Affiliation: Philipps University
- Efficacy of biofeedback for migraine: a meta-analysisYvonne Nestoriuc
Philipps University of Marburg, Section for Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, Gutenbergstr 18, 35032 Marburg, Germany
Pain 128:111-27. 2007..Finally, an intention-to-treat analysis showed that the treatment effects remained stable, even when drop-outs were considered as nonresponders...
- Meta-analysis of biofeedback for tension-type headache: efficacy, specificity, and treatment moderatorsYvonne Nestoriuc
Section for Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, Philipps University of Marburg, Marburg, Germany
J Consult Clin Psychol 76:379-96. 2008..In intention-to-treat and publication-bias analyses, the consistency of these findings was demonstrated. It is concluded that biofeedback constitutes an evidence-based treatment option for tension-type headache...
- Meta-analysis of the placebo response in antidepressant trialsWinfried Rief
Division of Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, University of Marburg, Germany
J Affect Disord 118:1-8. 2009....
- Differences in adverse effect reporting in placebo groups in SSRI and tricyclic antidepressant trials: a systematic review and meta-analysisWinfried Rief
Department of Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, Philipps University, Marburg, Germany
Drug Saf 32:1041-56. 2009..Biases in adverse effect reporting in randomized controlled trials (RCTs) [e.g. due to investigator expectations or assessment quality] can be quantified by studying the rates of adverse events reported in the placebo arms of such trials...
- Meta-analysis as the core of evidence-based behavioral medicine: tools and pitfalls of a statistical approachYvonne Nestoriuc
Department of Psychology, Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, Philipps University of Marburg, Germany
Curr Opin Psychiatry 23:145-50. 2010..This review aims to provide an accessible introduction to recent advances in the methodology and reporting style of quantitative reviews within the field of behavioral medicine...
- Assessing general side effects in clinical trials: reference data from the general populationWinfried Rief
University of Marburg, Germany
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 20:405-15. 2011..Base rates and reference data of the general population as well as quality criteria of this new side effect ascertainment method are provided...
- Lessons learned from placebo groups in antidepressant trialsMeike Shedden Mora
Department of Clinical Psychology, Philipps University of Marburg, Marburg, Germany
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 366:1879-88. 2011..In the conclusion, we discuss potential implications for clinical trial designs and argue for interventions aimed at optimizing positive expectations of treatment benefit while minimizing the impact of adverse effects...
- Biofeedback treatment for headache disorders: a comprehensive efficacy reviewYvonne Nestoriuc
Department of Psychiatry, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02120, USA
Appl Psychophysiol Biofeedback 33:125-40. 2008..Levels of efficacy (migraine: efficacious, level 4; tension-type headache: efficacious and specific, level 5) and recommendations for future research are provided...