- Trauma prevalence and somatoform symptoms: are there specific somatoform symptoms related to traumatic experiences?Martin Sack
Department of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technical University Munich, Munich, Germany
J Nerv Ment Dis 195:928-33. 2007..Descriptive data analysis revealed specific elevations of symptom frequencies for pseudoneurological symptoms and for symptoms associated with discomfort or dysfunction in sexual organs...
- [Trauma-related disorders in patients with borderline personality disorders. Results of a multicenter study]M Sack
Klinik fur Psychosomatische Medizin und Psychotherapie, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Langerstrasse 3, Munich, Germany
Nervenarzt 84:608-14. 2013..There is current controversy about the diagnostic overlap between personality disorders and trauma-related disorders...
- Association of nonsexual and sexual traumatizations with body image and psychosomatic symptoms in psychosomatic outpatientsMartin Sack
Department of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitaet Muenchen, 81675 Munich, Germany
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 32:315-20. 2010..Violations of body self-boundaries (e.g., sexual traumatizations during childhood) could alter the development of a coherent body image and promote symptoms of dissociation and somatization...
- Alterations in autonomic tone during trauma exposure using eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)--results of a preliminary investigationMartin Sack
Klinikum rechts der Isar, Department of Psychosomatic Medicine, Technical University Munich, Langerstrasse 3, 81675 Munich, Germany
J Anxiety Disord 22:1264-71. 2008..These findings suggest that EMDR is associated with patterns of autonomic activity associated with substantial psycho-physiological de-arousal over time...
- Event-related potentials and EMDR treatment of post-traumatic stress disorderFriedhelm Lamprecht
Department of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Neurosci Res 49:267-72. 2004..Moreover, psychometric assessment revealed a marked improvement of the PTSD symptoms after treatment...
- Low respiratory sinus arrhythmia and prolonged psychophysiological arousal in posttraumatic stress disorder: heart rate dynamics and individual differences in arousal regulationMartin Sack
Department of Psychosomatic Medicine, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, Hannover D 30625, Germany
Biol Psychiatry 55:284-90. 2004..To date, no studies have investigated associations between cardiac vagal tone and the time course of arousal during exposure to trauma-related stimuli in posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)...
- Vulnerability and salutogenesis in health and diseaseFriedhelm Lamprecht
Department of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Public Health Rev 31:7-21. 2003..There is enough empirical evidence, of which only a small part is presented here, to support this claim...
- Brief psychodynamic interpersonal psychotherapy for patients with multisomatoform disorder: randomised controlled trialH Sattel
Department of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Germany
Br J Psychiatry 200:60-7. 2012..Patients with multisomatoform disorder are commonly found at all levels of healthcare and are typically difficult to treat for physicians as well as for mental health specialists...
- [Assessment of complex PTSD - internal and external validity of a diagnostic interview]Katja Boroske-Leiner
Klinikum rechts der Isar der TU Munchen, Klinik und Poliklinik fur Psychosomatische Medizin und Psychotherapie
Psychother Psychosom Med Psychol 58:192-9. 2008..The present study reports first data regarding the internal validity of the I-kPTBS as well as on the external validity of the diagnosis of complex PTSD...
- [Individualized therapy goals and treatment efficacy--a follow-up study one year after inpatient psychotherapy]Martin Sack
Abteilung Psychosomatik und Psychotherapie der Medizinischen Hochschule Hannover, Carl Neuberg Str 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Z Psychosom Med Psychother 49:63-73. 2003..This result leads us to the conclusion that the continuous evaluation of therapy goals during treatment seems to be a good instrument for quality management, but it is not suitable for the evaluation of treatment outcome...
- Posttraumatic stress disorder revisitedFriedhelm Lamprecht
Department of Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Strasse, D 30625 Hannover, Germany
Psychosom Med 64:222-37. 2002..Moreover, we point out the direction in which research is desperately needed and ought to develop...
- [Changes of body image and body awareness in eating-disorder and non eating-disorder patients after inpatient-therapy]Martin Sack
Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Abteilung Psychosomatik und Psychotherapie
Psychother Psychosom Med Psychol 52:64-9. 2002..Our results show, that the body image questionnaire FKB-20 discriminates well between healthy and psychosomatically diseased patients and is a suitable instrument for process- and outcome-evaluation...