Genomes and Genes
- Solution structure of a Hck SH3 domain ligand complex reveals novel interaction modesHolger Schmidt
Forschungszentrum Julich GmbH, INB, Biomolecular NMR, 52425 Julich, Germany
J Mol Biol 365:1517-32. 2007..Consequences for computational prediction tools adressing SH3-ligand interactions as well as the biological relevance of our findings are discussed...
- The carotenase AtCCD1 from Arabidopsis thaliana is a dioxygenaseHolger Schmidt
Foundation for Biomolecular Food Technology, Technische Universitat Munchen, Lise Meitner Strasse 34, D 84354 Freising, Germany
J Biol Chem 281:9845-51. 2006..The results unambiguously demonstrate a dioxygenase mechanism for the carotenase AtCCD1 from A. thaliana...
- Substrate promiscuity of RdCCD1, a carotenoid cleavage oxygenase from Rosa damascenaFong Chin Huang
Technische Universitat Munchen, Hochfeldweg 1, D 85354 Freising, Germany
Phytochemistry 70:457-64. 2009..The RdCCD1 transcript was present predominantly in rose flower, where high levels of volatile C(13)-norisoprenoids are produced. Thus, the accumulation of C(13)-norisoprenoids in rose flower is correlated to the expression of RdCCD1...
- Molecular typing of Aspergillus ochraceus and construction of species specific SCAR-primers based on AFLPHolger Schmidt
, , Freising, Germany
Syst Appl Microbiol 26:138-46. 2003..PCRs were optimised for specificity and subsequently tested against a panel of Aspergillus species. Using this approach a PCR specific for Aspergillus ochraceus was developed...
- Cavity-enhanced magnetooptical observation of magnetization reversal in individual single-domain nanomagnetsNaser Qureshi
School of Engineering, University of California Santa Cruz, 1156 High Street, Santa Cruz, California 95064, USA
Nano Lett 5:1413-7. 2005..Near-field signals remain nearly constant with reduced magnet diameter, indicating favorable scaling of near-field magnetooptics into the deep nanometer range...
- Competitive displacement of full-length HIV-1 Nef from the Hck SH3 domain by a high-affinity artificial peptideThomas Stangler
Institut für Physikalische Biologie and BMFZ, Heinrich Heine Universitat Dusseldorf, Universitatsstrasse 1, D 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Biol Chem 388:611-5. 2007..44 microM), the strongest SH3 ligand interaction known so far. Consequences of this study for novel antiviral concepts are discussed...
- Safety and practicability of percutaneous translaryngeal tracheotomy (Fantoni technique) in surgery of maxillofacial and oropharyngeal tumours--own results and review of the literatureHorst Adam
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
J Craniomaxillofac Surg 36:38-46. 2008..The study examines the suitability of the Fantoni method of translaryngeal tracheotomy (TLT) for airway management after surgery due to oropharyngeal and maxillofacial tumours...