Affiliation: Research Institute of Child Nutrition
- Promotion and provision of drinking water in schools for overweight prevention: randomized, controlled cluster trialRebecca Muckelbauer
Research Institute of Child Nutrition, Department of Dietary Behavior, Heinstueck 11, D 44225 Dortmund, Germany
Pediatrics 123:e661-7. 2009..The study tested whether a combined environmental and educational intervention solely promoting water consumption was effective in preventing overweight among children in elementary school...
- A simple dietary intervention in the school setting decreased incidence of overweight in childrenRebecca Muckelbauer
Research Institute of Child Nutrition Dortmund, Germany
Obes Facts 2:282-5. 2009..The study analyzed the effect of a combined environmental and educational intervention solely promoting water consumption on the incidence of overweight among school children...
- Relative validity of a self-completion 24 h recall questionnaire to assess beverage consumption among schoolchildren aged 7 to 9 yearsRebecca Muckelbauer
Research Institute of Child Nutrition FKE Dortmund, Rheinische Friedrich Wilhems University of Bonn, Heinstueck 11, D 44225 Dortmund, Germany
Public Health Nutr 13:187-95. 2010..Therefore, we validated a self-completion 24 h recall questionnaire (RQ) focusing on beverage consumption with a 24 h weighed record (WR)...
- Long-term process evaluation of a school-based programme for overweight preventionR Muckelbauer
Research Institute of Child Nutrition Dortmund, Dortmund, Germany
Child Care Health Dev 35:851-7. 2009..Process evaluation and long-term surveillance are necessary to evaluate the feasibility and sustainability of the intervention programme in a school setting...
- Immigrational background affects the effectiveness of a school-based overweight prevention program promoting water consumptionRebecca Muckelbauer
Research Institute of Child Nutrition Dortmund, Rheinische Friedrich Wilhelms University of Bonn, Dortmund, Germany
Obesity (Silver Spring) 18:528-34. 2010..Different beverage consumption, among other lifestyle factors, may account for this effect but scientific discussion remains open...