Affiliation: RWTH Aachen
- Bladder wall replacement by tissue engineering and autologous keratinocytes in minipigsBernhard Brehmer
Urological Clinic, University Clinic, Rheinisch Westfälische Technical University of Aachen, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52074 Aachen, Germany
BJU Int 97:829-36. 2006....
- Different types of scaffolds for reconstruction of the urinary tract by tissue engineeringBernhard Brehmer
Department of Urology, University Clinic Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Urol Int 78:23-9. 2007..We examined different scaffolds to select the ideal material for the reconstruction of the bladder wall by tissue engineering...
- Expression of matrix metalloproteinases (MMP-2 and -9) and their inhibitors (TIMP-1 and -2) in prostate cancer tissueB Brehmer
Clinic of Urology, University Clinic Aachen, Germany
Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis 6:217-22. 2003..The observed imbalance of MMP and TIMP is mainly caused by a loss of TIMP-1. Furthermore, palpable tumours demonstrated significantly more MMP-2 and significantly less MMP-9 expression than nonpalpable tumours...
- Perioperative morbidity of the extended radical perineal prostatectomyB Brehmer
University Clinic of Urology, , Aachen, Germany
Eur Urol 40:139-43. 2001..Since the rate of positive surgical margins in pT3 tumors is low (21%) and iatrogenic positive margins in pT2 tumors are avoided, this type of prostatectomy should be performed in case a potency sparing procedure is not indicated...
- 'UroMaix' scaffolds: novel collagen matrices for application in tissue engineering of the urinary tractC Becker
Department of Urology, University Hospital and Medical Faculty, RWTH Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Int J Artif Organs 29:764-71. 2006..The elastomeric properties of the collagenous matrices promise attractive applications in the tissue engineering of the urinary tract with its high mechanical demands...
- [Urgency after successful treatment of prostate cancer. Prospective study on the influence of treatment modality, morbidity, and epidemiological factors on the quality of life]R Kirschner-Hermanns
Kontinenzzentrum, Urologische Klinik, RWTH, Universitatsklinikum Aachen, Pauwelsstrase 30, Aachen, Germany
Urologe A 50:1412-9. 2011..The aim of this prospective study was to investigate factors influencing long-term health-related quality of life (HRQoL) in patients treated for prostate cancer with no signs of tumor relapse...
- [Expanded, radical perineal prostatectomy]G Jakse
Urologische Klinik, Universitatsklinikum, RWTH Aachen
Urologe A 39:455-62. 2000..In case potency preservation is not considered, the extended, radical perineal prostatectomy with the above mentioned modifications should be considered to guarantee a low rate of surgical margins...
- [Potency-sparing radical perineal prostatectomy]G Jakse
Urologische Klinik, Universitatsklinikum, Rheinisch Westfälische Technische Universität, Aachen
Urologe A 42:382-6. 2003..The short-term results after unilateral nerve-sparing perineal prostatectomy are encouraging. Since the neurovascular bundle can be exposed very well, interposition of sural nerve should be considered...
- Radical prostatectomy in patients with previous groin hernia repair using synthetic nonabsorbable meshH Borchers
Urologic Clinic, University Clinic of RWTH Aachen, Pauwelsstrasse 30, D-52057 Aachen, Germany
Urol Int 67:213-5. 2001..CONCLUSION: Radical perineal prostatectomy is suggested to be the optimal approach in patients with previous bilateral groin hernia repair using synthetic, nonabsorbable meshes...
- [Optimizing treatment of advanced testicular germ cell tumors]D Pfister
Klinik für Urologie, Universitatsklinikum Aachen, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52074, Aachen, Deutschland
Urologe A 49:1120, 1121-3. 2010....
- Bilateral renal fornix rupture following intraarterial contrast medium application for infrarenal aortic stent placementPascal Niggemann
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, RWTH Aachen University Hospital, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52057 Aachen, Germany
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 29:157-9. 2006..The further course was uneventful and the patient was discharged 2 weeks later free of symptoms. Renal fornix rupture is a very rare complication after contrast medium application that can be treated without surgery...
- Percutaneous radiofrequency ablation for treatment of recurrent retroperitoneal liposarcomaSebastian Keil
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital, RWTH Aachen University, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52074 Aachen, Germany
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 31:S213-6. 2008..Thus, we considered RFA as the most suitable treatment option. Monopolar RFA was performed in a single session with a 2-cm umbrella-shaped LeVeen probe. During a 27-month follow-up period the patient remained free of tumor...
- Permanent 125I-seed brachytherapy or radical prostatectomy: a prospective comparison considering oncological and quality of life resultsHolger Borchers
Urological Clinic, Rheinisch-Westfalisch Technical University, Aachen, Germany
BJU Int 94:805-11. 2004..As approximately 18% of patients considered to be appropriate candidates for BT had tumours extending beyond the prostate capsule or invading the seminal vesicles, nomograms are needed for more accurate information before therapy...
- Renal radiofrequency ablation in a patient with an internal cardioverter defibrillatorAndreas H Mahnken
J Vasc Interv Radiol 17:1858-9. 2006
- [Pro percutaneous-ablative tumor therapy]Bernhard Brehmer
Aktuelle Urol 38:101-3. 2007
- Endosew: new device for laparoscopic running suturesBernhard Brehmer
Urological Clinic, University Clinic, Rheinisch Westfälische Technical University Aachen, Aachen, Germany
J Endourol 22:307-11. 2008..Therefore, to improve the quality and reduce the time to place running sutures, we developed a new sewing device for laparoscopic use...
- Efficacy of unilateral nerve sparing in radical perineal prostatectomyBernhard Brehmer
Urological Clinic, University Clinic, Rheinisch-Westfalische Technische Hochschule Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Urol Int 74:308-14. 2005..However, the quality of erections is decreased, even in patients with erections sufficient for intercourse. Hence, appropriate sexual counseling in conjunction with medical therapy should be offered to all patients...