- Changes in depression following gastric banding: a 5- to 7-year prospective studyMarion Schowalter
Institute of Psychotherapy and Medical Psychology, University of Wuerzburg, Klinikstr 3, 97070 Wuerzburg, Germany
Obes Surg 18:314-20. 2008..This prospective, controlled study investigated depression and self-acceptance in morbidly obese patients before and after gastric banding...
- Generic and disease-specific health-related quality of life in patients with chronic systolic heart failure: impact of depressionMarion Schowalter
Department of Medical Psychology, Medical Sociology and Rehabilitation Sciences, University of Wurzburg, Klinikstr 3, D 97070 Wurzburg, Germany
Clin Res Cardiol 102:269-78. 2013..We aimed to describe both generic and disease-specific HRQoL in a large community-based sample of patients with systolic heart failure (SHF) and to identify important somatic and psychosocial correlates...
- Depression and disease severity as predictors of health-related quality of life in patients with chronic heart failure--a structural equation modeling approachHermann Faller
Institute of Psychotherapy und Medical Psychology, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
J Card Fail 15:286-292.e2. 2009..To examine whether depression and heart failure severity are independent predictors of both the physical and psychologic domains of health-related quality of life (HRQoL) in patients with chronic heart failure...
- Is health-related quality of life an independent predictor of survival in patients with chronic heart failure?Hermann Faller
Institute of Psychotherapy and Medical Psychology, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
J Psychosom Res 63:533-8. 2007..The aim of this study was to examine whether the physical and mental components of health-related quality of life (HRQoL) are independent predictors of survival in patients with chronic heart failure (CHF)...
- Impact of depression on quality of life assessment in heart failureHermann Faller
Department of Internal Medicine I Center for Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Wurzburg, Institute of Psychotherapy und Medical Psychology, Wurzburg, Germany
Int J Cardiol 142:133-7. 2010..We aimed to examine whether co-morbid depression alters the relationship between disease severity and HRQoL, thus compromising the validity of a CHF-specific HRQoL measure...
- Depression and survival in chronic heart failure: does gender play a role?Hermann Faller
University of Wurzburg, Institute of Psychotherapy und Medical Psychology, Wurzburg, Germany
Eur J Heart Fail 9:1018-23. 2007..Data regarding the influence of depression on outcome in chronic heart failure are conflicting and neglect possible gender differences...
- Somatic correlates of comorbid major depression in patients with systolic heart failureChristiane E Angermann
University of Wurzburg, Department of Internal Medicine I Center for Cardiovascular Medicine, Wurzburg, Germany
Int J Cardiol 147:66-73. 2011..This prospective study investigated somatic correlates of comorbid depression in patients with heart failure aiming to better understand the interrelation of both conditions...
- [The Kansas City Cardiomyopathy Questionnaire (KCCQ) -- a new disease-specific quality of life measure for patients with chronic heart failure]Hermann Faller
Institut für Psychotherapie und Medizinische Psychologie, Universitat Wurzburg
Psychother Psychosom Med Psychol 55:200-8. 2005..The questionnaire was well accepted by the participating patients. The KCCQ proved to be a reliable and valid self-report instrument for measuring disease-specific quality of life in chronic heart failure...
- Who benefits from gastric banding?Marco Bueter
Department of Surgery I, Julius Maximilians University of Wuerzburg, Oberduerrbacher Strasse 6, 97080 Wuerzburg, Germany
Obes Surg 17:1608-13. 2007..In the present study, criteria were investigated to predict major benefit after laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding (LAGB)...