- Vital staining of fungal elements in deep-seated mycotic lesions during experimental murine mycoses using the parenterally applied optical brightener BlankophorR Rüchel
University of Gottingen, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Bacteriology, Germany
Med Mycol 38:231-7. 2000..There was little evidence for uptake of the dye by non-infected tissues. It is suggested that radioactive labeling may render parenteral Blankophor suitable for radiographic localization of deep-seated mycotic foci in the host...
- Versatile fluorescent staining of fungi in clinical specimens by using the optical brightener BlankophorR Rüchel
Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
J Clin Microbiol 37:2694-6. 1999..The procedure is suitable for disclosing fungi in gram-stained microscopical mounts and can be used for screening of tissue sections prior to immunofluorescence...
- [Fungus detection--a simple method. Screening with optical brighteners]R Rüchel
Abteilung Bakteriologie, Schwerpunkt Mykologie, Hygieneinstitut der Universität Göttingen
Pathologe 25:235-7. 2004..g. blankophor, calcofluor) make it possible to detect fungus cell walls without significant background fluorescence of resident tissue. Mycosis can be detected even in cytological slides after maceration by brighteners...
- A probable cause of paradoxical thrombosis in zygomycosisR Rüchel
Department of Bacteriology, University Hospital, Gottingen, Germany
Mycoses 47:203-7. 2004..Both proteinases were present in the patient at the site of infection, and in vitro they jointly bring about regular clotting of fibrinogen...
- A case of pulmonary aspergillosis with lack of response to caspofunginReinhard Rüchel
Department of Medical Microbiology, University Hospital of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Rev Iberoam Micol 23:94-6. 2006....
- [Lethal case of chronic necrotizing pulmonary aspergillosis (CNPA)]R Rüchel
Vormals Inst für Medizinische Mikrobiologie, Universitätsklinikum Göttingen, Deutschland
Mycoses 53:3-4. 2010..In spite of nearly six months of itraconzole-therapy, she eventually succumbed to CNPA. Pleurisy may be a typical manifestation of this rare mycosis which is often ill fated...
- Epidemiology and antifungal susceptibilities of Candida spp. to six antifungal agents: results from a surveillance study on fungaemia in Germany from July 2004 to August 2005Margarete Borg-von Zepelin
Institute of Medical Microbiology, National Reference Centre for Systemic Mycoses, University Clinics, Gottingen, Germany
J Antimicrob Chemother 60:424-8. 2007..Data on fungal infections occurring in Germany are rare to date. The aim of the present study was to survey the epidemiological situation in Germany, to provide data on the susceptibility of the fungal isolates to antifungals...