- Distinct seasonality of depressive episodes differentiates unipolar depressive patients with and without depressive mixed statesTetsuya Sato
Psychiatric Hospital, Ludwig Maximilian University, Nussbaumstr 7, D 80336 Munich, Germany
J Affect Disord 90:1-5. 2006..The seasonality of depressive episodes is indicated to be different between unipolar and bipolar depressions. We therefore explored the seasonal pattern of depressive episodes in unipolar depressive patients with DMX...
- Syndromes and phenomenological subtypes underlying acute mania: a factor analytic study of 576 manic patientsTetsuya Sato
Psychiatrische Klinik der Ludwig Maximilians Universität, Munchen, Germany
Am J Psychiatry 159:968-74. 2002..There is controversy as to whether atypical manic features such as aggression, psychosis, and depression are likely to coexist among manic patients. The authors' goal was to examine this controversy...
- The boundary between mixed and manic episodes in the ICD-10 classificationT Sato
Psychiatrische Klinik und Poliklinik, LMU Munich, Germany
Acta Psychiatr Scand 106:109-16. 2002..To investigate the boundary between ICD-10 mixed and manic episodes, which has apparently remained understudied...
- Evaluating the inter-episode stability of depressive mixed statesTetsuya Sato
Psychiatric Hospital, Ludwig Maximilian University LMU, Nussbaumstr 7, D 80336 Munich, Germany
J Affect Disord 81:103-13. 2004..Our goal was to provide preliminary evidence of the inter-episode stability of DMX. The inter-episode stability is known to be an important validator for establishing a distinct clinical entity...
- Psychopathology of early-onset versus late-onset schizophrenia revisited: an observation of 473 neuroleptic-naive patients before and after first-admission treatmentsTetsuya Sato
Psychiatric Hospital, Ludwig Maximilian University Munich, Nussbaumstr 7, 80336 Munich, Germany
Schizophr Res 67:175-83. 2004....
- Cincinnati criteria for mixed mania and suicidality in patients with acute maniaTetsuya Sato
Psychiatrische Klinik und Poliklinik, , , Germany
Compr Psychiatry 45:62-9. 2004..Manic patients with suicidality may have a greater severity of residual depressive symptoms at discharge...
- The impact of duration of untreated psychosis and premorbid functioning on outcome of first inpatient treatment in schizophrenic and schizoaffective patientsRonald Bottlender
Department of Psychiatry, Ludwig Maximilians University, Nussbaumstr 7, 80336 Munich, Germany
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 252:226-31. 2002..The aim of the study was to investigate the association between the duration of untreated psychosis, premorbid functioning and outcome from first inpatient treatment in schizophrenic or schizoaffective patients...
- Evidence of depressive mixed statesTetsuya Sato
Am J Psychiatry 162:193-4; author reply 194. 2005
- Negative symptoms in depressed and schizophrenic patients: how do they differ?Ronald Bottlender
Department of Psychiatry, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
J Clin Psychiatry 64:954-8. 2003..nonenduring) can help to improve their specificity for schizophrenia...
- Mixed depressive features predict maniform switch during treatment of depression in bipolar I disorderRonald Bottlender
Department of Psychiatry, Ludwig-Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
J Affect Disord 78:149-52. 2004..Further validation studies on mixed depression are warranted...
- Genetic variations in tryptophan hydroxylase in suicidal behavior: analysis and meta-analysisDan Rujescu
Division of Molecular Neurobiology, Department of Psychiatry, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Biol Psychiatry 54:465-73. 2003..The most widely studied genetic variations in the TPH gene, which are located in intron 7, yielded conflicting results in individual studies on suicide-related behavior...
- Summer birth and deficit schizophreniaRonald Bottlender
Am J Psychiatry 160:594-5; author reply 595-6. 2003
- Does considering duration of negative symptoms increase their specificity for schizophrenia?Ronald Bottlender
Schizophr Res 60:321-2. 2003
- Coping measurement and the state effect of depression and anxiety in psychiatric outpatientsToru Uehara
Department of Neuropsychiatry, University of Gunma Faculty of Medicine, Maebashi, Japan
Psychopathology 35:48-51. 2002..The results of this study suggest that depressive or anxiety symptoms and treatment phase affect coping measurement...