Affiliation: Saarland University
- Depletion of intracellular calcium stores activates a calcium conducting nonselective cation current in mouse pancreatic acinar cellsE Krause
2 Physiologisches Institut, Universitat des Saarlandes, D 66421, Homburg Saar, Germany
J Biol Chem 271:32523-8. 1996..This entry pathway differs from the previously described ICRAC (Hoth, M., and Penner, R. (1992) Nature 355, 353-356) in its ion-selectivity, pharmacological profile, and single-channel conductance...
- Intracellular localization and in vivo trafficking of p24A and p23R Blum
Institute of Physiology II, Medical Biochemistry and Department of Anatomy, University of the Saarland, D 66421 Homburg Saar, Germany
J Cell Sci 112:537-48. 1999..This study therefore gives new insights into the localization and trafficking behavior of the two COPI-binding proteins p24A and p23...
- A comparative study of rat and human Tmp21 (p23) reveals the pseudogene-like features of human Tmp21-IIJ Hörer
Institute of Physiology II, University of the Saarland, Saar, Germany
DNA Seq 10:121-6. 1999..Our data indicate that hum-Tmp21-II is transcribed, but not translated. We conclude that Tmp21-II cDNA derives from a neutral pseudogene, which originates from a duplication event of the human Tmp21-isoform-I...
- Tmp21 and p24A, two type I proteins enriched in pancreatic microsomal membranes, are members of a protein family involved in vesicular traffickingR Blum
Institute of Physiology II, Medical Biochemistry, University of the Saarland, 66421 Homburg Saar, Germany
J Biol Chem 271:17183-9. 1996..This leads us to conclude that the receptor-like Tmp21 and p24A are involved in vesicular targeting and protein transport...
- IP(3)and cyclic ADP-ribose induced Ca(2+) release from intracellular stores of pancreatic acinar cells from rat in primary cultureA Gobel
Universitat des Saarlandes, Physiologisches Institut, Homburg Saar, Germany
Cell Calcium 29:29-37. 2001..One type possessing both cADPr receptors and IP(3)receptors, a second type possessing only IP(3)receptors, and a third type whose Ca(2+)can be released by ionomycin but neither by IP(3)nor by cADPr...
- Inwardly rectifying, voltage-dependent and resting potassium currents in rat pancreatic acinar cells in primary cultureA Schmid
Physiologisches Institut, Universitat des Saarlandes, Homburg Saar, Germany
J Physiol 504:259-70. 1997..The same effects could be produced when the cells were uncoupled by 0.2-1.0 mM n-octanol. It can be concluded that cell coupling is essential for maintenance of stable resting membrane potentials in pancreatic acinar cells...