Affiliation: RWTH Aachen
- Prevalence of pituitary deficiency in patients after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhageIlonka Kreitschmann-Andermahr
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital Aachen, D 52074 Aachen, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:4986-92. 2004..In summary, neuroendocrine dysfunction was identified in a substantial portion of patients with previous aneurysmal SAH and should be borne in mind as a potential long-term sequel of the illness...
- Effect of ketamine on the neuromagnetic mismatch field in healthy humansI Kreitschmann-Andermahr
Department of Psychiatry, Friedrich Schiller University, D 07740 Jena, Germany
Brain Res Cogn Brain Res 12:109-16. 2001....
- Habituation of the auditory evoked field component N100m in male patients with schizophreniaT Rosburg
Department of Psychiatry, University of Jena, Philosophenweg 3, D 07740, Jena, Germany
J Psychiatr Res 34:245-54. 2000..However, this difference was related to medication with clozapine. Overall, the habituation behaviour of the N100m seems to be undisturbed in schizophrenic patients...
- Hemispheric differences in frequency dependent dipole orientation of the human auditory evoked field component N100mT Rosburg
Department of Psychiatry, Jena University, Germany
Neurosci Lett 258:105-8. 1998..The left hemispheric dipoles were orientated on average 10.8 degrees more vertically for the 5000 Hz condition. This result points to interhemispheric differences on the level of sensory processing...
- Health-related quality of life after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: impacts of bleeding severity, computerized tomography findings, surgery, vasospasm, and neurological gradeB O Hütter
Department of Neurosurgery, Aachen University of Technology, Germany
J Neurosurg 94:241-51. 2001..Therefore, the present study was performed to evaluate whether bleeding, acute clinical course, and surgery have persistent effects on health-related quality of life (QOL) after SAH...
- Variation of the baseline characteristics and treatment parameters over time: an analysis of 15 years of growth hormone replacement in adults in the German KIMS databaseI Kreitschmann-Andermahr
Department of Neurosurgery, RWTH Aachen University, Pauwelsstrase 30, 52074, Aachen, Germany
Pituitary 15:S72-80. 2012..They highlight that approach to therapy and patient inclusion criteria change over time and may represent an important confounder for any analysis in epidemiological surveillance surveys...
- The German database on hypopituitarism after traumatic brain injury and aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage - description, objectives and designI Kreitschmann-Andermahr
Department of Neurosurgery, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 119:15-20. 2011..This is the first report of the registry describing goals, organization, methodology, funding and the descriptive data of the first 1,242 patients entered until November 20th, 2008...
- Spatio-temporal source imaging reveals subcomponents of the human auditory mismatch negativity in the cingulum and right inferior temporal gyrusT D Waberski
Department of Neurology, University Hospital Aachen, Pauwelsstrasse 30, D 52057 Aachen, Germany
Neurosci Lett 308:107-10. 2001..Evidence for an additional right inferior temporal generator supports the hypothesis of right hemispheric dominance in early sound discrimination...
- Diagnosing neuroendocrine dysfunction in patients after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage in clinical practice - does basal hormone screening make sense?I Kreitschmann-Andermahr
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital RWTH Aachen, Germany
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 116:276-81. 2008..In summary we conclude that basal hormone screening is not sufficient to identify SAH patients with impaired hypothalamo-pituitary function, at least not in the context of clinical routine practice...
- Growth hormone deficient patients after traumatic brain injury--baseline characteristics and benefits after growth hormone replacement--an analysis of the German KIMS databaseI Kreitschmann-Andermahr
Department of Neurosurgery, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
Growth Horm IGF Res 18:472-8. 2008..The aim of the present study was to characterize adult TBI patients with GHD to elucidate the effect of human growth hormone (hGH) replacement in TBI patients as documented in the German Pfizer International Metabolic (KIMS) database...
- The dipole location shift within the auditory evoked neuromagnetic field components N100m and mismatch negativity (MMNm)T Rosburg
Department of Psychiatry, Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Philosophenweg 3, D 07743 Jena, Germany
Clin Neurophysiol 115:906-13. 2004..To investigate whether within the latency range of the neuromagnetic mismatch negativity (MMNm) a similar dipole shift can be observed as found in previous studies for the auditory evoked field component N100m...
- Influence of intraventricular hemorrhage on outcome after rupture of intracranial aneurysmL Mayfrank
Department of Neurosurgery, Medical Faculty of the University of Technology RWTH, Aachen, Germany
Neurosurg Rev 24:185-91. 2001..The clinical outcome after aneurysm rupture is at least in part determined by the severity of IVH. Knowledge of the effect of IVH may help guide physicians in the care of patients with aneurysmal bleeding...
- High-energy phosphates in the frontal lobe correlate with Wisconsin Card Sort Test performance in controls, not in schizophrenics: a 31phosphorus magnetic resonance spectroscopic and neuropsychological investigationH P Volz
Department of Psychiatry, University of Jena, Germany
Schizophr Res 31:37-47. 1998..This association was not found in schizophrenics, possibly due to the influence of neuroleptic medication or the disease process per se...
- Blunted serum and enhanced salivary free cortisol concentrations in the chronic phase after aneurysmal subarachnoid haemorrhage--is stress the culprit?E M Poll
Department of Neurosurgery, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
Stress 16:153-62. 2013..Enhanced free cortisol concentrations may reflect a meaningful biological coping mechanism in SAH patients...
- Pituitary deficiency following aneurysmal subarachnoid haemorrhageI Kreitschmann-Andermahr
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital, Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 74:1133-5. 2003....
- Measurement of motor evoked potentials following repetitive magnetic motor cortex stimulation during isoflurane or propofol anaesthesiaV Rohde
Department of Neurosurgery, Technical University RWTH Aachen, Germany
Br J Anaesth 91:487-92. 2003..Repetition of the magnetic stimulus (repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation, rTCMS) might allow the inhibition caused by anaesthesia with isoflurane or propofol to be overcome...
- The awakened intraspinal glass shardM F Oertel
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital, RWTH Aachen University, Pauwelsstrasse 30, Aachen, Germany
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 151:99-101. 2009....
- [Posttraumatic pituitary insufficiency]I Kreitschmann-Andermahr
Neurochirurgische Klinik, Universitätsklinikum der RWTH Aachen
MMW Fortschr Med 147:58-9. 2005..Even after a mild cranio-cerebral trauma, disturbances in the pituitary function can occur that fundamentally influence the posttraumatic progress...