- Clinical multiphoton tomography
Faculty of Mechatronics and Physics, Saarland University, Campus, 66123 Saarbrucken, Germany
J Biophotonics 1:13-23. 2008
..So far, more than 500 patients and volunteers in Europe, Asia, and Australia have been investigated with these novel molecular imaging tools...
- Multiphoton excitation characteristics of cellular fluorophores of human skin in vivo
Hans Georg Breunig
JenLab GmbH, Campus A1 2, 66123 Saarbrucken, Germany
Opt Express 18:7857-71. 2010
..The analysis of the measurements is supplemented by additional measurements of fluorescence lifetime imaging and signal-decay curves by time-correlated single-photon counting...
- Combined in vivo multiphoton and CARS imaging of healthy and disease-affected human skin
Hans Georg Breunig
JenLab GmbH, Campus D1 2, 66123 Saarbrucken, and Schillerstr 1, 07745, Jena, Germany
Microsc Res Tech 75:492-8. 2012
..As an example for medical imaging, we investigated healthy and psoriasis-affected human skin with both image modalities in vivo and found indications for different lipid distributions on the cellular level...
- High-resolution multiphoton cryomicroscopy
JenLab GmbH, Schillerstrasse 1, 07745 Jena, Germany Department of Biophotonics and Laser Technology, Saarland University, Campus A5 1, 66123 Saarbrucken, Germany Electronic address
Methods 66:230-6. 2014
..Furthermore, fluorescence lifetime imaging revealed an increase of the mean lifetime with a decrease in temperature. Non-destructive, label-free optical biopsies of biomaterial in ice can be obtained with sub-20 mW mean powers...
- Nanosurgery of cells and chromosomes using near-infrared twelve-femtosecond laser pulses
Department of Biophotonics and Laser Technology, Saarland University, Campus A51, 66123 Saarbruecken, Germany
J Biomed Opt 17:101502. 2012
..These studies demonstrate the potential of extreme ultrashort femtosecond laser pulses at low mean milliwatt powers for sub-100 nm surgery of cells and cellular organelles...
- Multiphoton imaging of freezing and heating effects in plant leaves
Hans Georg Breunig
JenLab GmbH, Science Park 2, Campus D 1 2, 66123 Saarbrucken, Germany and Schillerstr 1, 07745 Jena, Germany
J Biophotonics 6:622-30. 2013
..The measurements illustrate the suitability of multiphoton imaging to investigate thermally-induced changes at temperatures used for cryopreservation as well as for basic investigations of thermal effects on plant tissue in general...
- Multiphoton tomography visualizes collagen fibers in the tumor microenvironment that maintain cancer-cell anchorage and shape
AntiCancer Inc, San Diego, CA, USA
J Cell Biochem 114:99-102. 2013
..These results suggest a new paradigm for a stromal element of tumors: their role in maintaining anchorage and shape of cancer cells that may enable them to proliferate...
- Clinical application of multiphoton tomography in combination with high-frequency ultrasound for evaluation of skin diseases
JenLab GmbH, Schillerstraße 1, 07745 Jena and Campus A1 2, 66123 Saarbrucken, Germany
J Biophotonics 3:759-73. 2010
..The combination of ultrasound and MPT opens novel synergistic possibilities in diagnostics of skin diseases with a special focus on the early detection of skin cancer as well as the evaluation of treatments...
- Applications of multiphoton tomographs and femtosecond laser nanoprocessing microscopes in drug delivery research
Department of Biophotonics and Laser Technology, Saarland University, Saarbruecken, Germany
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 63:388-404. 2011
..These diverse applications highlight the capacity for multiphoton tomography and femtosecond laser nanoprocessing tools to advance drug delivery research...