Affiliation: RWTH Aachen
- Metabolism of 4-n-nonylphenol by non-modified and CYP1A1- and CYP1A2-transgenic cell cultures of tobaccoAngelika Berger
Institute of Biology V, Aachen University, Germany
Z Naturforsch C 60:883-92. 2005....
- Metabolism of the environmental estrogen bisphenol A by plant cell suspension culturesB Schmidt
Department of Biology V, Technical University Aachen, Germany
Chemosphere 49:51-9. 2002....
- Biotransformation of [ring-U-14C]4-n-nonylphenol by Agrostemma githago cell culture in a two-liquid-phase systemBurkhard Schmidt
Department of Biology V Ecology, Ecotoxicology, Ecochemistry, RWTH Aachen University, Worringerweg 1, 52056 Aachen, Germany
Biotechnol Lett 25:1375-81. 2003..The method proved to be suitable for the production of primary metabolites of 4-n-nonylphenol on a larger scale for identification purposes and for metabolic profiling of the compound...
- Fate in soil of 14C-sulfadiazine residues contained in the manure of young pigs treated with a veterinary antibioticBurkhard Schmidt
Institute of Biology V Environmental Research, RWTH Aachen University, Worringerweg 1, Aachen, Germany
J Environ Sci Health B 43:8-20. 2008..The majority of the non-extractable residues appeared to be due to stable covalent binding to soil organic matter...
- Comparison of the biotransformation of the 14C-labelled insecticide carbaryl by non-transformed and human CYP1A1-, CYP1A2-, and CYP3A4-transgenic cell cultures of Nicotiana tabacumBurkhard Schmidt
Institute of Biology V, Chair Ecology Ecotoxicology Ecochemistry, RWTH Aachen University, Worringerweg 1, D 52056 Aachen
Chem Biodivers 3:878-96. 2006..Data obtained from the CYP1A1, CYP1A2, or CYP3A4 Bactosomes agreed with those of the P450-transgenic tobacco cells. Problems with GC/EI-MS analysis of carbaryl and its metabolites are discussed...
- Oxidative metabolic profiling of xenobiotics by human P450s expressed in tobacco cell suspension culturesB Schmidt
Institute of Biology V, RWTH Aachen University, Worringerweg 1, 52056 Aachen, Germany
Biochem Soc Trans 34:1241-5. 2006..A summary of basic results is provided; these are discussed regarding application of the method for screening of the oxidative metabolism of xenobiotics and the large-scale production of metabolites...
- Metabolism of the nonylphenol isomer [ring-U-14C]-4-(3',5'-dimethyl-3'-heptyl)-phenol by cell suspension cultures of Agrostemma githago and soybeanBurkhard Schmidt
Department of Biology V Ecology, Ecotoxicology, Ecochemistry, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
J Environ Sci Health B 39:533-49. 2004..It was concluded that plants contribute to the environmental degradation of the xenoestrogen nonylphenol; the toxicological properties of side-chain hydroxylated nonylphenols remain to be examined...
- Utility of Nicotiana tabacum cell suspension cultures expressing human CYP1A1, CYP1A2 and CYP3A4 to study the oxidative metabolism of the herbicide 14C-fluometuronMaren Anne Breuer
Institute for Environmental Research Bio V, RWTH Aachen University, D 52056 Aachen, Germany
Drug Metab Lett 3:18-27. 2009..Additionally, the P450-transgenic cultures proved to be valuable tools to produce large amounts of metabolites for thorough identification...
- Characterization of non-extractable ¹⁴C- and ¹³C-sulfadiazine residues in soil including simultaneous amendment of pig manureThorsten Junge
Institute of Environmental Research, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
J Environ Sci Health B 46:137-49. 2011..The ¹³C-SDZ study was performed for 30 d; humic acids were examined by ¹³C-NMR. A signal (100-150 ppm) was referred to ¹³C-SDZ. SEC and ¹³C-NMR demonstrated rapid integration of SDZ into humics...
- Metabolism of methoxychlor by the P450-monooxygenase CYP6G1 involved in insecticide resistance of Drosophila melanogaster after expression in cell cultures of Nicotiana tabacumNicole Joussen
Institute for Environmental Research Biology V, RWTH Aachen University, Worringerweg 1, D 52056 Aachen
Chem Biodivers 7:722-35. 2010..Furthermore, treating Drosophila with piperonyl butoxide could weaken the observed resistance phenomena...
