- Measuring prostate-specific quality of life in prostate cancer patients scheduled for radiotherapy or radical prostatectomy and reference men in Germany and Canada using the Patient Oriented Prostate Utility Scale-Psychometric (PORPUS-P)Annika Waldmann
Institute of Cancer Epidemiology, University Luebeck, Beckergrube 43 47, 23552 Luebeck, Germany
BMC Cancer 9:295. 2009....
- [The German HTA report: orchiectomy versus LH-RH analogues in the treatment of advanced prostate carcinoma: are there any consequences for the daily health service?]V Rohde
Klinik und Poliklinik für Urologie und Kinderurologie, Universitätsklinikum Marburg und Giessen, Standort Giessen, Giessen
Aktuelle Urol 39:448-55. 2008..These results are discussed in the context of primary, neoadjuvant, adjuvant and intermittent hormone deprivation...
- Prescription practice for LH-RH analogs and androgen receptor antagonists in the treatment of advanced prostate cancer in Germany (1993-2003)Volker Rohde
Department of Urology and Pediatric Urology, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Giessen, Germany
Urol Int 77:311-6. 2006....
- Economical data and advanced prostate carcinoma: do we need new guidelines for decision making?Volker Rohde
Clinic of Urology, Justus Liebig University of Giessen, D 35393 Giessen, Germany
Oncol Rep 9:1185-8. 2002..However, they must be complimented by validated data of quality of life, which can than be a basis for new guidelines of decision making...
- Giant urethral diverticulum: unusual complication following ventral buccal mucosa onlay graft urethroplastyJörg Miller
Department of Urology and Pediatric Urology, Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
Urol Int 77:368-70. 2006..We report on the case of a 63-year-old man who developed a giant diverticulum of the urethra 1 year after a ventral buccal mucosa onlay graft urethroplasty for recurrent bulbar urethral strictures had been worked out...
- Validation of the German prostate-specific moduleBeate Bestmann
Reference Center Quality of Life in Oncology, Department of General and Thoracic Surgery, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Germany
World J Urol 24:94-100. 2006..The German PSM is a reliable, valid and applicable tool for QoL in patients with prostate cancer...
- Gender differences in quality of life of patients with rectal cancer. A five-year prospective studyChristian E Schmidt
Department of General and Thoracic Surgery, University Clinic of Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Arnold Heller Str 7, Kiel, 24105, Germany
World J Surg 29:1630-41. 2005..Female gender is associated with significantly higher fatigue levels and increased strain values after surgery. Through impaired sexual enjoyment, men are put more under strain than woman...
- Telomerase activity and telomerase subunit gene expression levels are not related in prostate cancer: a real-time quantification and in situ hybridization studyJoern Kamradt
Clinic of Urology and Pediatric Urology, University of the Saarland, Homburg Saar, Germany
Lab Invest 83:623-33. 2003..Because in situ hybridization revealed strong hTERT expression in all cells of the tumor glands but also in high-grade prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia foci, this up-regulation seems to occur early in prostate carcinogenesis...
- Analysis of microdissected prostate tissue with ProteinChip arrays--a way to new insights into carcinogenesis and to diagnostic toolsAxel Wellmann
Institute of Pathology, University of Bonn, D 53127 Bonn, Germany
Int J Mol Med 9:341-7. 2002..e. between clinically significant and insignificant carcinomas of the prostate...