Affiliation: RWTH Aachen
- Exercise testing and training in German CF centersMichael Barker
Department of Pediatrics, University Medical Center of Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Pediatr Pulmonol 37:351-5. 2004..Supplementary material for this article can be found on the Pediatric Pulmonology website (http//www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/8755-6863/suppmat)...
- Effect of DNase on exercise capacity in cystic fibrosisMichael Barker
Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital RWTH, Aachen, Germany
Pediatr Pulmonol 38:70-4. 2004..We conclude that improvement of exercise performance with DNase is restricted to a subgroup of CF patients and may not be predicted or identified by spirometry and subject report alone...
- Prevalence of thrombophilia and catheter-related thrombosis in cystic fibrosisMichael Barker
Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital, University of Technology Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Pediatr Pulmonol 39:156-61. 2005..It may thus be helpful to include a hemostatic evaluation in the clinical decision process for or against TIVAD insertion in eligible CF patients...
- Volatile organic compounds in the exhaled breath of young patients with cystic fibrosisM Barker
Dept of Paediatrics, University of Technology RWTH Medical Center, Aachen, Germany
Eur Respir J 27:929-36. 2006..It was concluded that chemical breath analysis for volatile organic compounds is feasible and may hold potential for the noninvasive diagnosis and follow-up of inflammatory processes in cystic fibrosis lung disease...
- Value of virtual tracheobronchoscopy and bronchography from 16-slice multidetector-row spiral computed tomography for assessment of suspected tracheobronchial stenosis in childrenDagmar Honnef
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital RWTH Aachen, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52057 Aachen, Germany
Eur Radiol 16:1684-91. 2006..To evaluate the value of dose-reduced 16-slice multidetector-row spiral computed tomography (16-MDCT) using virtual tracheobronchoscopy (VTB) and virtual bronchography (VBG) in children with suspected tracheobronchial stenosis...
- Coinheritance of Gilbert syndrome-associated UGT1A1 mutation increases gallstone risk in cystic fibrosisHermann E Wasmuth
Department of Medicine III, University Hospital Aachen, Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
Hepatology 43:738-41. 2006..This genetic association supports the current concept for gallstone formation in CF and suggests that genetic and exogenous sources contributing to hyperbilirubinbilia might be lithogenic in CF patients...
- An evaluation of a single chest physiotherapy treatment on mechanically ventilated patients with acute lung injuryMichael Barker
Guy s and St Thomas NHS Trust, London, UK
Physiother Res Int 7:157-69. 2002..The aim of the present study was to further understanding of the effects of three modes of treatment in chest physiotherapy in an acute lung injury patient group...
- Toxicity of the chlordane metabolite oxychlordane in female rats: clinical and histopathological changesGenevieve Bondy
Toxicology Research Division, Postal Locator 2204D2, Food Directorate, Health Products and Food Branch, Health Canada, Ottawa, Ontario, Ontario, Canada K1A 0L2
Food Chem Toxicol 41:291-301. 2003..Thus, ingestion of trans-nonachlor and related chlordane contaminants in foods results in the formation of a metabolite that is more toxic and bioaccumulative than the parent contaminants...