- Procalcitonin to guide duration of antibiotic therapy in intensive care patients: a randomized prospective controlled trialMarcel Hochreiter
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, West Coast Hospital, Esmarchstrasse 50, 25746 Heide, Germany
Crit Care 13:R83. 2009..The present study aimed to investigate the clinical usefulness of PCT for guiding antibiotic therapy in surgical intensive care patients...
- [Diving accidents. Emergency treatment of serious diving accidents]S Schroder
Klinik für Anästhesie und Intensivmedizin, Westküstenklinikum Heide
Anaesthesist 53:1093-102. 2004..The definitive treatment includes rapid recompression with hyperbaric oxygen. The value of adjunctive medication, however, remains controversial...
- [Nasojejunal enteral feeding tubes in critically ill patients. Successful placement without technical assistance]S Schroder
Klinik für Anästhesie und Operative Intensivmedizin, Westküstenklinikum Heide, Heide, Deutschland
Anaesthesist 56:1217-22. 2007..The duration until successful positioning, time until total enteral feeding and possible complications were compared...
- Procalcitonin (PCT)-guided algorithm reduces length of antibiotic treatment in surgical intensive care patients with severe sepsis: results of a prospective randomized studyS Schroeder
Interdisciplinary Intensive Care Unit, Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Westküstenklinikum, Heide, Germany
Langenbecks Arch Surg 394:221-6. 2009..In the present study, we aimed to investigate the clinical usefulness of PCT for guiding antibiotic treatment in surgical intensive care patients with severe sepsis...
- [Postpyloric feeding tubes for surgical intensive care patients. Pilot series to evaluate two methods for bedside placement]S Schroder
Klinik für Anästhesie und Intensivmedizin, Westküstenklinikum Heide, Esmarchstr 50, 25746 Heide, Deutschland
Anaesthesist 60:214-20. 2011..In addition they are always justified in the event of a lack of endoscopic positioning...
- Interleukin-6 enhancement after direct autologous retransfusion of shed thoracic blood does not influence haemodynamic stability following coronary artery bypass graftingS Schroeder
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Westküstenklinikum Heide, Heide, Germany
Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 55:68-72. 2007..The purpose of the study was to investigate whether retransfusion of shed thoracic blood induces plasma interleukin-6 (IL-6) expression and influences haemodynamics...