Genomes and Genes
- Mutant actins demonstrate a role for unpolymerized actin in control of transcription by serum response factorGuido Posern
Cancer Research UK London Research Institute, Lincoln s Inn Fields Laboratories, Transcription Laboratory, London WC2A 3PX, United Kingdom
Mol Biol Cell 13:4167-78. 2002..Taken together, these results provide strong evidence that G-actin, or a subpopulation of it, plays a direct role in signal transduction to SRF...
- Actin' together: serum response factor, its cofactors and the link to signal transductionGuido Posern
Department of Molecular Biology, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Am Klopferspitz 18, 82152 Martinsried, Germany
Trends Cell Biol 16:588-96. 2006..Here we discuss how the competition among cofactors might integrate these distinct signalling pathways into a specific transcriptional response and biological function...
- Actin-dependent activation of serum response factor in T cells by the viral oncoprotein tipKristin Katsch
Institut fur Klinische und Molekulare Virologie, Friedrich Alexander Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Erlangen, Germany
Cell Commun Signal 10:5. 2012..Independent of Tip, T-cell stimulation orchestrates Src-family kinase, MAPK and actin pathways to induce SRF. These findings establish actin-regulated transcription in human T cells and suggest its role in viral oncogenesis...
- MAL/MRTF-A controls migration of non-invasive cells by upregulation of cytoskeleton-associated proteinsLaura Leitner
AG Regulation of Gene Expression, Department of Molecular Biology, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, 82152 Martinsried, Germany
J Cell Sci 124:4318-31. 2011..We conclude that the actin-MAL pathway promotes adhesive gene expression, including integrin α5, Pkp2 and FHL1, and that this is anti-motile for non-invasive cells harbouring high basal activity...
- Epithelial Protein Lost in Neoplasm alpha (Eplin-alpha) is transcriptionally regulated by G-actin and MAL/MRTF coactivatorsLaura Leitner
AG Regulation of Gene Expression, Department of Molecular Biology, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, D 82152 Martinsried, Germany
Mol Cancer 9:60. 2010..The tumor suppressor Eplin-alpha is thus a novel cytoskeletal target gene transcriptionally regulated by the actin-MAL-SRF pathway, which supports a role in cancer biology...
- E-cadherin regulates MAL-SRF-mediated transcription in epithelial cellsStephan Busche
Department of Molecular Biology, AG Regulation of Gene Expression, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, D 82152 Martinsried, Germany
J Cell Sci 123:2803-9. 2010....
- Myocardin-related transcription factor A regulates expression of Bok and Noxa and is involved in apoptotic signallingDmitry Shaposhnikov
AG Regulation of Gene Expression, Department of Molecular Biology, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Martinsried, Germany
Cell Cycle 11:141-50. 2012..This is accompanied by nuclear accumulation of MRTFs. The results suggest a role for MAL in TNF signaling and implicate the MAL-SRF transcription module in regulating the proapoptotic Bcl-2 family network...
- Negative regulation of the EGFR-MAPK cascade by actin-MAL-mediated Mig6/Errfi-1 inductionArnaud Descot
Department of Molecular Biology, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Martinsried, Germany
Mol Cell 35:291-304. 2009..Our results show the existence of negatively acting transcriptional networks between pro- and antiproliferative signaling pathways toward SRF...
- OTT-MAL is a deregulated activator of serum response factor-dependent gene expressionArnaud Descot
Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Department of Molecular Biology, Martinsried, Germany
Mol Cell Biol 28:6171-81. 2008..Our data suggest that the deregulated activation of MAL-dependent and -independent promoters results in tissue-specific functions of OTT-MAL...
- A nuclear actin function regulates neuronal motility by serum response factor-dependent gene transcriptionSina Stern
Neuronal Gene Expression Laboratory, Department of Molecular Biology, Interfaculty Institute for Cell Biology, Eberhard Karls University Tubingen, Auf der Morgenstelle 15, Tubingen, Germany
J Neurosci 29:4512-8. 2009..Thus, herein we provide first evidence that neuronal motility not only depends on cytoplasmic actin dynamics but also on the availability of actin to modulate nuclear functions such as gene transcription...
- Epithelial cell-cell contacts regulate SRF-mediated transcription via Rac-actin-MAL signallingStephan Busche
Department of Molecular Biology, AG Regulation of Gene Expression, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, 82152 Martinsried, Germany
J Cell Sci 121:1025-35. 2008..We conclude that E-cadherin-dependent cell-cell junctions facilitate transcriptional activation via Rac, G-actin, MAL and SRF upon epithelial disintegration...
- Actin-dependent regulation of connective tissue growth factorSusanne Muehlich
Department of Nephrology and Hypertension, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Loschgestrasse 8, D 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 292:C1732-8. 2007..These findings provide novel evidence that monomeric actin is the connecting link between alterations in the cytoskeleton and CTGF gene expression and demonstrate the importance of SRF in regulating CTGF transcription...
- Mutant actins that stabilise F-actin use distinct mechanisms to activate the SRF coactivator MALGuido Posern
Transcription Laboratory, Cancer Research UK London Research Institute, Lincoln s Inn Fields Laboratories, London, UK
EMBO J 23:3973-83. 2004..We propose a model in which actin G15S acts directly to promote MAL nuclear entry...
- Actin dynamics control SRF activity by regulation of its coactivator MALFrancesc Miralles
Transcription Laboratory, Room 401, Cancer Research UK London Research Institute, Lincolns Inn Fields Laboratories, 44 Lincoln s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3PX, UK
Cell 113:329-42. 2003..Constitutively cytoplasmic MAL derivatives interfere with MAL redistribution and Rho-actin signaling to SRF. MAL associates with several SRF target promoters regulated via the Rho-actin pathway...