- Metabolism of imidacloprid and DDT by P450 CYP6G1 expressed in cell cultures of Nicotiana tabacum suggests detoxification of these insecticides in Cyp6g1-overexpressing strains of Drosophila melanogaster, leading to resistanceNicole Joussen
Institute of Biology V, RWTH Aachen University, Worringerweg 1, D 52056 Aachen, Germany
Pest Manag Sci 64:65-73. 2008..melanogaster are resistant to a wide range of chemically diverse insecticides, including DDT and imidacloprid. However, up to now there has been no evidence that the CYP6G1 enzyme metabolises any of these compounds...
- Biotransformation of atrazine in transgenic tobacco cell culture expressing human P450Maren Bode
Department of Biology V Ecology Ecotoxicology Ecochemistry, Aachen University, 52056 Aachen, Germany
Pest Manag Sci 60:49-58. 2004..The extent of metabolism was considerably higher than in non-transformed cell cultures. The transgenic cell cultures can therefore be suitable tools for the production of large quantities of primary oxidised pesticide metabolites...
- Investigation on the chemical structure of nonextractable residues of the fungicide cyprodinil in spring wheat using 13C-C1-phenyl-cyprodinil on 13C-depleted plants-an alternative approach to investigate nonextractable residuesTanya Ertunc
Department of Biology V Environmental Chemistry, Technical University of Aachen, Aachen, Germany
J Environ Sci Health B 39:689-707. 2004..The 13C-label introduced was probably incorporated in the polymer as natural lignin monomers and thus are not considered as bound residues according to IUPAC definition...
- Occurrence of a nitro metabolite of a defined nonylphenol isomer in soil/sewage sludge mixturesMarkus J H Telscher
RWTH Aachen University, Institute for Environmental Research Biology V, Worringerweg 1, 52056 Aachen, Germany
Environ Sci Technol 39:7896-900. 2005..This novel metabolite was identified as 4-(3,5-dimethyl-3-heptyl)-2-nitrophenol. This product formation might indicate the existence of novel metabolic pathways of nonylphenol in the environment...
- Distribution, fate and formation of non-extractable residues of a nonylphenol isomer in soil with special emphasis on soil derived organo-clay complexesPatrick Riefer
Institute of Geology and Geochemistry of Petroleum and Coal, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
J Environ Sci Health B 46:394-403. 2011..On the other hand, a shift of these residues from the clay fraction to other soil fractions was observed, implying a dynamic behavior of incorporated residues, which may result in bioaccessibility of the NER of nonylphenol...
- Incorporation mechanisms of a branched nonylphenol isomer in soil-derived organo-clay complexes during a 180-day experimentPatrick Riefer
Institute of Geology and Geochemistry of Petroleum and Coal, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
Environ Sci Technol 47:7155-62. 2013..g., humic matter fractionation, (13)C-CP/MAS NMR, sequential chemical degradation) it was possible to provide a comparatively detailed insight into the incorporation behavior of the applied NP isomer. ..
- Comparison of microbial pyrene and benzo[a]pyrene mineralization in liquid medium, soil slurry, and soilKerstin Derz
Department of Ecology, Ecotoxicology, and Ecochemistry, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
J Environ Sci Health B 41:471-84. 2006..Mineralization of benzo[a]pyrene in sand slurries was lower compared to soil slurries (19% in sand slurries vs. 32% in soil slurries within 50 days)...
- Synthesis of branched para-nonylphenol isomers: occurrence and quantification in two commercial mixturesAlexander S Russ
Department of Environmental Science Biology V, Aachen Technical University, Worringerweg 1, D 52056 Aachen, NRW, Germany
Chemosphere 60:1624-35. 2005..The analyses revealed that all obtained isomers are occurring in different quantities in both commercial NP mixtures...
- Bioavailability of a nonylphenol isomer in dependence on the association to dissolved humic substancesR Vinken
Institut für Biologie V Umweltanalytik, RWTH Aachen, Worringerweg 1, D 52056 Aachen, Germany
Water Sci Technol 50:277-83. 2004..It was assumed that the association between nonylphenol and humic acids occurs rapidly and is reversible. Thus, the formation of "labile" complexes did not influence biodegradation rates, which were quite low...
