- Brain imaging of visceral functions in healthy volunteers and IBS patientsNora Rapps
Department of Internal Medicine VI Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
J Psychosom Res 64:599-604. 2008..Subsequently, this article will deal with those brain areas activated by visceral stimulation in IBS patients. Special attention will be paid to recently published studies concerning psychological factors and novel research questions...
- [When eating becomes a disease - Binge-eating-disorder as comorbid eating disorder in obesity - Case 07/2009]Nora Rapps
Medizinische Universitätsklinik Tübingen, Abteilung für Psychosomatische Medizin und Psychotherapie, Tubingen
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 134:1872. 2009..A 30-year-old obese female patient with binge eating behaviour, depressive symptoms and poorly regulated diabetes mellitus was admitted to the department of psychosomatic medicine and psychotherapy..
- Olfactory deficits in patients with anorexia nervosaNora Rapps
Department of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, Medical University Hospital Tuebingen, Tuebingen, Germany
Eur Eat Disord Rev 18:385-9. 2010..The question arises if patients with eating disorders have changes in olfactory functions as well. The aim of this study was to compare olfactory functions in patients with AN and controls using the Sniffin' sticks...
- Functional cortical imaging of nausea and vomiting: a possible approachAxel Kowalski
Internal Medicine VI, Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, University Hospital Tubingen, Frondsbergstr 23, D 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Auton Neurosci 129:28-35. 2006..This paper presents a brief outline for a study on the functional imaging of nauseated humans by means of functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI)...
- Gastrointestinal disturbances in eating disorders: clinical and neurobiological aspectsStephan Zipfel
Department of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, University Medical Hospital, Osianderstr 5, 72076 Tuebingen, Germany
Auton Neurosci 129:99-106. 2006..Knowledge of these changes may be of critical importance in avoiding misdiagnosis and successful therapy...
- [Psychotherapy in obesity--a systematic review]Sandra Becker
Abteilung für Psychosomatische Medizin und Psychotherapie, Universitatsklinikum Tubingen, Tubingen
Psychother Psychosom Med Psychol 57:420-7. 2007..More research on effective maintenance programs is called for to further improve care of obese patients; it should lay stronger emphasis on internet-based weight maintenance programs...
- Psychological burden of food allergyMartin Teufel
Department of Internal Medicine VI Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, University of Tubingen, Osianderstrasse 5, D 72076 Tubingen, Germany
World J Gastroenterol 13:3456-65. 2007....
- Vomiting and feeling fat--coincidence of achalasia and bulimia nervosaMartin Teufel
Department of Internal Medicine VI Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, Medical University Hospital, Tubingen, Germany
Int J Eat Disord 42:90-2. 2009..In clinical practice it is often difficult to distinguish between organic and psychological vomiting...
- Localizing and lateralizing language in patients with brain tumors: feasibility of routine preoperative functional MR imaging in 81 consecutive patientsChristoph Stippich
Division of Neuroradiology, Department of Neurology, University of Heidelberg Medical School, Im Neuenheimer Feld 400, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Radiology 243:828-36. 2007..To prospectively assess the feasibility of standardized presurgical functional magnetic resonance (MR) imaging for localizing the Broca and Wernicke areas and for lateralizing language function...