- Applied biocatalysis for the synthesis of natural flavour compounds--current industrial processes and future prospectsJ Schrader
Karl Winnacker Institute, DECHEMA e V, Theodor Heuss Allee 25, 60486 Frankfurt Main, Germany
Biotechnol Lett 26:463-72. 2004....
- Methanol-based industrial biotechnology: current status and future perspectives of methylotrophic bacteriaJens Schrader
Karl Winnacker Institut, Biochemical Engineering, Theodor Heuss Allee 25, 60486 Frankfurt, Germany
Trends Biotechnol 27:107-15. 2009..This review highlights the potential of these bacteria for the development of economically competitive bioprocesses based on methanol as an alternative carbon source, bringing together biological, technical and economic considerations...
- P450(BM-3)-catalyzed whole-cell biotransformation of alpha-pinene with recombinant Escherichia coli in an aqueous-organic two-phase systemHendrik Schewe
DECHEMA e V, Karl Winnacker Institut, Frankfurt, Germany
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 83:849-57. 2009....
- Folding reporter tags can deliver misleading results upon chaperone coexpressionChristoph Nacke
DECHEMA e V, Karl Winnacker Institut, Biochemical Engineering Group, Theodor Heuss Allee 25, 60486 Frankfurt Main, Germany
J Biotechnol 144:268-71. 2009..Incorrect results can be obtained if target protein folding quality is assessed solely based on reporter tag activity. Thus, additional methods for the verification of the obtained results should be performed...
- Synthesis of green note aroma compounds by biotransformation of fatty acids using yeast cells coexpressing lipoxygenase and hydroperoxide lyaseMarkus Buchhaupt
Biochemical Engineering, DECHEMA eV, Karl Winnacker Institut, Frankfurt, Germany
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 93:159-68. 2012..The whole cell catalyst containing LOX and HPL enzyme activity described here can be a promising approach towards a highly efficient microbial green note synthesis process...
- Entrapment of cytochrome P450 BM-3 in polypyrrole for electrochemically-driven biocatalysisDirk Holtmann
Biochemical Engineering Group, Karl Winnacker Institut, DECHEMA e V, 60486, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Biotechnol Lett 31:765-70. 2009..Repeatedly sweeping the electric potential between -600 and +600 mV versus Ag/AgCl led to enzymatically-catalysed product formation while in the absence of the enzyme no product formed under otherwise identical conditions...
- Over-expression of chloroperoxidase in Caldariomyces fumagoMarkus Buchhaupt
DECHEMA eV, Biochemical Engineering, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Biotechnol Lett 33:2225-31. 2011..The highest CPO activity from the bioreactor cultivation was 3,236 U ml(-1). This is the highest value reported so far...
- A recombinant α-dioxygenase from rice to produce fatty aldehydes using E. coliFenja Kaehne
DECHEMA e V Karl Winnacker Institut, Biochemical Engineering, Theodor Heuss Allee 25, 60486 Frankfurt Main, Germany
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 90:989-95. 2011..The usage of Triton X 100 improves the conversion rate up to 1 g aldehyde per liter per hour. Easy reuse of the cells was demonstrated by performing a second biotransformation without any loss of biocatalytic activity...
- Enzymatic production and in situ separation of natural β-ionone from β-caroteneChristoph Nacke
DECHEMA Research Institute, Biochemical Engineering, Theodor Heuss Allee 25, 60486, Frankfurt, Germany
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 39:1771-8. 2012....
- Immobilization of histidine-tagged proteins on electrodesClaudia Ley
Biochemical Engineering Group, Karl Winnacker Institut, DECHEMA e V, Theodor Heuss Allee 25, 60486 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 88:539-51. 2011....
- Fungal biotransformation of (+/-)-linaloolMarco Antonio Mirata
DECHEMA e V, Karl Winnacker Institut, Biochemical Engineering, PO Box 150104, D 60061 Frankfurt Main, Germany
J Agric Food Chem 56:3287-96. 2008..day linalool oxides, Corynespora cassiicola DSM 62485 was identified as a novel highly stereoselective linalool transforming biocatalyst showing the highest productivity reported so far...
- Biotechnological production of astaxanthin with Phaffia rhodozyma/Xanthophyllomyces dendrorhousIsabell Schmidt
Karl Winnacker Institut, Frankfurt, Germany
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 89:555-71. 2011..rhodozyma for the biotechnological production of astaxanthin in comparison to other natural sources such as the microalga H. pluvialis, other fungi and transgenic plants and to chemical synthesis...