- Degradation of the radioactive and non-labelled branched 4(3',5'-dimethyl 3'-heptyl)-phenol nonylphenol isomer by sphingomonas TTNP3P F X Corvini
Department of Environmental Engineering ISA, RWTH Aachen University, Mies van der Rohe Strasse 1, D 52074 Aachen, Germany
Biodegradation 15:9-18. 2004..Besides the parent 14C-p353NP, no other radioactive compounds, i.e. metabolites of 14C-p353NP were detected in the media...
- Contribution to the Detection and Identification of Oxidation Metabolites of Nonylphenol in Sphingomonas sp. strain TTNP3P F X Corvini
Institute of Environmental Research Biology V, RWTH Aachen University, Worringerweg 1, D 52056 Aachen, Germany
Biodegradation 18:233-45. 2007..e. 4(3',5'-dimethyl-3'-heptyl)-resorcinol and 4(3',5'-dimethyl-3'-heptyl)-catechol and their comparative analyses with the intermediates of the degradation of 4(3',5'-dimethyl-3'-heptyl)-phenol are presented...
- Microbial degradation of a single branched isomer of nonylphenol by Sphingomonas TTNP3P F X Corvini
Department of Biology 5, Aachen University, Worringerweg 1, 52074 Aachen, Germany
Water Sci Technol 50:189-94. 2004..No other radioactive compounds were detected beside the parent isomer. Radioactive metabolites were only found in the intracellular fraction of S. TTNP3...
- Characterization of the bound residues of the fungicide cyprodinil formed in plant cell suspension cultures of wheatMelanie Sapp
Department of Biology V, RWTH Aachen University, D 52056 Aachen, Germany
Pest Manag Sci 60:65-74. 2004..However, none of the 13C NMR spectra recorded gave utilizable or unambiguous results, and all exhibited large inconsistencies, especially concerning the data from the conventional 14C experiment...
- A correlation between the fate and non-extractable residue formation of 14C-metalaxyl and enzymatic activities in soilJens Botterweck
a Institute for Environmental Research, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
J Environ Sci Health B 49:69-78. 2014....
- Chlorinated isomers of nonylphenol differ in estrogenic and androgenic activityPaola G Cormio
Institute of Environmental Research, Aachen, Germany
J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng 46:329-36. 2011....
- Metabolic fate of the (14)C-labeled herbicide clodinafop-propargyl in soilJasmin Jaquet
a Institute of Biology V Environmental Research, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
J Environ Sci Health B 49:245-54. 2014..The bacterium was characterized by growth on commonly used carbon sources and by 16S rDNA sequence analysis. The sequence exhibited high similarity with that of Rhodococcus wratislaviensis (99.56%; DSM 44107, NCIMB 13082). ..
- Biotransformation of metamitron by human p450 expressed in transgenic tobacco cell culturesMaren Bode
Bayer CropScience AG, BCS RD D MEF, Monheim, Germany
J Environ Sci Health B 41:201-22. 2006..The transgenic cell cultures expressing human CYP1A1 or CYP1A2 are thus suitable tools for the production of large quantities of primary oxidized metabolites of metamitron...
- Optical resolution of oriented enantiomers via photodissociation: quantum model simulations for H2POSDLeticia Gonzalez
Institut fur Chemie und Biochemie, Freie Universitat Berlin, Takustrasse 3, 14195 Berlin, Germany
Phys Chem Chem Phys 7:4096-101. 2005..The model simulations are performed using wavepackets which propagate on two dimensional potential energy surfaces, calculated along the chirality and dissociation reaction coordinates using the CASSCF level of theory...
- Biodistribution and kinetics of (131)I-labelled anti-CD20 MAB IDEC-C2B8 (rituximab) in relapsed non-Hodgkin's lymphomaKlemens Scheidhauer
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Nuklearmedizin, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Ismaninger Strasse 22, 81675 Munich, Germany
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 29:1276-82. 2002..The therapeutic activities of (131)I-labelled rituximab required to deliver similar doses should be lower than those of its murine counterpart...