Affiliation: Robert Koch-Institut
- [Current data and trends about the resistance of Gram-negative pathogens to beta-lactams]Y Pfeifer
FG13 Nosokomiale Infektionen, Robert Koch Institut, Burgstrassse 37, Wernigerode, Germany
Bundesgesundheitsblatt Gesundheitsforschung Gesundheitsschutz 55:1405-9. 2012..coli and K. pneumoniae. The aim of ongoing investigations within the RESET network project is to investigate the dissemination pathways of ESBL-producing bacteria in different settings (e.g. in humans, animals and food)...
- Emergence of OXA-48-type carbapenemase-producing Enterobacteriaceae in German hospitalsYvonne Pfeifer
Robert Koch Institute, Nosocomial Infections, Wernigerode, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 56:2125-8. 2012..Pulsed-field gel electrophoresis typing indicated the clonal transmission of an OXA-48-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae strain in two hospitals...
- Molecular characterization of blaNDM-1 in an Acinetobacter baumannii strain isolated in Germany in 2007Yvonne Pfeifer
Nosocomial Infections, Robert Koch Institute, Burgstraße 37, 38855 Wernigerode, Germany
J Antimicrob Chemother 66:1998-2001. 2011..To investigate the genetic environment of the metallo-β-lactamase gene bla(NDM-1) in an Acinetobacter baumannii isolated in 2007 in a German hospital...
- Surface-associated motility, a common trait of clinical isolates of Acinetobacter baumannii, depends on 1,3-diaminopropaneEvelyn Skiebe
Robert Koch Institute, Wernigerode Branch, D 38855 Wernigerode, Germany
Int J Med Microbiol 302:117-28. 2012..Taken together, surface-associated motility is a common trait of clinical A. baumannii isolates that requires DAP and may play a role in its virulence...
- Presence of β-lactamases in extended-spectrum-cephalosporin-resistant Salmonella enterica of 30 different serovars in Germany 2005-11Christoph Eller
Division of Nosocomial Infections, Robert Koch Institute, Wernigerode, Germany
J Antimicrob Chemother 68:1978-81. 2013..In the present study we identified the β-lactamase genes causing resistance to third-generation cephalosporins in these isolates...
- Resistance to cephalosporins and carbapenems in Gram-negative bacterial pathogensYvonne Pfeifer
Robert Koch Institute, Nosocomial Infections, Wernigerode Branch, Burgstr 37, 38855 Wernigerode, Germany
Int J Med Microbiol 300:371-9. 2010..This mini-review summarizes the historical emergence of beta-lactam resistance and beta-lactamases as major resistance mechanism in enteric bacteria, and also highlights recent developments such as multidrug- and carbapenem resistance...
- Orbus hercynius gen. nov., sp. nov., isolated from faeces of wild boar, is most closely related to members of the orders 'Enterobacteriales' and PasteurellalesMaria Volkmann
Robert Koch Institute, Wernigerode Branch, Wernigerode, Germany
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 60:2601-5. 2010..nov., sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain of the type species is CN3(T) (=DSM 22228(T)=CCUG 57622(T)). Classification of the novel species to the family and order level will require further investigations...