Affiliation: Ruhr-University Bochum
- Thick legs - not always lipedemaStefanie Reich-Schupke
Department of Dermatology, Venereology and Allergology, University of Bochum, Germany
J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 11:225-33. 2013..Obesity is an important risk factor for the severity and prognosis of lipedema. Further studies for a better understanding of the pathogenesis of lipedema and in the end possible curative treatments are urgently needed...
- Foam sclerotherapy with enoxaparin prophylaxis in high-risk patients with postthrombotic syndromeStefanie Reich-Schupke
Department of Dermatology, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany
Vasa 42:50-5. 2013..But often such patients have an indication for a sclerotherapy. Recommendations for additional anticoagulation for sclerotherapy are missing...
- Sclerotherapy in an undetected pregnancy - a catastrophe?S Reich-Schupke
Vein Centre of the Departments of Dermatology and Vascular Surgery, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany
Vasa 41:243-7. 2012..According to the current data, there is no reason for an interruption after a sclerotherapy that has been conducted during undetected pregnancy...
- Compression therapy in elderly and overweight patientsStefanie Reich-Schupke
Department of Dermatology, Vein Centre Dept of Dermatology and Vascular Surgery, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany
Vasa 41:125-31. 2012..The aim of the analysis was to examine if there are differences in the use of compression therapy depending on age and BMI...
- Insufficient and incomplete shaving in chronic venous leg ulcers leads to a poor prognosis of the skin graft: a histomorphological analysisStefanie Reich-Schupke
Department of Dermatology, Ruhr University Bochum, Bochum, Germany
Dermatology 223:87-92. 2011..The surgical treatment for therapy-resistant venous leg ulcers is shave therapy with mesh graft transplantation...
- Impact on wound healing and efficacy of various leg ulcer debridement techniquesMartin Doerler
Department of Dermatology, Venereology and Allergology, Vein Center, Departments of Dermatology and Vascular Surgery, University of Bochum, Hiltroper Landwehr 11 13, Bochum
J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 10:624-32. 2012..To evaluate the evidence on the impact of different debridement techniques on healing and their efficacy in the treatment of leg ulcers...
- What do we know of post-thrombotic syndrome? Current status of post-thrombotic syndrome in adultsStefanie Reich-Schupke
Department of Dermatology and Allergy, University of Bochum, Germany
J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 8:81-7. 2010..As PTS is a chronic and often progressive disease, patients need regular clinical follow-up and encouragement to continuously wear their compression therapy. New strategies for treating PTS are needed...
- Decorin expression with stump recurrence and neovascularization after varicose vein surgery--a pilot studyStefanie Reich-Schupke
Vein Centre, Department of Dermatology, Hiltroper Landwehr, Bochum, Germany
Dermatol Surg 37:480-5. 2011..Decorin, an extracellular matrix component, is up-regulated in angiogenesis with antiangiogenetic effects on neovascularization...
- Review of published information on foam sclerotherapyMarkus Stucker
Department of Dermatology and Vascular Surgery, Vein Centre Ruhr University Bochum, St Maria Hilf Hospital, Bochum, Germany
Dermatol Surg 36:983-92. 2010..New data on foam sclerotherapy of varicose veins has been recently published...
- Ascending thrombophlebitis after foam sclerotherapy as first symptom of breast cancerStephan Kobus
Vein Center, Ruhr University Bochum in St Maria Hilf Hospital, Hiltroper Landwehr 11 13, Bochum Gerthe D 44805, Germany
J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 7:239-40. 2009..5% for small varicose veins of both lower legs. A few days later an unknown advanced breast cancer was diagnosed. This case shows that not only venous thromboses but also thrombophlebitis can be a warning sign for malignancy...
- Off-label use in dermatology in Germany: what has changed since 2004Norbert H Brockmeyer
Klinik für Dermatologie und Allergologie der Ruhr Universität Bochum, Bochum
J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 7:938-45. 2009..There is an urgent need for more legal certainty in use of off-label medication to guarantee maximum safety for patients and medical staff. Both professional societies and funding agencies should work together to resolve this problem...
- Efficacy and comfort of medical compression stockings with low and moderate pressure six weeks after vein surgeryStefanie Reich-Schupke
Department of Dermatology, Venerology and Allergology, Ruhr University Bochum, Bochum, Germany
Phlebology 29:358-66. 2014..A prospective, randomized study to evaluate efficacy, safety, and comfort of thigh-high, round knitted medical compression stockings (MCSs) with different pressure six weeks after vein surgery...
- Occlusion rate, venous symptoms and patient satisfaction after radiofrequency-induced thermotherapy (RFITT®): are there differences between the great and the small saphenous veins?Martin Doerler
1 Department of Dermatology, Venereology and Allergology, Ruhr University Bochum, Vein Center of the Departments of Dermatology and Vascular Surgery Bochum, Germany
Vasa 44:203-10. 2015..The aim of this study was to evaluate the efficacy, clinical improvement and patient satisfaction after radiofrequency-induced thermotherapy (RFITT®) with regard to the treated vein...
- MRSA in dermatology - Prospective epidemiological study in employees and patients of a dermatological department of a university hospitalStefanie Reich-Schupke
Department of Dermatology, Ruhr University Bochum, Bochum, Germany
J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 8:607-13. 2010..In recent years, the prevalence of MRSA has increased worldwide. There is a lack of systematic epidemiological studies evaluating the prevalence of MRSA in dermatology in Germany...
- Resting pressure exerted by round knitted moderate-compression stockings on the lower leg in clinical practice--results of an experimental studyStefanie Reich-Schupke
Department of Dermatology and Allergology, Ruhr University Bochum, Bochum, Germany
Dermatol Surg 35:1989-97. 2009..Medical compression stockings (MCSs) can be divided into different classes based on ankle pressure...
- Nomenclature of the veins of the lower limbs - current standardsStefanie Reich-Schupke
University of Bochum, Germany
J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 9:189-94. 2011..Misleading designations and deficits of communication put the correct diagnostics at risk and provoke mistakes of treatment...
- Eradication of MRSA in chronic wounds of outpatients with leg ulcers is accelerated by antiseptic washes--results of a pilot studyStefanie Reich-Schupke
Department of Dermatology, Vein Centre of the Departments of Dermatology and Vascular Surgery of the Ruhr University Bochum, Bochum, Germany
Int J Hyg Environ Health 213:88-92. 2010..Antiseptic measurements, even administered by the patients themselves, seem to have a positive influence. Their efficacy has to be proven in larger, placebo-controlled studies for outpatient eradication...