Inga Marie Schaefer
- Pyloric gland adenoma of the cystic duct with malignant transformation: report of a case with a review of the literatureInga Marie Schaefer
Department of Pathology, University Medical Center Gottingen, Robert Koch Straße 40, Gottingen, D 37075, Germany
BMC Cancer 12:570. 2012..5 cm and a mean age of occurrence around 70 years. Adenocarcinoma develops in about 40% of cases and may be difficult to detect due to relatively mild nuclear atypia...
- Blastomatoid pulmonary carcinosarcoma: report of a case with a review of the literatureInga Marie Schaefer
Department of Pathology, University Medical Center Gottingen, Robert Koch Straße 40, D 37075 Gottingen, Germany
BMC Cancer 12:424. 2012..Pulmonary carcinosarcoma is a biphasic tumour with an unfavourable prognosis. The differential diagnosis includes pulmonary blastoma and is often challenging...
- Chromosomal imbalances in primary hepatic carcinosarcomaInga Marie Schaefer
Department of Pathology, University Medical Center Gottingen, Robert Koch Straβe 40, D 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Hum Pathol 43:1328-33. 2012..Hepatic carcinosarcoma is a tumor with biphasic morphology but possible monoclonal origin, showing advanced tumor progression in the carcinomatous areas...
- Giant umbilical cord edema caused by retrograde micturition through an open patent urachusInga Marie Schaefer
Department of Gastroenteropathology, University Medicine Gottingen, Robert Koch Straße 40, Gottingen, Germany
Pediatr Dev Pathol 13:404-7. 2010..In cases of diffuse enlargement, elevated umbilical creatinine can support the diagnosis of a patent urachus with open leakage into the Wharton's jelly. Appropriate surgical management is required...
- High chromosomal instability in adenocarcinoma of the ileum arising from multifocal gastric heterotopia with gastritis cystica profundaInga Marie Schaefer
Department of Gastroenteropathology, University Medical Center Gottingen, Robert Koch Straße 40, 37075, Gottingen, Germany
Med Oncol 28:1023-6. 2011..Comparative genomic hybridization of the adenocarcinoma revealed chromosomal gains at 1q, 3q, 5p, 8q, 11p, 12p, 13q and losses at Xp, 4q, 8p, 10p, 14q, 17p, 20p, compatible with a high degree of genomic instability...
- Unicentric castleman's disease located in the lower extremity: a case reportInga Marie Schaefer
Department of Pathology, University Medical Center Gottingen, Germany
BMC Cancer 11:352. 2011..Unicentric and multicentric Castleman's disease are being distinguished, the latter harboring an unfavorable prognosis...
- Duodenal GIST: a single center experienceAlexander Beham
Department of General and Visceral Surgery, University Medical Center Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Int J Colorectal Dis 28:581-90. 2013..The duodenum as primary site for gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GISTs) is rare and mitotic rate, tumor size, type of mutation and number of chromosomal aberrations have prognostic implications...
- Long-lasting complete response of metastatic melanoma to ipilimumab with analysis of the resident immune cellsBirgit Tsaknakis
Clinic of Gastroenterology and Endocrinology, University Medical Center Gottingen, Robert Koch Str 40, 37075, Gottingen, Germany
Med Oncol 31:813. 2014....
- Common genomic aberrations in basaloid squamous cell carcinoma and carcinosarcoma of the esophagus detected by CGH and array CGHInga Marie Schaefer
Dept of Gastroenteropathology, University Medical Center Gottingen, Germany
Am J Clin Pathol 135:579-86. 2011..In addition, progression of genomic instability from in situ to invasive carcinosarcoma could be demonstrated by using array CGH. Our observations suggest a common genetic origin of BSCC and carcinosarcoma...
- Chromosomal aberrations in primary PDGFRA-mutated gastrointestinal stromal tumorsInga Marie Schaefer
Department of Pathology, University Medical Center Gottingen, Robert Koch Straße 40, Göttingen D 37075, Germany Electronic address
Hum Pathol 45:85-97. 2014..Altogether, PDGFRA-mutated GISTs display the same chromosomal aberrations as KIT-mutated GISTs, although they have a lower degree of chromosomal instability in line with their generally favorable outcome. ..
- Occult gastric signet ring cell carcinoma presenting as spermatic cord and testicular metastases: "Krukenberg tumor" in a male patientInga Marie Schaefer
Department of Pathology, University Medicine, Robert Koch Strasse 40, D 37099 Göttingen, Germany
Pathol Res Pract 206:519-21. 2010..This extremely rare form of metastatic dissemination resembles the Krukenberg tumor of ovaries. Immunohistochemical staining plays an important role in the differential diagnosis of spermatic cord enlargement...
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumorsAlexander W Beham
Department of Surgery, University of Gottingen, Robert Koch Str 42, 37075, Gottingen, Germany
Int J Colorectal Dis 27:689-700. 2012..Its pathogenesis is defined by mutations within the KIT and PDGFRA gene, which constitutively activate KIT and PDGFRA oncoproteins, and serve as crucial diagnostic and therapeutic targets...
- Ultra-rapid virological response, young age, low γ-GT/ALT-ratio, and absence of steatosis identify a subgroup of HCV Genotype 3 patients who achieve SVR with IFN-α(2a) monotherapyAhmad Amanzada
Department of Gastroenterology and Endocrinology, University Medical Center Gottingen, Georg August University, Robert Koch Straße 40, 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Dig Dis Sci 56:3296-304. 2011..However, this therapy has substantial side-effects including anemia, is teratogenic, and costly. To reduce the side-effects of therapy, the role of monotherapy consisting of only IFN-α was investigated...
- Ten Years of Treatment with 400 mg Imatinib per Day in a Case of Advanced Gastrointestinal Stromal TumorSilke Cameron
Departments of Gastroenterology and Endocrinology, University Medicine of the Georg August University, Gottingen, Germany
Case Rep Oncol 4:505-11. 2011..Exon 11 (point) mutation might not only represent a positive predictor for imatinib response in general, but especially for imatinib response on long-term...
- Neuroendocrine carcinoma in a mediastinal teratoma as a rare variant of somatic-type malignancyInga Marie Schaefer
Institute of Pathology, University Medical Center Gottingen, Robert Koch Straße 40, 37075, Gottingen, Germany
Virchows Arch 463:731-5. 2013..In summary, clinicians and pathologists should be aware of neuroendocrine carcinoma as a rare type of STM complicating mediastinal germ cell tumors...