Frank Gerald B Pajonk
- Personality traits of emergency physicians and paramedicsFrank Gerald Pajonk
Center for Psychiatric and Psychotherapeutic Care and Rehabilitation, Dr K Fontheim s Hospital for Mental Health, Lindenstr 15, Liebenburg D 38704, Germany
Emerg Med J 28:141-6. 2011..So far very little is known about personality traits that distinguish paramedics (PM) and emergency physicians (EP) from other medical staff...
- The cross-sectional GRAS sample: a comprehensive phenotypical data collection of schizophrenic patientsKatja Ribbe
Division of Clinical Neuroscience, Max Planck Institute of Experimental Medicine, Gottingen, Germany
BMC Psychiatry 10:91. 2010..This approach is different from and complementary to the genome-wide association studies (GWAS) on schizophrenia...
- Psychiatric emergencies in prehospital emergency medical systems: a prospective comparison of two urban settingsFrank Gerald Pajonk
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, The Saarland University Hospitals, Homburg, Germany
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 30:360-6. 2008..So far, however, no prospective studies regarding the incidence of PES have been performed, neither have effects of training programs on diagnostic and therapeutic accuracy been studied...
- [Psychosocial emergencies--Agitation, aggression and violence in emergency and search and rescue services]Frank Gerald B Pajonk
Privat Nerven Klinik Dr Kurt Fontheim in Liebenburg
Anasthesiol Intensivmed Notfallmed Schmerzther 43:514-21. 2008..Action has to be determined but unexcited and, depending on the situation, swift but well coordinated, including psychopharmacotherapy...
- [Suicide and suicidality in emergency medicine]Frank Gerald B Pajonk
Privat Nerven Klinik Dr med Kurt Fontheim, Liebenburg
Anasthesiol Intensivmed Notfallmed Schmerzther 44:720-7. 2009..In addition, concepts are presented which allow for an adequate risk assessment of suicidality and showing possibilities of primary crisis intervention...
- Hippocampal plasticity in response to exercise in schizophreniaFrank Gerald Pajonk
Department of Psychiatry, The Saarland University Hospital, Homburg, Germany
Arch Gen Psychiatry 67:133-43. 2010..Hippocampal volume is lower than expected in patients with schizophrenia; however, whether this represents a fixed deficit is uncertain. Exercise is a stimulus to hippocampal plasticity...
- Rapid dose titration of quetiapine for the treatment of acute schizophrenia and acute mania: a case seriesFrank Gerald B Pajonk
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, The Saarland University Hospitals, Hamburg, Germany
J Psychopharmacol 20:119-24. 2006..However, dose adjustments should be considered with respect to each patient's individual level of tolerability...
- Suicides and suicide attempts in emergency medicineFrank Gerald Pajonk
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Germany
Crisis 23:68-73. 2002..This investigation presents a first evaluation of the complete emergency protocols from a major German city focusing on suicide and parasuicide...
- Long-term follow-up after severe suicide attempt by multiple blunt traumaFrank Gerald Pajonk
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, The Saarland University Hospitals, Homburg 66421, Germany
Eur Psychiatry 20:115-20. 2005..Therefore, the outcome of patients with severe multiple blunt trauma as a result of a suicide attempt was investigated with respect to psychiatric and somatic health, quality of life (QOL) and suicide reattempt rates...