- [New therapeutic options in chemotherapy of advanced colorectal cancer]P Reimer
Medizinische Poliklinik, Universitat Wurzburg
Med Klin (Munich) 96:593-8. 2001..This is partly due to the high-dose 5-FU regimen, but also to the development of new cytotoxic agents and drug combinations...
- The role of high-dose therapy in peripheral T-cell lymphomasPeter Reimer
Medizinische Poliklinik, University of Wuerzburg, Germany
Clin Lymphoma Myeloma 6:373-9. 2006..Overall, because data on high-dose therapy for PTCL are limited, larger and randomized studies are necessary to definitely confirm the preliminary results...
- [Peripheral T-cell lymphoma: diagnosis and treatment]P Reimer
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik II, Julius Maximilians Universitat
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 131:685-90. 2006..However, the impact of high-dosage strategies and the implementation of newer agents, such as alemtuzumab, in first-line treatment are still uncertain. Hence patients with PTCL should be treated within clinical trials...
- Myeloablative radiochemotherapy followed by autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation as first-line therapy in peripheral T-cell lymphomas: first results of a prospective multicenter studyPeter Reimer
Medizinische Poliklinik, University of Wuerzburg, Klinikstr 6 8, Wuerzburg, Germany
Hematol J 5:304-11. 2004..Our data suggest a substantial impact on outcome, however, longer follow-up is necessary to confirm survival benefit...
- Decreased frequency of HLA-B35 in patients with gastric MALT lymphomaPeter Reimer
Medizinische Poliklinik, Universitaet Wuerzburg, Klinikstrasse 6 8, 97070 Wuerzburg, Germany
Ann Hematol 83:232-6. 2004..Our data suggest a negative association between HLA-B35 and MALT lymphoma; however, larger studies are necessary to confirm a protective role of this HLA antigen...
- What is CD4+CD56+ malignancy and how should it be treated?P Reimer
Medizinische Poliklinik, Universitaet Wuerzburg, Wuerzburg, Germany
Bone Marrow Transplant 32:637-46. 2003..This therapeutic approach should be recommended for eligible patients with CD4+CD56+ malignancy. For older patients the best treatment option is still unknown...
- Cellular and humoral immune reconstitution after autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation (PBSCT)P Reimer
Medizinische Poliklinik, Universitat Wurzburg, Klinikstr 6 8, 97070, Wurzburg, Germany
Ann Hematol 82:263-70. 2003..Therefore, we conclude that persistent viral infections can contribute to the CD8(+) T-cell reconstitution after PBSCT by oligoclonal expansion of antigen-specific memory CD8(+) T cells...
- Subcutaneous panniculitis-like T-cell lymphoma during pregnancy with successful autologous stem cell transplantationP Reimer
Medizinische Poliklinik, University of Wuerzburg, Klinikstr 6 8, 97070, Wuerzburg, Germany
Ann Hematol 82:305-9. 2003..After delivery of a healthy girl, myeloablative radiochemotherapy followed by autologous stem cell transplantation could be performed leading to complete remission...
- Autologous stem-cell transplantation as first-line therapy in peripheral T-cell lymphomas: results of a prospective multicenter studyPeter Reimer
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik II, Universitatsklinikum Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
J Clin Oncol 27:106-13. 2009..Therefore, we initiated the first prospective multicenter study on upfront autoSCT in PTCL and recently reported good feasibility and efficacy of this approach. Here, we present the final analysis of the study...
- Female patient with a history of Hashimoto's thyroiditis, diagnosed with MALT lymphoma of both breastsD M Kraemer
Medizinische Poliklinik, Universitat Wurzburg, Germany
Onkologie 26:277-80. 2003..In her medical history the patient suffered from Hashimoto's thyroiditis. After 6 cycles of chemotherapy with CHOP regimen, the patient achieved complete remission...
- [Antibody treatment in colorectal cancer--what the surgeon needs to know]A Thalheimer
Chirurgische Klinik und Poliklinik I, Zentrum Operative Medizin der Universitätsklinik Würzburg
Zentralbl Chir 133:101-6. 2008....
- Nodal peripheral T-cell lymphomas correspond to distinct mature T-cell populationsE Geissinger
Institute of Pathology, University of Wuerzburg, Wuerzburg, Germany
J Pathol 210:172-80. 2006..In conclusion, AILT and ALCL tumour cells correspond to different subsets of effector cells, while a subset of PTCL-NOS correlates with a non-effector T-cell population...
- Splenectomy in patients with mixed myelodysplastic/myeloproliferative diseaseD Kraemer
Medizinische Poliklinik, University Wurzburg, Germany
Ann Hematol 81:308-11. 2002..Additionally, we indicate the potential positive outcome of splenectomy as ultima ratio in patients with these hematological features and severe thrombopenia...
- ALK- anaplastic large-cell lymphoma is clinically and immunophenotypically different from both ALK+ ALCL and peripheral T-cell lymphoma, not otherwise specified: report from the International Peripheral T-Cell Lymphoma ProjectKerry J Savage
Department of Medical Oncology, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Blood 111:5496-504. 2008..Although the prognosis of ALK(-) ALCL appears to be better than that for PTCL-NOS, it is still unsatisfactory and better therapies are needed. Primary cutaneous ALCL is associated with an indolent course...
- High-dose therapy and autologous stem-cell transplantation in angioimmunoblastic lymphoma: complete remission at transplantation is the major determinant of Outcome-Lymphoma Working Party of the European Group for Blood and Marrow TransplantationCharalampia Kyriakou
University College London, 4 Sentis Court, 8 Carew Rd, Northwood, Middlesex, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 26:218-24. 2008..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of high-dose therapy (HDT) followed by autologous stem-cell transplantation (ASCT) on patients with AITL...
