Affiliation: Saarland University
- [Multiple sclerosis and Epstein-Barr virus : new developments and perspectives]K Ruprecht
Institut fur Virologie, Haus 47, Universitatsklinikum des Saarlandes, 66421, Homburg Saar, Deutschland
Nervenarzt 79:399-407. 2008....
- Human endogenous retrovirus family HERV-K(HML-2) RNA transcripts are selectively packaged into retroviral particles produced by the human germ cell tumor line Tera-1 and originate mainly from a provirus on chromosome 22q11.21Klemens Ruprecht
Institut fur Virologie, Universitatsklinikum des Saarlandes, Haus 47, 66421 Homburg Saar, Germany
J Virol 82:10008-16. 2008....
- Lack of immune responses against multiple sclerosis-associated retrovirus/human endogenous retrovirus W in patients with multiple sclerosisKlemens Ruprecht
Institute for Virology, Saarland University Hospital, Homburg Saar, Germany
J Neurovirol 14:143-51. 2008..While this may be due to immunological tolerance of physiologically expressed HERV-W proteins, strategies other than measurement of immune responses will be required to further elucidate the relationship between MSRV/HERV-W and MS...
- An N-terminally truncated envelope protein encoded by a human endogenous retrovirus W locus on chromosome Xq22.3Christina Roebke
Institut fur Virologie, Gebäude 47, Universitatsklinikum des Saarlandes, 66421 Homburg, Germany
Retrovirology 7:69. 2010..We set out to characterize the protein encoded by that ORF...
- Analysis of transcribed human endogenous retrovirus W env loci clarifies the origin of multiple sclerosis-associated retrovirus env sequencesGeorg Laufer
Institute of Virology, Saarland University Hospital, Homburg, Germany
Retrovirology 6:37. 2009..Syncytin-1 and the putative MSRV Env protein have been involved in the pathogenesis of MS. The origin of MSRV and its precise relation to HERV-W were hitherto unknown...
- Interaction of human immunodeficiency virus gp120 with the voltage-gated potassium channel BEC1Madeleine Herrmann
Institute of Virology, Building 47, University of Saarland Medical School, 66421 Homburg Saar, Germany
FEBS Lett 584:3513-8. 2010..BEC1 protein was found to be expressed in T cells and macrophages, the major target cells of HIV-1. Thus, gp120/BEC1 interaction may be involved in HIV-1 life cycle and/or pathogenesis...
- Frequency analysis of HLA-B7-restricted Epstein-Barr virus-specific cytotoxic T lymphocytes in patients with multiple sclerosis and healthy controlsFelix Gronen
Clinical Research Group for Multiple Sclerosis and Neuroimmunology, Department of Neurology, Julius Maximilians Universitat Wurzburg, 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
J Neuroimmunol 180:185-92. 2006..These data do not support the hypothesis that EBV could play a role in MS by inducing quantitatively altered EBV-specific CTL responses. Other pathogenic mechanisms for EBV in MS remain to be elucidated...
- Human endogenous retrovirus (HERV)-W ENV and GAG proteins: physiological expression in human brain and pathophysiological modulation in multiple sclerosis lesionsHervé Perron
bioMerieux, R and D, Chemin de l orme, 69280 Marcy l Etoile, France
J Neurovirol 11:23-33. 2005..This is compatible with a pathophysiological role in MS, but also illustrates the ambivalence of such HERV antigens, which can be expressed in cell-specific patterns, under physiological or pathological conditions...
- Regulation of human endogenous retrovirus W protein expression by herpes simplex virus type 1: implications for multiple sclerosisKlemens Ruprecht
Department of Neurology, Clinical Research Unit for Multiple Sclerosis and Neuroimmunology, Wurzburg, Germany
J Neurovirol 12:65-71. 2006....
- Exposure to infant siblings during early life and risk of multiple sclerosisKlemens Ruprecht
JAMA 293:2089; author reply 2089-90. 2005
- Symptomatic hyperekplexia in a patient with multiple sclerosisKlemens Ruprecht
Clinical Research Unit for Multiple Sclerosis and Neuroimmunology, Department of Neurology, Julius Maximilians University, Josef Schneider Strasse 11, 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
Neurology 58:503-4. 2002