Affiliation: Otto-von-Guericke University
- Postnatal development of a GABA deficit and disturbance of neural functions in mice lacking GAD65O Stork
Laboratory of Neurochemistry, National Institute for Physiological Sciences, Okazaki, Japan
Brain Res 865:45-58. 2000..Aggressive, and possibly other social behaviour may be especially prone to regulation through GAD65-mediated GABA synthesis...
- Recovery of emotional behaviour in neural cell adhesion molecule (NCAM) null mutant mice through transgenic expression of NCAM180O Stork
Department of Neurobiology, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Honggerberg, CH 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Eur J Neurosci 12:3291-306. 2000..We suggest an involvement of NCAM180-mediated cell recognition processes in the serotonergic modulation of emotional behaviour in adult mice...
- Identification of genes expressed in the amygdala during the formation of fear memoryO Stork
Laboratory of Neurochemistry, National Institute for Physiological Sciences, Okazaki 444 8585, Japan
Learn Mem 8:209-19. 2001....
- Resistance to alcohol withdrawal-induced behaviour in Fyn transgenic mice and its reversal by ifenprodilOliver Stork
Laboratory of Neurochemistry, National Institute for Physiological Sciences, Nishigonaka 38, Myodaiji, Okazaki 444 8585, Japan
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 105:126-35. 2002..Together, these results suggest that Fyn can modulate alcohol consumption and prevent behavioural changes during alcohol withdrawal, possibly via phosphorylation of NR2B...
- Fear memory and the amygdala: insights from a molecular perspectiveOliver Stork
Institute of Physiology, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Leipziger Str 44, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Cell Tissue Res 310:271-7. 2002....
- Neuronal functions of the novel serine/threonine kinase Ndr2Oliver Stork
Institute of Physiology, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, D 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
J Biol Chem 279:45773-81. 2004..Together, our data suggest that Ndr2 is an interesting candidate gene for the regulation of structural processes in differentiating and mature neuronal cells...
- Altered conditioned fear behavior in glutamate decarboxylase 65 null mutant miceO Stork
Laboratory of Neurochemistry, National Institute for Physiological Sciences, Myodaiji, Okazaki, Aichi, Japan
Genes Brain Behav 2:65-70. 2003..GAD65-/- mice provide a valuable tool to further dissect the GABAergic mechanisms involved in fear and anxiety and to model GABA-related neurological and psychiatric disorders...
- Critical role of the 65-kDa isoform of glutamic acid decarboxylase in consolidation and generalization of Pavlovian fear memoryJorge R Bergado-Acosta
Institute for Physiology, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, D 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Learn Mem 15:163-71. 2008....
- Disruption of fear memory consolidation and reconsolidation by actin filament arrest in the basolateral amygdalaKati Rehberg
Department of Genetics and Molecular Neurobiology, Institute of Biology, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Neurobiol Learn Mem 94:117-26. 2010..Together, these observations indicate that dynamic re-arrangements of actin filaments in the BLA during a late phase of fear memory consolidation and reconsolidation are critical for fear memory storage...
- Genes and mechanisms in the amygdala involved in the formation of fear memoryHans Christian Pape
Institute of Physiology, Otto von Guericke University Medical School, D 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Ann N Y Acad Sci 985:92-105. 2003....
- Generalisation of conditioned fear and its behavioural expression in miceT Rao Laxmi
Institute of Physiology, Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg, Leipziger Str. 44, D-39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Behav Brain Res 145:89-98. 2003....
- Role of the neural cell adhesion molecule (NCAM) in amygdalo-hippocampal interactions and salience determination of contextual fear memoryAnne Albrecht
Department of Genetics and Molecular Neurobiology, Institute of Biology, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Magdeburg, Germany
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 13:661-74. 2010....
- Contribution of NR2B subunits to synaptic transmission in amygdaloid interneuronsCsaba Szinyei
Institute of Physiology, Medical School, Otto von Guericke University, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
J Neurosci 23:2549-56. 2003....
- Reduction of extracellular GABA in the mouse amygdala during and following confrontation with a conditioned fear stimulusOliver Stork
Laboratory of Neurochemistry, National Institute for Physiological Sciences, Nishigonaka 38, Myodaiji, Okazaki, Aichi, Japan
Neurosci Lett 327:138-42. 2002..Our observations suggest that changes of GABAergic transmission may be involved in retrieval and expression of conditioned fear and the modulation of emotional state through the amygdala...
- Cell adhesion molecules: key players in memory consolidation?Hans Welzl
Division of Neuroanatomy and Behavior, Institute of Anatomy, University of Zurich, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
News Physiol Sci 18:147-50. 2003..Interference with L1 and NCAM function in a variety of learning tasks in different species severely attenuates memory consolidation, indicating their involvement in an evolutionary conserved mechanism of neural plasticity...
- Identification of a neuropeptide S responsive circuitry shaping amygdala activity via the endopiriform nucleusSusanne Meis
Institut fur Physiologie, Otto von Guericke Universitat, Magdeburg, Germany
PLoS ONE 3:e2695. 2008..Together, these data suggest the existence of a specific NPS-responsive circuitry between EPN and BLA, likely involved in contextual aspects of fear memory...
- Role of the somatostatin system in contextual fear memory and hippocampal synaptic plasticityChristian Kluge
Institute of Physiology I Neurophysiology, Westfälische Wilhelms University Münster, 48149 Munster, Germany
Learn Mem 15:252-60. 2008....
- Theta resynchronization during reconsolidation of remote contextual fear memoryRajeevan T Narayanan
Institute of Physiology I, Westfälische Wilhelms University Münster, Munster, Germany
Neuroreport 18:1107-11. 2007..These data indicate that the reconsolidation of remote contextual fear memory includes changes in ensemble activities between the lateral amygdala and CA1...
- Dissociated theta phase synchronization in amygdalo- hippocampal circuits during various stages of fear memoryRajeevan T Narayanan
Institut fur Physiologie I, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Robert Koch Str 27a, Munster, Germany
Eur J Neurosci 25:1823-31. 2007....
- Theta activity in neurons and networks of the amygdala related to long-term fear memoryHans Christian Pape
Institut fuer Physiologie I Neurophysiologie, Westfaelische Wilhelms Universitaet, Germany
Hippocampus 15:874-80. 2005..Synchronization at theta frequencies is suggested to represent activity in amygdalo-hippocampal pathways associated with system consolidation of fear memory, which is supported by the cholinergic system...
- Amygdalar and hippocampal theta rhythm synchronization during fear memory retrievalThomas Seidenbecher
, , Leipziger Strasse 44, Magdeburg D-39120, Germany
Science 301:846-50. 2003..Synchronization of theta activities in the amygdalohippocampal network represents a neuronal correlate of conditioned fear, apt to improve neuronal communication during memory retrieval...