- Gender differences in the functional neuroanatomy of emotional episodic autobiographical memoryMartina Piefke
Institute of Medicine, Research Center Julich, Julich, Germany
Hum Brain Mapp 24:313-24. 2005..We suggest that the differential activations may reflect gender-specific cognitive strategies during access to autobiographical memories that do not necessarily affect the behavioral level of memory performance and emotionality...
- Recollections of one's own past: the effects of aging and gender on the neural mechanisms of episodic autobiographical memoryMartina Piefke
Institute of Medicine, Research Center Julich, Leo Brand Str 5, 52425, Julich, Germany
Anat Embryol (Berl) 210:497-512. 2005..Interestingly, age- and gender-related specificities in the neural mechanisms of autobiographical recollection need not be reflected on the performance level...
- Aging-related changes of neural mechanisms underlying visual-spatial working memoryMartina Piefke
Cognitive Neurology Section, Institute of Neuroscience and Medicine, Research Centre, Julich, Germany
Neurobiol Aging 33:1284-97. 2012..We conclude that frontal-parietal functional reorganizations may reflect compensational mechanisms related to aging, but do not obviate diminished visual-spatial WM performance in older people...
- Neurofunctional modulation of brain regions by distinct forms of motor cognition and movement featuresMartina Piefke
Department of Medicine, Institute of Neuroscience and Biophysics, Research Center Julich, Germany
Hum Brain Mapp 30:432-51. 2009..We conclude that subregions of a frontal-parietal network differentially interact during the cognitive processing of body movements according to the specific motor-related task at hand and the particular movement features involved...
- Gender differences in brain networks supporting empathyMartin Schulte-Rüther
Cognitive Neurology Section, Institute of Neuroscience and Biophysics INB3 Medicine, Research Center Julich, Leo Brand Str 5, 52425 Julich, Germany
Neuroimage 42:393-403. 2008....
- Dysfunctions in brain networks supporting empathy: an fMRI study in adults with autism spectrum disordersMartin Schulte-Rüther
University Hospital Aachen, Aachen, and Research Center Julich, Julich, Germany
Soc Neurosci 6:1-21. 2011..Such atypical patterns of activation may underlie disturbed empathy in individuals with ASD. Subjects with ASD may use an atypical cognitive strategy to gain access to their own emotional state in response to other people's emotions...
- Mirror neuron and theory of mind mechanisms involved in face-to-face interactions: a functional magnetic resonance imaging approach to empathyMartin Schulte-Rüther
Research Center Julich, Germany
J Cogn Neurosci 19:1354-72. 2007..An interplay between ToM and mirror neuron mechanisms may hold for the maintenance of a self-other distinction during empathic interpersonal face-to-face interactions...
- Differential remoteness and emotional tone modulate the neural correlates of autobiographical memoryMartina Piefke
Physiological Psychology, University of Bielefeld, Germany
Brain 126:650-68. 2003..We conclude that the brain regions involved in autobiographical memory retrieval are influenced by the triggered memories' emotional significance and their relationship to the individual time axis...
- Functional MRI correlates of the recall of unresolved life events in borderline personality disorderThomas Beblo
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy Bethel, Ev Hospital Bielefeld, Germany
Psychol Med 36:845-56. 2006..Using functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI), the present study aimed at investigating the neural correlates of the recall of unresolved life events in patients with BPD and healthy controls...
- Posttraumatic stress disorder and fMRI activation patterns of traumatic memory in patients with borderline personality disorderMartin Driessen
Center of Psychiatry and Psychological Medicine, Gilead Hospital Bethel, Bielefeld, Germany, Bielefeld
Biol Psychiatry 55:603-11. 2004..The purpose of this study was to investigate neural correlates of traumatic memory in BPD with and without posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) using functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI)...