Affiliation: Research Institute for the Biology of Farm Animals
- Vanselow J, Fürbass R, Tiemann U. Cultured bovine trophoblast cells differentially express genes encoding key steroid synthesis enzymes. Placenta. 2008;29:531-8 pubmed publisher..The cells represent an in vitro model to study the regulation of key genes of placental progesterone and androgen but not of oestrogen biosynthesis. ..
- Vanselow J, Fürbass R. The bovine genome contains three differentially methylated paralogous copies of the P450c17 encoding gene (CYP17A1). Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2011;170:475-9 pubmed publisher..From these data we conclude that the bovine genome contains three paralogous copies of the CYP17A1 gene, of which two (CYP17A1b and CYP17A1x) might be silenced by epigenetic modification (promoter methylation). ..
- Vanselow J, Zsolnai A, Fesus L, Fürbass R, Schwerin M. Placenta-specific transcripts of the aromatase encoding gene include different untranslated first exons in sheep and cattle. Eur J Biochem. 1999;265:318-24 pubmed
- Vanselow J, Pohland R, Fürbass R. Promoter-2-derived Cyp19 expression in bovine granulosa cells coincides with gene-specific DNA hypo-methylation. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2005;233:57-64 pubmed..The data suggest that promoter-2-derived high-level expression but not promoter-1.1-derived low-level expression of Cyp19 might be controlled by cell-type-specific DNA methylation. ..
- Yenuganti V, Vanselow J. Cultured bovine granulosa cells rapidly lose important features of their identity and functionality but partially recover under long-term culture conditions. Cell Tissue Res. 2017;368:397-403 pubmed publisher..We conclude that only long-term culture conditions (>4 days) allow the cells to recover from plating stress and to re-acquire characteristic granulosa cell features. ..
- Yenuganti V, Vanselow J. Oleic acid induces down-regulation of the granulosa cell identity marker FOXL2, and up-regulation of the Sertoli cell marker SOX9 in bovine granulosa cells. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2017;15:57 pubmed publisher..This novel mechanism may be causally involved in postpartum fertility problems of lactating dairy cows. ..
- Vanselow J, Fürbass R, Rehbock F, Klautschek G, Schwerin M. Cattle and sheep use different promoters to direct the expression of the aromatase cytochrome P450 encoding gene, Cyp19, during pregnancy. Domest Anim Endocrinol. 2004;27:99-114 pubmed..1 derived transcripts. Contrary to the bovine, the sheep corpus luteum also showed considerable P1.5 derived expression. This demonstrates that cattle and sheep use different promoters to direct Cyp19 expression during pregnancy. ..
- Vanselow J, Fürbass R, Zsolnai A, Kalbe C, Said H, Schwerin M. Expression of the aromatase cytochrome P450 encoding gene in cattle and sheep. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2001;79:279-88 pubmed..The co-localisation of an E-box element within one of the placenta-specific HS suggests that this element is important for Cyp19 expression in the bovine placenta. ..