W J Randerath
- [Chronic-obstructive pulmonary disease. Medical treatment]Winfried Randerath
Klinik Ambrock, Klinik fur Pneumologie, Allergologie und Schlafmedizin, Ambrocker Weg 60, 58091
Med Monatsschr Pharm 25:150-8; quiz 158, 168. 2002
- A test for the determination of sustained attention in patients with obstructive sleep apnea syndromeW J Randerath
Klinik Ambrock, Hagen, Department of Pneumology, Allergology and Sleep Medicine, University Witten Herdecke, Witten, Germany
Respiration 67:526-32. 2000....
- An individually adjustable oral appliance vs continuous positive airway pressure in mild-to-moderate obstructive sleep apnea syndromeWinfried J Randerath
Klinik Ambrock, Hagen, Germany
Chest 122:569-75. 2002..We therefore compared an individually adjustable intraoral sleep apnea device (ISAD) that permits movements of the lower jaw in three dimensions, with CPAP in the treatment of patients with an apnea/hypopnea index (AHI) < or = 30/h...
- Efficiency of cold passover and heated humidification under continuous positive airway pressureW J Randerath
Dept of Pneumology, Allergology and Sleep Medicine, University Witten Herdecke, Hagen, Germany
Eur Respir J 20:183-6. 2002..The authors conclude that the use of a heated humidifier during continuous positive airway pressure appreciably increases the relative humidity of the inspired air and reduces the water loss during respiration...
- [Variability of the treatment pressure under continuous positive airway pressure treatment in obstructive sleep apnea syndrome]W Randerath
Klinik Ambrock, Klinik fur Pneumologie, Allergologie und Schlafmedizin, Universitat Witten Herdecke
Pneumologie 56:425-31. 2002..Therefore, we aimed to quantify the pressure variability and its significance in patients with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (OSAS)...
- Autoadjusting CPAP therapy based on impedance efficacy, compliance and acceptanceW J Randerath
Klinik Ambrock, Department of Pneumology, Allergology and Sleep Medicine, University Witten Herdecke, Germany
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 163:652-7. 2001..The treatment pressure can be reduced significantly, and sleep microstructure improved with APAP(FOT). These might be the reasons for patient preference of automatic therapy...
- Comparison of automatic and continuous positive airway pressure in a night-by-night analysis: a randomized, crossover studyWolfgang Galetke
Bethanien Hospital Solingen, Clinic for Pneumology and Allergology, Center for Sleep Medicine and Respiratory Care, Institute for Pneumology, University Witten Herdecke, Solingen, Germany
Respiration 75:163-9. 2008..Long-term compliance is suboptimal in the treatment of the obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (OSAS)...
- Auto-adjusting CPAP based on impedance versus bilevel pressure in difficult-to-treat sleep apnea syndrome: a prospective randomized crossover studyWinfried J Randerath
Department for Pneumology, Allergology and Sleep Medicine, University Witten Herdecke, Germany
Med Sci Monit 9:CR353-8. 2003....
- Tongue-muscle training by intraoral electrical neurostimulation in patients with obstructive sleep apneaWinfried J Randerath
Bethanien Hospital, Clinic for Pneumology and Allergology, Center of Sleep Medicine and Ventilatory Care, University Witten Herdecke, Germany
Sleep 27:254-9. 2004..To investigate the efficacy of tongue-muscle training by electrical neurostimulation of the upper-airway muscles as an alternative therapy option for obstructive sleep apnea syndrome...
- APAP or CPAP: who benefits?Winfried J Randerath
Sleep Med 8:691-2. 2007