W H Rogowski
- Concepts of 'personalization' in personalized medicine: implications for economic evaluationWolf Rogowski
Helmholtz Zentrum MÃ¼nchen, Institute of Health Economics and Health Care Management, IngolstÃ¤dter Landstr 1, 85764, Neuherberg, Germany
Pharmacoeconomics 33:49-59. 2015..This study assesses if, and how, existing methods for economic evaluation are applicable to the evaluation of personalized medicine (PM) and, if not, where extension to methods may be required...
- What is personalized medicine: sharpening a vague term based on a systematic literature reviewSebastian Schleidgen
Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Institute of Ethics, History and Theory of Medicine, Munich, Germany
BMC Med Ethics 14:55. 2013..For these reasons it is important to have a shared understanding of PM. In this paper, we present a sufficiently precise as well as adequate definition of PM with the potential of wide acceptance...
- An economic theory of the fourth hurdleW H Rogowski
Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health GmbH, Neuherberg, Germany
Health Econ 22:600-10. 2013..It needs to be complemented by frameworks for analysing fourth hurdle institutions developed by other disciplines such as bioethics or law...
- [Using value of information analysis in decision making about applied research. The case of genetic screening for hemochromatosis in Germany]W H Rogowski
Institut für Gesundheitsökonomie und Management im Gesundheitswesen, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Gesundheit und Umwelt GmbH, 1129, 85758, Neuherberg, Deutschland
Bundesgesundheitsblatt Gesundheitsforschung Gesundheitsschutz 55:700-9. 2012....
- Points to consider in assessing and appraising predictive genetic testsWolf H Rogowski
Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health GmbH, Ingolstadter Landstrasse 1, 85764, Neuherberg, Germany
J Community Genet 1:185-94. 2010..We discuss whether genetic tests are sufficiently exceptional to warrant exceptional methods for assessment and appraisal...
- Systematic review of economic evaluations of human cell-derived wound care products for the treatment of venous leg and diabetic foot ulcersAstrid Langer
Institute of Health Economics and Health Care Management, Munich School of Management, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
BMC Health Serv Res 9:115. 2009..However, they frequently are very costly. Based on a systematic review of the literature, this study assesses the cost-effectiveness of these growth factors and tissue-engineered artificial skin for treating chronic wounds...
- [Decision-analytical modelling of costs per QALY in the context of the German Social Law]W H Rogowski
Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Gesundheit und Umwelt, Neuherberg
Gesundheitswesen 71:739-50. 2009..The methods of evaluation are currently under discussion. This study assesses whether an approach based on decision-analytic cost per QALY modelling fits with the legal requirements set by Book Five of the German Social Code (SGB V)...
- Challenges of translating genetic tests into clinical and public health practiceWolf H Rogowski
Helmholtz Center Munich, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Ingolstadter Landstrasse 1, Neuherberg 85764, Germany
Nat Rev Genet 10:489-95. 2009..We discuss the means to achieve an accelerated translation research agenda that is conducted in a reasonable, fair and efficient manner...
- The cost-effectiveness of screening for hereditary hemochromatosis in Germany: a remodeling studyWolf H Rogowski
Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health Institute of Health Economics and Health Care Management, Neuherberg, Germany
Med Decis Making 29:224-38. 2009..This study synthesizes the most current evidence to examine whether screening in the broader population is cost-effective and to identify the best choice of initial and follow-up screening tests...
- Clearing up the hazy road from bench to bedside: a framework for integrating the fourth hurdle into translational medicineWolf H Rogowski
Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Institute of Health Economics and Health Care Management, PO Box 1129, D 85758 Neuherberg, Germany
BMC Health Serv Res 8:194. 2008..The framework is suitable both for new drugs and other medical technologies...