- [Anesthesia for carotid artery surgery. Is there a gold standard?]T Rossel
Klinik für Anästhesiologie und Intensivmedizin, Universitatsklinikum Dresden, Fetscherstrasse 74, 01307 Dresden
Anaesthesist 57:115-30. 2008..The purpose of the review is to highlight the characteristics and goals of anesthetic management during CEA...
- Combination of high-resolution ultrasound-guided perivascular regional anesthesia of the internal carotid artery and intermediate cervical plexus block for carotid surgeryThomas Rössel
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, Dresden University of Technology, Dresden, Germany
Ultrasound Med Biol 39:981-6. 2013..Because of the low rate of intra-operative supplementation, we conclude that the described ultrasound-guided perivascular anesthesia technique is effective for carotid artery surgery...
- Modifying the baricity of local anesthetics for spinal anesthesia by temperature adjustment: model calculationsAxel R Heller
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, Dresden, Germany
Anesthesiology 105:346-53. 2006....
- Precision of traditional approaches for lumbar plexus block: impact and management of interindividual anatomic variabilityAxel R Heller
Clinic of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Carl Gustav Carus University Hospital, University of Technology, Dresden, Germany
Anesthesiology 111:525-32. 2009..These methods may be inaccurate in many cases. The aim of this study was to determine the accuracy of these traditional approaches and determine if modifications could increase their accuracy...
- Perfluorohexane vapor has only minor effects on spatial pulmonary blood flow distribution in isolated rabbit lungsMatthias Hübler
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Technical University Dresden, Germany
Anesth Analg 100:1122-8. 2005..However, in the PFH group a tendency towards redistribution of (Qrel) to more ventral lung areas was noted. Our results suggest that PFH vapor has no significant effects on redistribution of (Qrel) in isolated rabbit lungs...
- Omega-3 fatty acids improve liver and pancreas function in postoperative cancer patientsAxel R Heller
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, University of Technology, Dresden, Germany
Int J Cancer 111:611-6. 2004..1 +/- 2.2 kg was absent in the FO group. After major abdominal tumor surgery, FO supplementation improved liver and pancreas function, which might have contributed to the faster recovery of patients...