- Improved monoterpene biotransformation with Penicillium sp. by use of a closed gas loop bioreactorMichael Pescheck
Biochemical Engineering Group, DECHEMA eV, Karl Winnacker Institut, Frankfurt, Germany
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 36:827-36. 2009..Furthermore, a molar conversion yield of up to 63% was achieved...
- Integrated bioprocess for the stereospecific production of linalool oxides from linalool with Corynespora cassiicola DSM 62475Sebastian Bormann
Biochemical Engineering, DECHEMA Research Institute, Theodor Heuss Allee 25, 60486, Frankfurt, Germany
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 39:1761-9. 2012..Process optimisation increased productivity to 920 mg l(-1) day(-1) in a bioreactor with an overall product concentration of 4.600 mg l(-1) linalool oxides...
- Immobilized redox mediators for electrochemical NAD(P)+ regenerationSvenja Kochius
DECHEMA eV, Karl Winnacker Institut, Frankfurt, Germany
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 93:2251-64. 2012..By comparison with other existing regeneration systems, the technical potential and future perspectives of biocatalytic redox reactions based on electrochemically fed immobilized mediators will be assessed...
- Influence of solubility-enhancing fusion proteins and organic solvents on the in vitro biocatalytic performance of the carotenoid cleavage dioxygenase AtCCD1 in a micellar reaction systemMartin Schilling
Biochemical Engineering Group, DECHEMA e V, Theodor Heuss Allee 25, 60486, Frankfurt, Germany
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 75:829-36. 2007..The results provide a foundation for the development towards the application of carotenoid cleavage dioxygenases as in vitro biocatalysts for the production of norisoprenoids and apocarotenals from carotenoids...
- Improvement of P450(BM-3) whole-cell biocatalysis by integrating heterologous cofactor regeneration combining glucose facilitator and dehydrogenase in E. coliHendrik Schewe
Biochemical Engineering Group, DECHEMA e V, Karl Winnacker Institut, Theodor Heuss Allee 25, 60486, Frankfurt, Germany
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 78:55-65. 2008..5 h. The physiological functioning of the heterologous cofactor regeneration system was illustrated by a sevenfold increased alpha-pinene oxide yield in the presence of glucose compared to glucose-free conditions...
- Biotechnological production of 2-phenylethanolM M W Etschmann
DECHEMA e V, Biochemical Engineering Group, Theodor Heuss Allee 25, 60486 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 59:1-8. 2002..This review describes the microbial production of 2-PE, and also summarizes the chemical syntheses and the market situation...
- Production of the aroma chemicals 3-(methylthio)-1-propanol and 3-(methylthio)-propylacetate with yeastsM M W Etschmann
Biochemical Engineering Group, Theodor Heuss Allee 25, 60486, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 80:579-87. 2008..These are the highest concentrations reported up to now for the biocatalytic synthesis of these flavor compounds which are applied in the production of savory aroma compositions such as meat, potato, and cheese flavorings...
- Screening of yeasts for the production of the aroma compound 2-phenylethanol in a molasses-based mediumM M Etschmann
Karl-Winnacker-Institut der DECHEMA e.V, Theodor-Heuss-Allee 25, 60486 Frankfurt/Main, Germany
Biotechnol Lett 25:531-6. 2003..The most productive strains were Kluyveromyces marxianus CBS 600 and CBS 397...
- Polar auxin transport in the wood-forming tissues of hybrid aspen is under simultaneous control of developmental and environmental signalsJ Schrader
, Forest Genetics and Plant Physiology, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, 90183 Ume, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:10096-101. 2003..Our findings collectively demonstrate that trees have developed mechanisms to modulate auxin transport in the vascular meristem in response to developmental and environmental cues...
- A minimally invasive approach for efficient gene delivery to rodent heartsZ Ding
, , , Germany
Gene Ther 11:260-5. 2004..Our results also suggest that prolongation of viral incubation time is an effective means for achieving highly efficient myocardial gene transduction...
- An aqueous-organic two-phase bioprocess for efficient production of the natural aroma chemicals 2-phenylethanol and 2-phenylethylacetate with yeastM M W Etschmann
DECHEMA e.V, Karl-Winnacker-Institut, Biochemical Engineering Group, Theodor-Heuss-Allee 25, 60486, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 71:440-3. 2006..With Kluyveromyces marxianus CBS 600, 26.5 g/l 2-PE and 6.1 g/l 2-PEAc in the organic phase were obtained, corresponding to space-time yields of 0.33 and 0.08 g/l h, respectively...
- The genome of black cottonwood, Populus trichocarpa (Torr. & Gray)G A Tuskan
Environmental Sciences Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN 37831, USA
Science 313:1596-604. 2006..Overrepresented exceptions in Populus include genes associated with lignocellulosic wall biosynthesis, meristem development, disease resistance, and metabolite transport...