division of Hematology, Immunology, and Oncology, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Ann N Y Acad Sci 996:222-6. 2003..Transplantation of purified CDCP1(+) cells into NOD/SCID mice resulted in engraftment of human cells with multi-lineage differentiation potential, suggesting that CDCP1 is a novel marker for hematopoietic stem cells...
- Expression of stromal cell markers in distinct compartments of human skin cancersMargit A Huber
Department of Dermatology, Vienna Medical University, Vienna, Austria
J Cutan Pathol 33:145-55. 2006....
- Impact of constitutive IGF1/IGF2 stimulation on the transcriptional program of human breast cancer cellsMargit Pacher
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical University of Vienna, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Carcinogenesis 28:49-59. 2007..We conclude that the induction of cell proliferation and tumor formation by long-term IGF stimulation may primarily be due to anabolic effects, in particular increased amino acid production and uptake...
- Laser capture microdissection of epithelial cancers guided by antibodies against fibroblast activation protein and endosialinChristian Rupp
Institute of Clinical Pathology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Diagn Mol Pathol 15:35-42. 2006..Using these procedures, RNA from distinct tumor compartments can be isolated, analyzed, amplified, and used for transcription profiling...
- Characterization of cancer stroma markers: in silico analysis of an mRNA expression database for fibroblast activation protein and endosialinHelmut Dolznig
Institute of Clinical Pathology, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Cancer Immun 5:10. 2005..Constructing databases from microdissected cancer tissues may be an essential step for tumor stroma-targeted therapies...
- Balance between NF-kappaB and JNK/AP-1 activity controls dendritic cell life and deathErnst Kriehuber
Department of Dermatology, Division of Immunology, Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18-20, A-1090 Vienna, Austria
Blood 106:175-83. 2005..We conclude that JNK/AP-1 activity is under negative feedback control of NF-kappaB and can execute apoptosis in DCs. Thus, feedback-controlled signaling amplitudes of 2 transcriptional pathways decide the fate of a DC...
- Blood and lymphatic endothelial cell-specific differentiation programs are stringently controlled by the tissue environmentStefan Amatschek
Research Center for Molecular Medicine, Austrian Academy of Sciences, Vienna, Austria
Blood 109:4777-85. 2007..Thus, our data demonstrate the key importance of using precisely defined native ECs for the global identification of in vivo relevant cell functions...