- Current trends of 24-h urinary iodine excretion in German schoolchildren and the importance of iodised salt in processed foodsSimone A Johner
Research Institute of Child Nutrition, Rheinische Friedrich Wilhelms Universitat Bonn, Dortmund, Germany
Br J Nutr 106:1749-56. 2011..Because of the generally known risks for cognitive impairment due to even mild iodine deficits in children, a more widespread use of iodised salt, especially in industrially processed foods, has to be promoted...
- [Time trends and seasonal variation of iodine content in German cow's milk--investigations from Northrhine-Westfalia]Simone A Johner
Forschungsinstitut für Kinderernährung Dortmund
Berl Munch Tierarztl Wochenschr 125:76-82. 2012..An appropriate iodine supplementation in foodstuff can be assumed...
- Urinary fructose: a potential biomarker for dietary fructose intake in childrenS A Johner
Research Institute of Child Nutrition FKE Dortmund, Dortmund, Germany
Eur J Clin Nutr 64:1365-70. 2010..Our objective was to investigate 1) whether the fructose biomarker is also applicable in free-living children and 2) for what kind of sugar it is standing for...
- Higher urine volume results in additional renal iodine lossSimone A Johner
Research Institute of Child Nutrition FKE, Dortmund, Germany
Thyroid 20:1391-7. 2010..Therefore, our objective was to investigate whether 24-hour U-Vol (a marker of fluid intake) is also a relevant influencing factor of absolute daily iodine excretion...
- [Iodine deficiency in infancy - a risk for cognitive development]T Remer
Forschungsinstitut für Kinderernährung, Dortmund
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 135:1551-6. 2010....