Jan Uwe Schreiber
Affiliation: Saarland University
- Postoperative myalgia after succinylcholine: no evidence for an inflammatory originJan Uwe Schreiber
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care Medicine, University of the Saarland, Homburg, Germany
Anesth Analg 96:1640-4, table of contents. 2003..In conclusion, there is no evidence for an inflammatory origin of succinylcholine-associated myalgia...
- [Neuromuscular rest blockades after a single dose of a mid-term muscle relaxant]J U Schreiber
Klinik für Anästhesiologie und Intensivmedizin, Universitatsklinikum des Saarlandes, Homburg Saar
Anaesthesist 53:1006-8. 2004
- Prevention of succinylcholine-induced fasciculation and myalgia: a meta-analysis of randomized trialsJan Uwe Schreiber
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, University Hospital of the Saarland, Homburg, Germany
Anesthesiology 103:877-84. 2005..The risk of potentially serious adverse events with muscle relaxants is not negligible. Data that allow for a risk-benefit assessment are lacking for other drugs...
- Does preoperatively administered parecoxib prevent succinylcholine-associated myalgia? A randomized, placebo-controlled trialJ U Schreiber
University Hospital of the Saarland, Department of Anaesthesia and Critical Care Medicine, Homburg, Germany
Eur J Anaesthesiol 23:332-7. 2006..We tested the influence of a preoperatively administered selective cyclooxygenase 2 inhibitor, parecoxib, on postoperative myalgia...
- [Neuromuscular blockades. Agents, monitoring and antagonism]J U Schreiber
Klinik fur Anasthesiologie, Intensivmedizin und Schmerztherapie, Universitatsklinikum des Saarlandes, 66421 Homburg Saar
Anaesthesist 55:1225-35; quiz 1236. 2006..Therefore, the monitoring of neuromuscular recovery plays an important role in the prevention of postoperative complications due to residual paralysis. In case of residual paralysis, cholinesterase inhibitors are suitable for reversal...
- Pretreatment before succinylcholine for outpatient anesthesia?Thomas Mencke
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care Medicine, University of the Saarland, Saar, Germany
Anesth Analg 94:573-6; table of contents. 2002..However, in most patients, pretreatment was associated with muscle weakness before loss of consciousness. Thus, there is no convincing evidence supporting routine pretreatment with succinylcholine...
- Airway injuries after one-lung ventilation: a comparison between double-lumen tube and endobronchial blocker: a randomized, prospective, controlled trialHeike Knoll
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, University Hospital of the Saarland, Germany
Anesthesiology 105:471-7. 2006..The current study was designed to assess the impact of these techniques for one-lung ventilation on the incidence and severity of postoperative hoarseness, vocal cord lesions, and sore throat...
- Rocuronium is not associated with more vocal cord injuries than succinylcholine after rapid-sequence induction: a randomized, prospective, controlled trialThomas Mencke
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, University of Rostock, Rostock Germany
Anesth Analg 102:943-9. 2006..The incidence and severity of ST and myalgia were not increased in the patients receiving succinylcholine. However, the rate of PH and VCI was similar to the rocuronium group...