- Sand M, Bechara F, Sand D, Gambichler T, Hahn S, Bromba M, et al. Long-noncoding RNAs in basal cell carcinoma. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:10595-608 pubmed publisher..BCC showed a significantly altered lncRNA and mRNA expression profile. Dysregulation of previously described lncRNAs may play a role in the molecular pathogenesis of BCC and should be subject of further analysis. ..
- Sand M, Bechara F, Gambichler T, Sand D, Bromba M, Hahn S, et al. Circular RNA expression in cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma. J Dermatol Sci. 2016;83:210-8 pubmed publisher..This study showed that circRNAs are differentially expressed in cSCC and play an important role in tumor formation by interfering with cSCC relevant miRNAs through miRNA sequence complementary MREs participating in epigenetic control. ..
- Sand M, Hessam S, Amur S, Skrygan M, Bromba M, Stockfleth E, et al. Expression of oncogenic miR-17-92 and tumor suppressive miR-143-145 clusters in basal cell carcinoma and cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma. J Dermatol Sci. 2017;86:142-148 pubmed publisher..This study marks the first evidence for the participation of members of the miR-17-92 cluster in cSCC and miR-143-145 cluster in BCC. ..
- Sand M, Sand D, Boorboor P, Mann B, Altmeyer P, Hoffmann K, et al. Combination of surgical excision and custom designed silicon pressure splint therapy for keloids on the helical rim. Head Face Med. 2007;3:14 pubmed..We report a case of a large ear keloid on the helical rim which was successfully treated with surgery and a custom designed silicon pressure clip...
- Sand M, Boorboor P, Sand D, Altmeyer P, Mann B, Bechara F. Bilateral cheek-to-nose advancement flap: an alternative to the paramedian forehead flap for reconstruction of the nose. Acta Chir Plast. 2007;49:67-70 pubmed..The bilateral cheek-to-nose advancement flap is a reliable tool in the interventional portfolio of the reconstructive surgeon...
- Sand M, Gambichler T, Skrygan M, Sand D, Scola N, Altmeyer P, et al. Expression levels of the microRNA processing enzymes Drosha and dicer in epithelial skin cancer. Cancer Invest. 2010;28:649-53 pubmed publisher..05). We observed dysregulation of Drosha and Dicer expression in epithelial tumors when compared to healthy control samples. Therefore, we favor the hypothesis that miRNAs are involved in the carcinogenesis of epithelial skin cancer. ..
- Sand M, Skrygan M, Sand D, Georgas D, Hahn S, Gambichler T, et al. Expression of microRNAs in basal cell carcinoma. Br J Dermatol. 2012;167:847-55 pubmed publisher..This study identified several miRNA candidates that may play a role in the molecular pathogenesis of BCC. ..