- Assembly of the outer retina in the absence of GABA synthesis in horizontal cellsTimm Schubert
Department of Biological Structure, University of Washington, School of Medicine, 1959 NE Pacific St, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Neural Dev 5:15. 2010....
- Retinal processing: global players like it localTimm Schubert
Centre for Integrative Neuroscience, Institute for Ophthalmic Research, University of Tuebingen, Roentgenweg 11, 72076 Tuebingen, Germany
Curr Biol 20:R486-8. 2010..A recent study of a specific type of retinal amacrine cell shows how a single interneuron can implement a large number of parallel feedback circuits, illustrating how highly complex circuits can be generated by a small number of neurons...
- Developmental regulation and activity-dependent maintenance of GABAergic presynaptic inhibition onto rod bipolar cell axonal terminalsTimm Schubert
Department of Biological Structure, University of Washington, School of Medicine, 1959 Northeast Pacific Street, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Neuron 78:124-37. 2013....
- Developmental patterning of glutamatergic synapses onto retinal ganglion cellsJosh L Morgan
Department of Biological Structure, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Neural Dev 3:8. 2008..Thus, determining how glutamatergic inputs are patterned onto RGC dendritic arbors during development could provide insight into the cellular mechanisms that shape their functional receptive fields...
- Light-driven calcium signals in mouse cone photoreceptorsTao Wei
Centre for Integrative Neuroscience, University of Tubingen, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
J Neurosci 32:6981-94. 2012..In conclusion, HR2.1:TN-XL mice offer unprecedented opportunities to elucidate light-driven Ca²⁺ dynamics and their (dys)regulation in cone photoreceptors...
- Transient neurites of retinal horizontal cells exhibit columnar tiling via homotypic interactionsRachel M Huckfeldt
Department of Biological Structure, University of Washington, 1959 NE Pacific Street, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Nat Neurosci 12:35-43. 2009....
- BK channels mediate pathway-specific modulation of visual signals in the in vivo mouse retinaNaoyuki Tanimoto
Division of Ocular Neurodegeneration, Centre for Ophthalmology, Institute for Ophthalmic Research, University of Tuebingen, 72076 Tuebingen, Germany
J Neurosci 32:4861-6. 2012..These findings demonstrate that BK channels modulate visual responses in vivo at the bipolar cell level at intermediate stimulus conditions...
- Development of presynaptic inhibition onto retinal bipolar cell axon terminals is subclass-specificTimm Schubert
Department of Biological Structure, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 7420, USA
J Neurophysiol 100:304-16. 2008..Our data suggest that presynaptic modulation of glutamate transmission from bipolar cells matures rapidly and is differentially coordinated for GABAergic and glycinergic synapses onto distinct bipolar cell subclasses...