- Emergence of increasing linezolid-resistance in enterococci in a post-outbreak situation with vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus faeciumB Schulte
Institut fur Medizinische Mikrobiologie und Hygiene, Eberhard Karls Universitat, Tubingen, Germany
Epidemiol Infect 136:1131-3. 2008..Linezolid should therefore be used with caution and the susceptibility of isolates monitored over time. Isolation precautions and screening of contacts should be considered to avoid spread of resistant isolates...
- Discrimination between epidemic and non-epidemic glycopeptide-resistant E. faecium in a post-outbreak situationS Borgmann
Institute for Medical Microbiology and Hygiene, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
J Hosp Infect 67:49-55. 2007..More than 50% non-epidemic clones were esp positive; nevertheless, esp PCR appears to be the most promising approach to identify non-epidemic VRE...
- Interaction of Escherichia coli hemolysin with biological membranes. A study using cysteine scanning mutagenesisC Schindel
Institut fur Medizinische Mikrobiologie und Hygiene, Universitat Mainz, Germany
Eur J Biochem 268:800-8. 2001..Our data indicate that binding of Ca2(+) to the toxin in solution effects a conformational change that is relayed to the N-terminal domain, rendering it capable of adopting the structure of a functional pore upon membrane binding...
- Clonal spread of meropenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii strains in hospitals in the Mediterranean region and transmission to South-west GermanyB Schulte
J Hosp Infect 61:356-7. 2005
- Spread of ampicillin/vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus faecium of the epidemic-virulent clonal complex-17 carrying the genes esp and hyl in German hospitalsI Klare
Robert Koch Institute, Wernigerode Branch, Burgstr 37, 38855, Wernigerode, Germany
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 24:815-25. 2005..In conclusion, it is very important to monitor the occurrence of epidemic-virulent clonal complex-17 strains of E. faecium to prevent their spread in hospitals, especially if they are resistant to glycopeptides and linezolid...
- Inappropriate arrhythmia detection in implantable defibrillator therapy due to oversensing of diaphragmatic myopotentialsB Schulte
Kerckhoff Clinic, Department for Cardiology, Bad Nauheim, Germany
J Interv Card Electrophysiol 5:487-93. 2001..In 48% of the patients with devices without programmable maximal sensitivity (n=17), surgery revision was necessary to solve the problem...