Affiliation: Robert Koch-Institut
- Rotavirus vaccine effectiveness and case-control study on risk factors for breakthrough infections in Germany, 2010-2011Cornelia Adlhoch
Postgraduate Training for Applied Epidemiology, Robert Koch Institute, Berlin, Germany
Pediatr Infect Dis J 32:e82-9. 2013..The effectiveness of RV vaccination was investigated after an unexpectedly high number of RV infections in fully vaccinated children occurred...
- Pandemic influenza A(H1)pdm09 in hospitals and intensive care units - results from a new hospital surveillance, Germany 2009/2010Cornelia Adlhoch
Robert Koch Institute, Department for Infectious Disease Epidemiology, Berlin, Germany
Influenza Other Respi Viruses 6:e162-8. 2012..The pandemic influenza A(H1)pdm09 (PI) was introduced to Germany in April 2009. The Robert Koch Institute (RKI) implemented a nationwide voluntary hospital sentinel surveillance for to assess the burden and severity of PI...
- High HEV presence in four different wild boar populations in East and West GermanyCornelia Adlhoch
Robert Koch Institut, Center for Biological Safety, Nordufer 20, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Vet Microbiol 139:270-8. 2009..Two full-length genomes of subtypes 3i and 3e from two different geographic regions were generated. The wild boar is discussed as one of the main sources of human autochthonous infections in Germany...
- High prevalence of porcine Hokovirus in German wild boar populationsCornelia Adlhoch
Robert Koch Institut, Centre for Biological Security ZBS1, Nordufer 20, Berlin, Germany
Virol J 7:171. 2010..The German PHoV sequences from wild boars showed a close relationship with sequences of isolates from Hong Kong...
- Highly sensitive detection of the group A Rotavirus using Apolipoprotein H-coated ELISA plates compared to quantitative real-time PCRCornelia Adlhoch
Robert Koch Institute, Center for Biological Security ZBS1, Nordufer 20, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Virol J 8:63. 2011..In order to demonstrate that this is a valid approach we show detection of group A rotaviruses from stool samples as a proof of principle for a new method of capture ELISA that should also be applicable to other viruses...
- Improved pig donor screening including newly identified variants of porcine endogenous retrovirus-C (PERV-C)Danny Kaulitz
Centre of HIV and Retrovirology, Robert Koch Institute, Nordufer 20, 13353, Berlin, Germany
Arch Virol 158:341-8. 2013..Whereas in all 125 wild boar only the new variant of PERV-C was found, different variants were present in some landrace pigs, and most importantly, some pigs were totally free of PERV-C...
- Diversity of parvovirus 4-like viruses in humans, chimpanzees, and monkeys in hunter-prey relationshipsCornelia Adlhoch
Robert Koch Institute, Berlin, Germany
Emerg Infect Dis 18:859-62. 2012..All sequences identified formed species- or subspecies (chimpanzee)-specific clusters, which supports a co-evolution hypothesis...