- Identification of the tumor cells in peripheral T-cell lymphomas by combined polymerase chain reaction-based T-cell receptor beta spectrotyping and immunohistological detection with T-cell receptor beta chain variable region segment-specific antibodiesEva Geissinger
Institute of Pathology, University of Wuerzburg, Josef Schneider Strasse 2, D 97080 Wuerzburg, Germany
J Mol Diagn 7:455-64. 2005..The combination of TCRVbeta polymerase chain reaction and immunohistochemistry may facilitate more reliable detection and characterization of tumor cells in PTCL...
- Gammadelta T cells for immune therapy of patients with lymphoid malignanciesMartin Wilhelm
Medizinische Poliklinik Wuerzburg, Julius Maximilians University Wuerzburg, Klinikstrasse 6 8, 97070 Wuerzburg, Germany
Blood 102:200-6. 2003..In conclusion, this clinical trial demonstrates, for the first time, that gammadelta T-cell-mediated immunotherapy is feasible and can induce objective tumor responses...
- Neurocognitive changes in patients with hepatitis C receiving interferon alfa-2b and ribavirinMichael R Kraus
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Medizinische Poliklinik, University of Wurzburg, D 97070 Wurzburg, Germany
Clin Pharmacol Ther 77:90-100. 2005..During antiviral therapy of chronic hepatitis C, patients frequently report impairment of concentration or memory. Therefore we prospectively investigated neurocognitive performance in patients receiving interferon alfa and ribavirin...
- Nodal peripheral T-cell lymphomas and, in particular, their lymphoepithelioid (Lennert's) variant are often derived from CD8(+) cytotoxic T-cellsEva Geissinger
Institute of Pathology, University of Wurzburg, Josef Schneider Strasse 2, 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
Virchows Arch 445:334-43. 2004..In 15 cases, the atypical cells were CD4(-)CD8(-); two cases were CD4(+)CD8(+). Of 17 lymphoepithelioid (Lennert's) lymphomas, 15 expressed CD8, one each was CD4(+) and CD4(-)CD8(-)...
- Nodular lymphocyte-predominant Hodgkin lymphoma with nodules resembling T-cell/histiocyte-rich B-cell lymphoma: differential diagnosis between nodular lymphocyte-predominant Hodgkin lymphoma and T-cell/histiocyte-rich B-cell lymphomaLudmila Boudova
Department of Pathology, Josef Schneider Str 2, D 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
Blood 102:3753-8. 2003..This morphologic pattern suggests a biologic continuum between NLPHL and T/HRBCL...
- Gene transfer in purified human hematopoietic peripheral-blood stem cells by means of electroporation without prestimulationFlorian Weissinger
Medizinische Poliklinik der Julius Maximilians Universität, Wurzburg, Germany
J Lab Clin Med 141:138-49. 2003..One cause for the lack of long-term expression of the heterologous gene in this system was induction of apoptosis in transgenic PBSCs, shown by up-regulation of CD95 (FAS antigen)...
- Stent graft of abdominal aortic aneurysm after renal transplantationHeiner H Wolters
Department of General Surgery, University Hospital Munster, Munster, Germany
Ann Vasc Surg 16:225-7. 2002..The patient had an uneventful recovery with no evidence of renal dysfunction and was discharged in good condition 7 days after stenting. This case demonstrates a useful alternative for the repair of AAA in kidney-grafted patients...
- Evaluation of the time window for Resovist-enhanced T2-weighted MRI of the liverPeter Reimer
Department of Radiology, Stadtisches Klinikum Karlsruhe, Academic Teaching Hospital of the University of Freiburg, Germany
Acad Radiol 9:S336-8. 2002
- Non-occlusive mesenteric ischemia: etiology, diagnosis, and interventional therapyMarkus Trompeter
Department of Radiology, Stadtisches Klinikum Karlsruhe, Academic Teaching Hospital of the University of Freiburg, Moltkestrasse 90, 76133 Karlsruhe, Germany
Eur Radiol 12:1179-87. 2002..It is known that mesenteric vasospasm persists even after correction of the precipitating event. Vasospasm frequently responds to direct intra-arterial vasodilator therapy, which is the only treatment that has been shown to be effective...
- The ACTIVE Trial: comparison of the effects on renal function of iomeprol-400 and iodixanol-320 in patients with chronic kidney disease undergoing abdominal computed tomographyHenrik S Thomsen
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Copenhagen University Hospital, Herlev, Denmark
Invest Radiol 43:170-8. 2008....
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography, intraductal ultrasonography, and magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography in bile duct strictures: a prospective comparison of imaging diagnostics with histopathological correlationDirk Domagk
Department of Medicine B, Gerhard Domagk Institute of Pathology, University of Muenster, Albert Schweitzer Strasse 33, D 48129 Muenster, Germany
Am J Gastroenterol 99:1684-9. 2004....
- Ferucarbotran (Resovist): a new clinically approved RES-specific contrast agent for contrast-enhanced MRI of the liver: properties, clinical development, and applicationsPeter Reimer
Department of Radiology, Stadtisches Klinikum Karlsruhe, Moltkestrasse 90, 76133 Karlsruhe, Germany
Eur Radiol 13:1266-76. 2003....
- Characterization of hepatocellular tumors: value of mangafodipir-enhanced magnetic resonance imagingMartina Scharitzer
Department of Radiology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
J Comput Assist Tomogr 29:181-90. 2005..To assess the value of mangafodipir trisodium-enhanced MR imaging for characterization of hepatocellular lesions...