H F Becker
Affiliation: Philipps University
- Breathing during sleep in patients with nocturnal desaturationH F Becker
Department of Medicine, David Read Laboratory, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 159:112-8. 1999..These data indicate that hypoventilation may be the major factor leading to hypoxia during sleep, and that reversal of hypoventilation during sleep should be a major therapeutic strategy for these patients...
- [Intermediate care units and noninvasive ventilation]Heinrich F Becker
Klinik fur Innere Medizin, SP Pneumologie, Universitätsklinikum Giessen und Marburg, Standort Marburg, Marburg
Med Klin (Munich) 101:334-9. 2006..The high prevalence of pulmonary diseases and NIV emphasizes the importance of pneumologists as directors of both ICU and IMC...
- Adult Chiari malformation and sleep apnoeaHeinrich F Becker
Department of Respiratory Medicine, University Hospital, Marburg, Baldingerstrasse, 35033 Marburg, Germany
Neurosurg Rev 28:177-8. 2005
- [Relevance of sleep for patients with lung diseases]H F Becker
Schwerpunkt Pneumologie, Klinik fur Innere Medizin, Philipps Universitat Marburg
Internist (Berl) 45:1026-34. 2004..If ambulatory monitoring reveals relevant pathology, then further evaluation and treatment in the sleep laboratory are warranted...
- [Sleep disorders and sleep-related breathing disorders]H F Becker
Schlafmedizinisches Labor, Klinik fur Innere Medizin, Philipps Universitat Marburg
Internist (Berl) 45:57-81; quiz 82-3. 2004....
- Effect of nasal continuous positive airway pressure treatment on blood pressure in patients with obstructive sleep apneaHeinrich F Becker
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Philipps University Marburg, Marburg, Germany
Circulation 107:68-73. 2003..Therefore, we studied the effect of nCPAP on arterial hypertension in patients with OSA...
- Low-flow oxygen and bilevel ventilatory support: effects on ventilation during sleep in cystic fibrosisM A Milross
Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Camperdown, Sydney, Australia
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 163:129-34. 2001..05). The rise in TcCO2 seen with REM sleep with both RA and LFO2 was attenuated with BVS (p < 0.05). We conclude that BVS leads to improvements in alveolar ventilation during sleep in this patient group...
- [Obstructive sleep apnea, autonomic dysfunction and cardiovascular risk]U Koehler
Klinik fur Innere Medizin, Schwerpunkt Pneumologie, Intensiv und Schlafmedizin, Philipps Universitat Marburg
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 128:1124-8. 2003
- [Why is obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) a cardiovascular risk factor?]U Koehler
Klinik für Innere Medizin SP Pneumologie, Intensiv und Schlafmedizin, Philipps Universitat Marburg, Baldingerstrasse 1, 35033 Marburg, Germany
Z Kardiol 92:977-84. 2003..The extent and need for therapy should be assessed by three criteria: 1) daytime symptoms, 2) the extent of breathing disorder and 3) cardiovascular comorbidity...
- A prospective polysomnographic study on the evolution of complex sleep apnoeaW Cassel
Faculty of Medicine, Philipps University Marburg, Baldingerstrasse 1, D 35043 Marburg, Germany
Eur Respir J 38:329-37. 2011..CompSA is not stable over time and is mainly observed in predisposed patients on nights with impaired sleep quality. It remains unclear to what extent sleep impairment is cause or effect of CompSA...
- Comparison of the effects of nebivolol and valsartan on BP reduction and sleep apnoea activity in patients with essential hypertension and OSAJ Heitmann
Philipps University Marburg, Marburg, Germany
Curr Med Res Opin 26:1925-32. 2010..To investigate the effect of nebivolol, a third generation beta-blocker, on blood pressure (BP) reduction and polysomnographic parameters in hypertensive patients with mild-to-moderate obstructive sleep apnoea (OSA)...
- [Measuring hypoxic and hypercapnic respiratory response in patients with obstructive sleep apnea]T Hölting
Philipps Universitat Marburg, 35033 Marburg, Deutschland
Biomed Tech (Berl) 47:860-2. 2002....
- Effect of sleep position and sleep stage on the collapsibility of the upper airways in patients with sleep apneaT Penzel
Department of Medicine, Philipps University, Marburg, Germany
Sleep 24:90-5. 2001..As a consequence lower nCPAP pressure is needed during lateral positions compared to supine positions...
- [Dependence of nocturnal bronchial obstruction on sleep position]V Gross
Philipps Universitat Marburg, 35033 Marburg, Deutschland
Biomed Tech (Berl) 47:863-5. 2002..From our results we can conclude that there is a small dependence of bronchial obstructions from sleep position. Further investigations are needed to verify this result...
- Automatic CPAP titration with different self-setting devices in patients with obstructive sleep apnoeaA Stammnitz
Dept of Respiratory Medicine and Sleep Unit, Philipps University Marburg, Marburg an der Lahn, Germany
Eur Respir J 24:273-8. 2004..It is concluded that automatic continuous positive airway pressure devices produce a significant reduction in apnoea/hypopnoea index; however, there is considerable difference in the efficacy of the various devices...
- [Sleep apnea, autonomic dysfunction and cardiovascular morbidity]U Koehler
Klinik fur Innere Medizin, SP Pneumologie, Intensiv und Schlafmedizin, Philipps Universitat, Baldingerstrasse 1, 35033 Marburg
Internist (Berl) 43:1091-2, 1095-8. 2002
- Sympathetic activity is reduced by nCPAP in hypertensive obstructive sleep apnoea patientsJ Heitmann
Sleep Laboratory, Division of Pulmonary Diseases, Dept of Internal Medicine, Marburg University, Germany
Eur Respir J 23:255-62. 2004..This may explain, at least in part, some of the discrepant results in previous treatment studies...
- [Acute exacerbation of COPD]R Bals
Klinik für Innere Medizin mit Schwerpunkt Pneumologie, Universitätsklinikum Giessen und Marburg, Standort Marburg, Marburg
Pneumologie 60:11-23; quiz 24-5. 2006
- Health-related quality of life in patients with narcolepsyRichard Dodel
Department of Neurology, Philipps University, Marburg, Germany
Sleep Med 8:733-41. 2007..To evaluate the health-related quality of life (HRQoL) in patients suffering from narcolepsy...
- [Sleep apnea--treatment improves hypertension]Wolfgang Grotz
Klinik fur Innere Medizin II, Alfried Krupp Krankenhaus Essen, Essen, Germany
Med Klin (Munich) 101:880-5. 2006..This is especially true for the obstructive sleep apnea patient with refractory hypertension. CPAP therapy is probably the best therapy for sleep apnea-induced nocturnal blood pressure rises...
- Obesity, sleep apnea syndrome, and rhythmogenic riskWolfram Grimm
Department of Internal Medicine and Cardiology, Hospital of the Philipps University of Marburg, Germany
Herz 31:213-8; quiz 219. 2006....
- The socioeconomic impact of narcolepsyRichard Dodel
Department of Neurology, Friedrich Wilhelms University Bonn, Germany
Sleep 27:1123-8. 2004..To evaluate the economic burden of patients suffering from narcolepsy...
- Peripheral arterial tonometry, oximetry and actigraphy for ambulatory recording of sleep apneaThomas Penzel
Division for Pulmonary Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Hospital of Philipps University, Baldingerstr 1, D 35033 Marburg, Germany
Physiol Meas 25:1025-36. 2004..Arousals are not unique to apnea events and therefore the specifity of the Watch-PAT is limited. In conclusion, the Watch-PAT is well suited to perform therapy control studies in patients suffering from sleep apnea and being treated...
- Brain natriuretic peptide for prediction of Cheyne-Stokes respiration in heart failure patientsMichael Christ
Klinik fur Innere Medizin, Kardiologie Philipps Universität Marburg, Germany
Int J Cardiol 116:62-9. 2007..Specifically, BNP levels are associated with the severity of cardiac and sleep-related disease, and may be helpful in the diagnosis of CSR and more appropriate use of polysomnography in CHF patients...